Muhammad Ali Quotes – Muhammad Ali as the world’s legendary boxer whose name is famous and remembered by all of us.
Throughout the course of his career, there are many interesting things to share that motivate us all. Maybe, for some of us the figure of Ali until the end of his life is always remembered as the best boxer ever.
Muhammad Ali, or his full name is Cassius Marcellus Clay Jr. is a former professional boxer from the United States who is widely known as one of the most important and famous sports figures of the 20th century.
From the start of his career, Ali was known as an inspirational, controversial and influential figure both inside and outside the ring.
Ali was born in Louisville, Kentucky, United States, and started boxing training at the age of 12. At the age of 22, he had won the heavyweight boxing world title from Sonny Liston in a fight in 1964.
In the process not long after that, Ali converted to Islam and changed his name to Muhammad Ali and gave a message of racial pride to African Americans as well as resistance to white domination during the African-American Civil Rights Movement of the 1960s.
In 1966, two years after winning the heavyweight title, Ali refused to serve in the United States Military Forces, as well as opposing American involvement in the Vietnam War.
Ali was later suspended, and his championship title was revoked by the Boxing Commission. He successfully appealed in the United States Supreme Court, which reversed his sentence in 1971.
At that time, he could not fight at all for almost four years and lost his peak performance as a boxing athlete. Ali’s actions as a war opponent made him a huge icon for the Counter Generation.
Ali is to date the only three-time world heavyweight champion; he won the title in 1964, 1974, and 1978.
Between February 25 and September 19 1964, Ali was crowned World Heavyweight Boxing Champion. He was nicknamed “The Greatest”.
In 1999, Ali was awarded the “Sportsman of the Century” by Sports Illustrated.
There are many interesting things that we can take from the legendary figure of Ali Mohammad in the boxing ring.
One of them is in the following quotes from Muhammad Ali, which is a shame if it is not shared and listened to together.
For that, here are 100 Muhammad Ali quotes that are full of lessons and lessons for all of us from his lifetime.
Muhammad Ali Quotes Give Us The Meaning About Life
1. “The thing that matters is how you lose. I’m not crying. My friends should not cry.”
2. “I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion’.”
3. “I figured that if I said it enough, I would convince the world that I really was the greatest.”
4. “A man who has no imagination has no wings.”
5. “Life is a gamble.”
6. “I learn to put my head within hitting range, force my opponent to throw blows, then learn back and away.”
7. “It takes a lot out of a fighter to throw punches that land in thin air.”
8. “My way of joking is to tell the truth. That’s the funniest joke in the world.”
9. “When it comes to love, compassion, and other feelings of the heart, I am rich.”
10. “We spend more time learning how to make a living than we do learning how to make a life.”
11. “His hands can’t hit what his eyes can’t see.”
12. “I know no fighter can survive the loss if he feels sorry for himself when he’s defeated.”
13. “If your dreams don’t scare you, they aren’t big enough.”
14. “I should be a postage stamp. That’s the only way I’ll ever get licked.”
15. “I had always come home like the victorious hunter bringing back big game from the jungle.”
16. “I had always been the one who picked up all the stragglers and stray followers.”
17. “Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they’ve been given than to explore the power they have to change it.”
18. “I figure I’ll be champ for about ten years and then I’ll let my brother take over like the Kennedys down in Washington.”
19. “I loved the smell of horse and hay and the sight of their beautiful bodies. Somehow it inspired me to train harder so my body could be in condition like that.”
20. “Too many easy victories can ruin a fighter just as much as a long line of defeats.”
21. “My toughest fight was with my first wife.”
22. “When you are as great as I am it is hard to be humble.”
23. “When you can whip any man in the world, you never know peace.”
24. “I know where I’m going and I know the truth, and I don’t have to be what you want me to be. I’m free to be what I want.”
25. “Think well of all, be patient with all, and try to find the good in all.”
26. “Age is whatever you think it is.”
27. “At home I am a nice guy: but I don’t want the world to know. Humble people, I’ve found, don’t get very far.”
28. “There are more pleasant things to do than beat up people.”
29. “If your dreams don’t scare you, they aren’t big enough.”
30. “Think well of all, be patient with all, and try to find the good in all.”
31. “Recognize how every moment of our journey is an important part of the growth of our soul.”
32. “Truly great people in history never wanted to be great for themselves. All they wanted was the chance to do good for others and be close to God.”
33. “The man with no imagination has no wings.”
34. “We can’t be brave without fear.”
35. “I try not to speak about all the charities and people I help because I believe we can only be truly generous when we expect nothing in return.”
36. “I believe in the religion of Islam. I believe in Allah and peace. ”
37. “It’s hard to be humble when you’re as great as I am.”
38. “I’ll beat him so bad he’ll need a shoehorn to put his hat on.”
39. “I’ve never let anyone talk me into not believing in myself.”
40. “When it comes to love, compassion, and other feelings of the heart, I am rich.”
41. “It’s in my blood to be around people while I was training.”
42. “I am an ordinary man who worked hard to develop the talent I was given. I believed in myself, and I believe in the goodness of others.”
43. “The fight is won or lost far away from the witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road; long before I dance under those lights.”
44. “We spend more time learning how to make a living than we do learning to make a life.”
45. “I said I was ‘The Greatest,’ I never said I was the smartest!”
46. “Wisdom is knowing when you can’t be wise.”
47. “I wanted to use my fame and this face that everyone knows so well to help uplift and inspire people around the world.”
48. “All through my life, I have been tested. My will has been tested, my courage has been tested, my strength has been tested. Now my patience and endurance are being tested.”
49. “I don’t trust anyone who’s nice to me but rude to the waiter. Because they would treat me the same way if I were in that position.”
50. “When a fighter is beaten, everybody who believes in him is beaten too his family, his friends, his children, the people who cheer him on, who give him their love, their hope, their pride.”
51. “I don’t have to be what you want me to be.”
52. “I got speed and endurance. You’d better increase your insurance.”
53. “There is a science to making your opponent wear down.”
54. “I believe in the an eye-for-an-eye business. I’m no cheek turner.”
55. “Others may know pleasure, but pleasure is not happiness. It has no more importance than a shadow following a man.”
56. “Inside of a ring or out, ain’t nothing wrong with going down. It’s staying down that’s wrong.”
57. “You lose nothing when fighting for a cause … In my mind the losers are those who don’t have a cause they care about.”
58. “My only fault is that I don’t realize how great I really am.”
59. “Recognize how every moment of our journey is an important part of the growth of our soul.”
60. “The greatest victory in life is to rise above the material things that we once valued most.”
61. “Enjoy your children, even when they don’t act the way you want them to.”
62. “Christians are my brothers, Hindus are my brothers, all of them are my brothers. We just think different and believe different.”
63. “I try to learn as much as I can because I know nothing compared to what I need to know.”
64. “I run on the road long before I dance under the lights.”
65. “The one without dreams is the one without wings.”
66. “I do a lot of reading, a lot of studying. I ask questions, I’ll go out, travel these countries, I’ll watch how their people live, and I learn.”
67. “The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up.”
68. “You lose nothing when fighting for a cause … In my mind the losers are those who don’t have a cause they care about.”
69. “Even the greatest was once a beginner. Don’t be afraid to take that first step.”
70. “No one starts out on top. You have to work your way up.”
71. “Rest but never quit. Even the sun has a sinking spell each evening. But it always rises the next morning.”
72. “Others may know pleasure, but pleasure is not happiness. It has no more importance than a shadow following a man.”
73. “Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.”
74. “I don’t count my sit-ups; I only start counting when it starts hurting because they’re the only ones that count.”
75. “Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.”
76. “It isn’t the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it’s the pebble in your shoe.”
77. “Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they’ve been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It’s an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It’s a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.”
78. “I am the greatest. I said that even before I knew I was. I figured that if I said it enough, I would convince the world that I really was the greatest.”
79. “If they can make penicillin out of moldy bread, they can sure make something out of you.”
80. “I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.”
81. “It’s lack of faith that makes people afraid of meeting challenges, and I believed in myself.”
82. “He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.”
83. “The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.”
84. “Friendship … is not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything.”
85. “I know where I’m going and I know the truth, and I don’t have to be what you want me to be. I’m free to be what I want.”
86. “A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
87. “Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even.”
88. “Champions aren’t made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill.”
89. “What you are thinking is what you are becoming.”
90. “What keeps me going is goals.”
91. “My toughest fight was with my first wife.”
92. “My way of joking is to tell the truth. That’s the funniest joke in the world.”
93. “No one knows what to say in the loser’s locker room.”
94. “Old age is just a record of one’s whole life.”
95. “Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even.”
96. “Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you’re going to be right.”
97. “Age is whatever you think it is. You are as old as you think you are.”
98. “If they can make penicillin out of moldy bread, then they can sure make something out of you.”
99. “Silence is golden when you can’t think of a good answer.”
100.”It’s hard to be humble, when you’re as great as I am.”
These are 100 Muhammad Ali quotes that give meaning and learning about life and struggles and success for all of us that can be learned from.