Surrounded by a music-lover family, Nathan Evans already had a passion for music long before he even debuted as a singer.
Nathan has been doing self-practice in music for several years. This constant practice then led him into his later success in the music industry.
He then tried to post his performances in folk and pop music to his social media platform, TikTok.
In July 2020, he uploaded his very first traditional sea shanty entitled Leave Her Johnny.
He didn’t expect anything about the result, but in fact, he got more requests to post more sea shanties.
After that, Nathan then posted a video in December 2020, which is in that video he sang The Scotsman and also Wellerman, a 19th-century maritime song from New Zealand.
Again, he didn’t expect that his cover gonna blow up. In January 2021, Wellermann reached 8 million views on TikTok and gave him 1.3 million followers.
In the same year, Nathan then signed a contract with Polydor Records and made a release of his official version for Wellerman no longer after that.
Several months later, in May 2021, he finally made his first live performance in London and River Thames.
On June 25, 2021, Nathan released his second song, Told You So, followed by Ring Ding (A Scotsman’s Story) on October 8, 2021.
- Real Name: Nathan Evans
- Stage Name: Nathan Evans
- Nickname: –
- Birthday: December 19, 1994
- Birthplace: Airdrie, Scotland
- Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
- Nationality: Scottish
- Height: 178 cm (5’10”)
- Weight: 78 kg (171 lbs)
- Blood Type: –
- Religion: –
- Profession: Singer, Songwriter
- Education: Caldervale High School
- Hobbies: Watching Netflix, Playing games
- Parents: –
- Sibling: –
- Girlfriend: –
- Facebook: Nathan Evans Official
- Twitter: @NathanEvanss
- Instagram: @nathanevans.ig
- TikTok: @nathanevan
- YouTube: NathanEvanss Offciial
- Nathan once worked as a postal worker for Royal Mail in Airdrie.
- On Monday before he quit his previous job, he was getting emails and texts that made him think he couldn’t do singing and postal work at the same time.
- Nathan got his first guitar when he was just an 8-years-old boy.
- He was raised in Airdrie.
- When he was younger, his taste in music was rap music and punk rock, like Blink-182.
- Nathan’s father and mother had Van Morrison at that time.
- He said that the story and lyrics behind his song, The Sound of Silence, are so appealed to him because he can shut down his eyes and see everything from that song.
- He once joined a school choir when he was a boy.
- Nathan never joined a band before.
- His music is influenced by Ed Sheeran and Lewis Capaldi.
- His grandfather, mother, and father always listen to old folk songs of Scottish.
- He actually never really heard Wellerman until there was a comment on his social media that recommended him that song.
- For Nathan, doing a mail job during a pandemic is very difficult because the worker has to take sanitizer every time and put their mask on.
- But for him, doing a job as a postal officer was a perfect job for him, because he would go home at 3.30 p.m. so he had time to practice.
- In the future, he would like to buy a house and go house hunting.
- Some musicians that inspire him most are Van Morrison, The Corries, and Bob Dylan.
- Before he walks on stage a minute before, he usually will get full of excitement.
- After gigs, he usually has a beer and chills.
- A song that he wishes he’d written or recorded first is The Times They Are A-Changin by Bob Dylan.
- Three favorite albums of him are Plus by Ed Sheeran, Psychodrama by Dave, and Without Fear by Dermot Kennedy.
- He recommended a book to read entitled Ready Player One.
- Shutter Island movie is his movie recommendation.
- If he had an opportunity to have a film about his life, he would pick Steven Spielberg as the film director and Channing Tatum as the main actor.
- He loves to order salt and chili chicken, curry, sauce, and also fried rice if he is in a take-away restaurant.
- His podcast recommendation is Logan Paul’s Impaulsive.
- His ideal type is…
Nathan Evans’s hard work to be a folk musician really has to be praised. He always gives his best shot to his passion for music. No wonder he gains more followers on his own!