The release period of Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo took its place starting from August 29, 2016, until November 1, 2016.
Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo is starred by IU, a popular Korean singer and actress, and also Lee Joon Gi.
Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo is a drama adaptation from Bu Bu Jing Xin, a Chinese novel written by Tong Hua.
Initially, the title of this drama is Dalui Yeonin. But the team thought to change the title to Bobogyungsim: Ryeo, and finally, the final title is Dalui Yeonin – Bobogyungsim Ryeo.
All the cast started the script reading process on January 8, 2016, and the production crew began their preparation in 2015.
IU is well-known for her main roles in some well-known Korean dramas, such as Bel Ami (2013), and also The Producers (2015).
Her opponent actor, Lee Joon Gi, made some appearances as the main actor in Two Weeks (2013), and also Gunman in Joseon (2014).
Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo replaced the schedule of the previous SBS drama, Doctors, which was aired every Monday and Tuesday at 22:00 KST.
Read more: Police University – Cast & Summary
- Title: Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo / 달의 연인-보보경심 려 / Dalui Yeonin – Bobogyungsim Ryeo
- Also Known As: Moon Lovers , Time Slip: Ryeo / Scarlet Heart: Goryeo / Scarlet Heart: Ryeo
- Genre: Historical, Romance, Fantasy, Melodrama
- Country: South Korea
- Director: Kim Kyu Tae
- Producer: Baek Choong Hwa
- Screenwriter: Tong Hua (novel), Jo Yoon-Young
- Production Companies: BaramiBunda Inc, GT Entertainment, NBCUniversal International Television, YG Entertainment
- Network: SBS
- Episodes: 20
- Air Dates: August 29, 2016 – November 1, 2016
- Air Time: Monday and Tuesday, 22:00 KST
Synopsis of Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo
Go Ha Jin (IU) is actually a 25-years-old lovely woman who lives in the 21st century. But one day, there’s a total solar eclipse that brings her back to the Goryeo era.
After being transported to the year 941, she found out that she became another person, Hae Soo.
She finally knows that she is surrounded by some royal princes of the Wang family when King Taejo still reigns the era.
At first, she falls deeply to Wang Wook (Kang Haneul), the 8th prince with a gentle personality. He is the type of man who has a warm heart.
But later, Hae Soo finds that her heart turns its path into the 4th prince, Wang So (Lee Joon Gi).
From the outside, Wang So’s appearance is frightening and he always uses a mask to hide his own face.
Not only about love life, but Hae Soo also finds out that she is involved in the politics at that palace.
Read more: Lovers of the Red Sky – Cast & Summary
IU as Go Ha Jin/Hae Soo
A 25-years-old young woman who is optimistic and always rooting for justice. She is involved in time travel accidentally which finds her love in the Goryeo era.
Hae Soo is the only one who understands Wang So and can help him.
Lee Joon Gi as 4th Prince Wang So, then becomes King Gwangjong
Her extreme coldness and cruelness were caused by a lot of his pains. He is always being misunderstood by every people around himself. Hae Soo’s arrival changes his life forever.
Kang Haneul as 8th Prince Wang Wook
A kind gentleman who always has a deep heart for everyone around him.
Hong Jong Hyun as 3rd Prince Wang Yo
- Kim San Ho as Crown Prince Wang Mu, later King Hyejong
- Yoon Sun Woo as 9th Prince Wang Won
- Byun Baek Hyun as 10th Prince Wang Eun
- Nam Joo Hyuk as Baek Ah, 13th Prince Wang Wook
- Ji Soo as 14th Prince Wang Jung
Goryeo Imperial Family
- Jo Min Ki as Wang Geon, King Taejo
- Park Ji Young as Queen Yoo, Taejo’s 3rd Queen
- Jung Kyung Soon as Queen Hwangbo, Taejo’s 4th Queen
- Kang Han Na as Princess Hwangbo Yeon Hwa, later Queen Daemok
Women of the Princes
- Park Si Eun as Lady Hae Myung Hee
- Jin Ki Joo as Chae Ryung
- Seohyun as Woo Hee
- Ji Hye RAn as Park Soon Deok
- Kim Sung Kyun as Choi Ji Mong
- Sung Dong Il as General Park Soo Kyung
- Woo Hee Jin as Court Lady Oh Soo Yeon
- Choi Byung Mo as Park Young Gyu, Wang Yo’s father-in-law
- Park Jung Hak as Wang Sik Ryeom, King Taejo’s cousin
- Kim Kang Il as a member of the Shinju Kang clan
- Byeon Woo Seok as Go Ha Jin’s ex-boyfriend
- Jang Hae Min as Go Ha Jin’s friend
- Park Kwi Soon as the Chief Monk of the temple where the tongueless monks reside
- Oh Yoo Mi as court lady
- Jang Seo Hee as Lady Gyeonghwa
- Seo Eun Sol as Hae Soo and Wang So’s daughter
- Kim Do Hye as Bok Soon, Wang Wook’s daughter
OST (Original Soundtrack)
- For You – Chen, Baekhyun, Xiumin
- Say Yes – Loco, Punch
- I Love You, I Remember You – I.O.I
- Forgetting You – Davichi
- All With You – Taeyeon
- Can You Hear My Heart – Epik High, Lee Hi
- A Lot Like Love – Baek-A-yeon
- Confess – SG Wannabe
- Will Be Back – Sunhae Im
- My Love – Lee Hi
- Wind – Jung Seung-hwan
- Be With You – Akdong Musician
- Goodbye – Im Do Hyuk