Priyanka Chopra started her career when she won the Miss World in 2000. After that, she started receiving offers to be an actress. Her film debut was in a Tamil film titled Thamizhan in 2002.
The next year, she made her Bollywood debut for The Hero: Love Story of a Spy. She also starred Andazz in the same year.
The movie brought her receiving a nomination for Best Supporting Actress in Filmfare Award. She continued becoming a successful Bollywood actress afterward.
She co-starred with other famous artists in India like Kareena Kapoor, Hrithik Roshan, Amitabh Bachchan, and Shah Rukh Khan.
Priyanka also explored different roles such as a supermodel in Fashion (2008) and a femme fatale in 7 Khoon Maaf (2011).
She won many Best Actress awards from reputable Indian film award ceremonies like National Film Award, Filmfare Award, and Screen Award.
She also expanded her acting career in America. In 2015, she was cast for the leading role in American TV series named Quantico.
This thriller series led her win Favorite Actress In A New TV Series from the 2016 People’s Choice Awards. She became the first South Asian woman who won this award.
- Full name: Priyanka Chopra Jonas
- Stage name: Priyanka Chopra
- Nickname: Pri
- Born: July 18, 1982 in Jamshedpur, Bihar, India
- Nationality: Indian
- Religion: Hindu
- Profession: Actress, Model
- Education: Army Public School in Bareilly
- Hobbies: Writing poems, photography, and reading
- Parents: Ashok Chopra (Father) and Madhu Chopra (Mother)
- Sibling: Siddharth Chopra
- Husband: Nick Jonas
- Instagram: @priyankachopra
- YouTube: Priyanka Chopra Official
- Facebook: @priyankachopra
- Twitter: @priyankachopra
- Her trademarks are full lips and a curvy body.
- Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge and Jerry Maguire are her favorite movies.
- She is a massive fan of Sarah Michelle Gellar.
- Meghan Markle and Sophie Turner are her friends.
- Because their parents worked as military physicians, she had to move to different places in India, such as Pune, Delhi, and Bareilly.
- In 2006, she was ranked at the number on UK magazine Eastern Eye as Asia’s Sexiest Woman.
- She turned down the lead role for Umrao Jaan and worked in Bluffmaster! instead.
- She was pointed as the national UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador in 2010.
- Along with Shah Rukh Khan and Shahid Kapoor, she performed in South Africa to celebrate the countries’ friendship.
- In 2011, she won the Best Actress on Critics Award for her role in 7 Khoon Maaf.
- She wrote an article published in The Guardian about child marriage and female genital mutilation in 2014.
- She also started writing for Elle on their monthly column titled Pret-a-Priyanka in 2014.
- In 2015, she made history by becoming the leading role in the American TV show, Quantico.
- She was the first Indian woman who became the global ambassador of Pantene.
- At the 2016 Academy Awards, she presented the award for Best Film Editing.
- She was honored by Variety with the Power of Women award in 2017.
- In 2016 and 2017, Forbes magazine listed her as one of the highest-paid actresses worldwide.
- In July 2018, the American actor Nick Jonas proposed to her.
- Then, they held extravagant wedding ceremonies for 3 days in December 2018. One of the receptions was held at Taj Umaid Bhawan Palace.
- Her ideal type is….
- Her net worth is around $70 million.
Pics of Priyanka Chopra
1. She wears a yellow shirt
2. She looks fabulous with the red Sari
3. Her side profile is lovely
4. No wonder her smile is one of her trademarks. It’s so pretty!
5. Her beauty is flawless
Priyanka Chopra is a role model! She is a beautiful and award-winning actress, but down to earth for people in need.