Camilo Madrigal is a supporting character in the animated movie Encanto. He is described as a theater kid of The Madrigals.
Camilo Madrigal is middle child of Pepa and Felix Madrigal. He is the same age as Mirabel, the protagonist of Encanto.
He is a natural entertainer as he is easy-going, fun-loving, and charismatic. He is also extroverted and social, so he is on good terms with many of the townsfolk.
He enjoys the spotlight and has a good sense of humor. While he might be wisecracking, he is tender, sweet, and responsible. He is good with infants and children.
Camilo might be described as a cheerful kid, but he also suffers from insecurities and feelings of pressure.
As a Colombian boy, he has a slender build. Light golden-brown complexion with hazel eyes and freckles across his nose and cheeks.
He has curly dark auburn hair, which makes his appearance noticeable. He often wears a white long-sleeved shirt with the sleeves rolled up.
His button is mismatched as a result of his collar that opened. He wore yellow ruana with darker yellow streaks combined with black pants and black sandals with white etching.
What’s more interesting is that his clothes have a chameleon motif that is much like his power of shapeshifting.
- Real Name: Camilo Madrigal
- Stage Name: –
- Also Known As: The Theatre Kid, The Family Prankster, Carlos Madrigal
- Nickname: –
- Birthday: December 28, 1934
- Age: 15 Years Old
- Gender: Male
- Height: 5’4″
- Weight: –
- Blood Type: –
- Hair Color: Dark
- Eyes Color: Hazel
- Parents: Felix Madrigal (father), Pepa Madrigal (mother)
- Siblings: Dolores Madrigal (older sister), Antonio Madrigal (younger brother)
- Friends: His family, people at the village
- Hobbies: Pranking, playing football
- Type of Hero: Mischievous trickster
- Voice Actor: Rhenzy Felix
- His name means freeborn, temple servant, or noble.
- His name is also based on the word chameleon, an animal that can change color.
- At first, his character name was going to be Carlos, and he was meant to be more antagonist to Mirabel. Then the dynamic changes to Isabela instead.
- He was gifted with the power to shapeshift to other people. He often used this ability to prank others or help parents take care of their infants.
- The name Camilo was named after Encanto’s staff tour guide, Camilo Gracia Escobar, while they were in Colombia.
- His shapeshifting ability might be limited to people, but some concept art in The Art of Encanto makes him able to turn into animals.
- His birthday is equivalent to April Fool’s Day and Holy Innocents Day.
- He likes food, singing, the Casita, helping others, parties, and acting.
- He dislikes losing his gift, danger, lightning, messy food, and getting caught.
- He enjoys his ability to shapeshift, but it sometimes makes him question his sense of self, and constantly shapeshifting does tire him out.
- His main power is the ability of any human being he knows. The transformation can happen fast and he is also able to only transform certain parts of his body and manipulate the appearance of the person he transforms into.
- When he uses his gift, he can slide, jump, or run through the falling pieces of ruins. The agility of his transformation also makes him possible to vocal impression after much practice.
- His ability to shapeshift is also influenced by his emotional state. Sometimes he can transform involuntarily if he is stressed, shocked, or in pain. His transformation when he is in an unstable emotional state also isn’t perfect. His head could become small and skinny, or eyes bulging and looking away from others.
- The shapeshifting power has a limitation that it can only transform into people and can’t transform into objects or animals. He is also not able to personae traits beyond the physical level.
“What? We Don’t Have A House. I Can’t Say We Don’t Have A House? What Is That? Not A House.”
“My power, they’re gone. I don’t know, I don’t know what it mean.”
“Worth a shot”
“Isabela, your boyfriend’s here”
His shapeshifting power makes him able to do pranksters on people around him, though he is fun-loving, but he is responsible and loves his family and people in townsfolk.