Marshmello started his career by uploading songs on SoundCloud. He then held performances in Miami, California, and New York with other artists.
He launched his debut album titled Joytime in 2016. Keep It Mello, one of his singles, got gold certification from the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA).
It also reached number five on Billboard’s Dance/Electronic Songs chart.
Next, he joined the Canadian record label and released a single named Alone in 2016. The song led him to get a nomination from WDM Radio Awards for Best Trending Track and Best New Talent.
He gradually boosted his career as a DJ. Marshmello collaborated with other popular singers, such as Selena Gomez for Wolves in 2018 and Khalid on Silence in 2017.
His song with Gomez received platinum certification from many countries, such as New Zealand, France, and the US.
His works went on reaching top rank in many charts. The single Friends with Anne-Marie peaked at number eleven on Hot 100.
Moreover, Happier in 2018 was at the top chart of Dance/Electronic Songs for 69 weeks.
- Full name: Christopher Comstock
- Stage name: Marshmello
- Nickname: Dotcom
- Born: May 19, 1992, in Pennsylvania, United States
- Nationality: American
- Religion: Buddhism
- Profession: DJ, internet personality
- Education: The Shipley School
- Hobbies: Gaming and cooking
- Parents: Unknown
- Sibling: Sister (Unknown)
- Girlfriend: Kelsey Calemine
- Facebook: @marshmellomusic
- Twitter: @marshmellomusic
- Instagram: @marshmellomusic
- TikTok: @marshmellomusic
- YouTube: Marshmello
- His trademark is a white helmet.
- Marshmello’s zodiac sign is Taurus.
- DJ Kayzo is one of his best friends.
- He creates several series named Cooking with Marshmello and Gaming with Marshmello to show his talent in both fields.
- Christopher often shows his sense of humor on social media by posting memes.
- The inspiration for using a helmet during the performance was inspired by Deadmau5, a Canadian music producer.
- He often asks for help from other artists to play himself. Some of them are Will Ferrell and Tiesto.
- His helmet costs over 50,000 USD. It has programmable LED lights and an air-conditioning system.
- He is concerned about his international fans. Once, he played Bollywood songs during his performance in New Delhi.
- Moreover, he made Indonesian fried rice for his Jakarta fans on his YouTube channel.
- In 2016, DJ Mag listed him as one of the Top 100 DJs awards for Highest New Entry.
- He was nominated for Best Dance Track from Radio Disney Music Awards in 2017.
- Forbes magazine included him in the 30 Under 30 – Music list in 2018.
- In the same year, he donated 500,000 USD to KIND after winning the Fortnite tournament.
- He also supported a campaign named #FindYourFido from the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.
- In 2018, Google endorsed him to promote Google Pixel 3.
- Marshmello got three nominations at the 2019 Billboard Music Awards for Top Dance/Electronic Song, Top Dance/Electronic Artist, and Top Collaboration.
- The DJ partnered with a video game Fortnite Battle Royal to hold a concert and release its game merchandise.
- He became one of the artists who were included in Celebrity 100 by Forbes magazine in 2020.
1. Marshmello wears an all-white outfit
2. What do you think of this all-black one?
3. He is looking at his own reflection
4. Who are you calling, Marshmello?
5. Do you want to join him?
In spite of his anonymous identity, Marshemello gains huge recognition for his musical talent. The element of mystery of his identity makes people more curious about him.