Kylian Mbappe began his adventure in football early at age six. When he was six years old, his father enrolled him to the AS Bondy, the club where his father also became a coach.
He showed his potential as a kid, even one of his coaches at AS Bondy, Antonio Riccardi said that Kylian was faster and had amazing dribbling and he could tell that Kylian was different and could do much more than the other children.
Before he turned 12 years old, Kylian Mbappe got invited by Rennais FC to take trials and play in tournaments for under 12s. In the tournament, he helped his team to win the competition.
His standout performance makes Rennais FC a priority to recruit him to join the academy, but they failed to make Kylian join Rennais FC.
By not joining Rennais FC, he aims to join a bigger football school. He takes a chance to join France’s national soccer center, Clairefontaine. A school specializing in training the best kids in entire country.
When he was 12 years old, he took a trial and played on the Chelsea trail and brought his team won against Charlton, but sadly Chelsea FC never called him after the matches.
After taking a few trial at European clubs and failing negotiations, he went to AS Monaco youth and graduated from the academy and makes his senior debut at the age of 16. He signed his first contract with AS Monaco II in 2016.
In Monaco, he helped the team win Ligue 1 title with his 26 goals in the 2016 – 2017 season. It was the first title the club had gained in 17 years.
He joined Paris Saint Germain on initial loan in a deal that he could join the club permanently at the end of the season. After joining Paris Saint Germain, he helped the club win Ligue 1.
His unstoppable performance at the club makes him get a call to join France for the 2018 Russia World Cup.
- Real Name: Kylian Adesanmi Mbappe Lottin
- Stage Name: Kylian Mbappe
- Also Known As: –
- Nickname: Donatello
- Birthday: December 20, 1998
- Birthplace: Paris, France
- Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
- Nationality: French
- Height: 178 cm (5’10”)
- Weight: 73 kg (160 lbs)
- Blood Type: –
- Religion: Christian
- Profession: Professional Footballer
- Education: –
- Hobbies: Playing Tennis, Listening to Music, Playing Video Games
- Position: Striker
AS Monaco II (2015 – 2016);
AS Monaco (2016 – 2018);
Paris Saint Germain (loan) (2017 – 2018);
Paris Saint Germain (2018 – )
- Parents: Wilfred Mbappe (Father), Fayza Mbappe (Mother)
- Siblings: Ethan Mbappe, Jires Kembo Ekoko (adoptive)
Camille Gottlieb (rumored);
Stella Maxwell (rumored 2022);
Alicia Aylies (2018 – 2022);
- Facebook: –
- Twitter: –
- Instagram: @k.mbappe
- Tiktok: –
- Youtube: –
- He grew up in an athletic family. His father was a soccer coach while his mother was a handball player.
- His elder brother, was a striker and featured for the Clairefontaine, Rennes, and El Jaish.
- From age six to eleven, he attended Conservatory music school while he learned to read music and study the flute.
- He idolized Cristiano Ronaldo and met him when he attended trials for Real Madrid at an invitation by Zinedine Zidane.
- He signed with Monaco when he was 14 and started playing for the team when he was 16. It makes him the youngest player in Monaco’s history.
- He was dating Alicia Aylies, Miss France 2017 for quite a long time. They were introduced by Benjamin Pavard’s partner and began dating in 2018.
- Before dating Alicia Aylies, he dated Camille Gottlieb, the daughter of Princess Stephanie o Monaco and Jean Raymond Gottlieb.
- In early 2022, he was seen arm to arm with Ines Rau at Cannes Film Festival and there’s a picture of him lifting her on his yacht. They two said been dating for several months.
- He is a fan of top end cars and has a few collections such as Ferrari, Mercedes-Benz, Audi, Range Rover, and BMW.
- In 2018, TIME magazine put him on the list of the 25 most influential teenagers in the world.
- He enjoys water vacations and is a specialist in aquatic workouts.
- His iconic goals celebration was inspired by his younger brother, Ethan.
- He loves sneakers and would meticulously clean them. His first football boots were Nike Vapors.
- His transfer deal with Paris Saint Germain was €180 million, making him the second most expensive transfer in football.
- He gave all his earning, which is around €400,000 in World Cup 2018, to a children’s charity in France.
- In 2022, there’s a controversy around him and his teammate, Neymar, who are in disagreement over who’s going to take penalty in matches against Montpellier.
- He is quite secluded about his life outside football and never seems to share what his ideal type is like.
- His net worth is around £120 million.
“You can’t sit around and do nothing, you have to carry on.”
“I always assume that one day someone will come and try to do better so you always have to go beyond your limits.”
“I work hard every day to try to help my team. I try to have fun too – because football is still fun – and scoring goals, breaking records, that’s what drives me.”
“For me, football is more than a sport, just look at the impact it has on society.”
“I would like my celebrity to serve charity purposes, and to help people less well off.”
“I’m not going to revolutionise football. I’m in a system. You have to know how to respect it and to stay in place.”
“It will not matter, the pressure I always had it, I was mediated early, I learned to handle it, I got used to it and it’s part of my environment.”
“We have given ourselves the means of our ambitions, and in football, when we give ourselves the means, it is always less difficult.”
“When I was younger, there were players who gave me pleasure, and now I’m in that role.”
“When my kids ask me, ‘What did you do when you were 18?’ I will tell them I was already at Paris Saint-Germain, that I was already a star and had to stay at home. I’ll have my stories about home”
Showing his potential since he was a kid, Kylian grew to be one of the famous footballers people look up to and with the help of his family who are showing tremendous support to him.