RM first tried to get into the music industry by auditioning for Big Deal Records in 2009. He failed his audition as he forgot all the lyrics.
But RM managed to exchange contact information with rapper Sleepy who later on mentioned RM to Big Hit Entertainment’s CEO.
The man from Seoul was offered a spot in the record label which he accepted immediately.
From 2010, he trained as a trainee for 3 years with future BTS members Suga and J-Hope. During this period, this K-pop star performed on five pre-debut tracks.
He had also shown his talent in songwriting early on. RM worked with girl group Glam as their songwriter. He even helped write their highly acclaimed debut single Party (XXO).
On June 2013, he finally made his debut with BTS. They released the debut single album 2 Cool 4 Skool.
This Virgo man got several writing credits in this album for songs such as We Are Bulletproof Pt.2, No More Dream, I Like It, and Outro: Circle Room Cypher.
This is only the beginning of RM songwriting journey as he would write more songs for other BTS albums.
The man born in 1994 first made his solo debut under BTS by performing in the intro of their first EP O!RUL8,2? He would made another solo performance for BTS first studio album Dark & Wild. The rap track was released under the Intro: What Am I to You?
RM had also made several collaborations troughout his career. On March 2015, he released P.D.D (Please Don’t Die), a collaboration track with rapper Warren G.
He had also worked with hip hop group MFBTY as a feature artist for the song Bucku Bucku. He even made appearance in the music video.
His other collaborations included Change with Rapper Wale, Champion Remix with Fall Out Boy, Timeless with Tiger JK, Crying Over You with Honne and BEKA.
Outside his project with BTS, RM has released two mix-tape called RM in 2015 and Mono in 2018. RM has 11 tracks all written by himself.
It featured many different topics throughout the tracks such as RM’s past in Voice and the idea that you’re you and I’m me in Do You.
His second mix-tape Mono features seven track, in which he got involved in all of them.
RM was praised for being able to lay down his insecurities on the track Tokyo and Seoul. The mix-tape was critically well received.
- Real Name: Kim Namjoon (김남준)
- Stage Name: RM (아르엠), Rap Monster (랩몬스터)
- Nickname: Rap Mon, Leader Mon, God of Destruction, The Destroyer
- Birthday: September 12, 1994
- Birthplace: Sangdo-dong, Seoul, South Korea
- Zodiac Sign: Virgo
- Nationality: South Korean
- Position: Rapper (BTS)
- Height: 181 cm (5’11″)
- Weight: 73,6 kg (162 lbs)
- Blood Type: A
- Religion: –
- Profession: Singer, Rapper, Songwriter, Producer
- Education: Apgujeong High School, Global Cyber University – Electronic engineering major
- Hobbies: Surfing the web, walking in a park, cycling, photography, mountain climbing
- Parents: –
- Sibling: 1 sister
- Girfriend: –
- RM’s Spotify List: RM’s Favorite Tracks
- Facebook: –
- Twitter: –
- Instagram: @rkive
- Tiktok: –
- Youtube: –
- RM was originally from Seoul, but he and his family moved to Ilsan, Gyeonggi-do when he was 4.
- His family consists of father, mother, and a younger sister.
- His younger sister is the same age as Jungkook but RM doesn’t want to introduce her to him.
- This BTS leader has a dog that he named Rap Mon.
- He studied languages in New Zealand for 4 months back in 2006.
- This K-pop star is currently studying at Global Cyber University.
- He has an IQ of 148 and was ranked in top 1% nationwide in his high school exams.
- The rapper learned English by watching TV Series Friends. Now he can speak English fluently.
- He got the score of 900 for his TOEIC test.
- RM supports the LGBTQ+ community.
- He is a very playful and relaxed person despite his image being tough and rough.
- The man born in 1994 is good at ice-skating.
- He was seen as a neat and quiet student before his debut.
- During his school year, he had started to write songs on his textbook.
- This Virgo man has some favorite foods such as meat and Kalguksu (Korean knife noodles).
- As far as role model goes, he idolizes Kanye West and A$AP Rocky.
- He revealed that 1 is his favorite number.
- The kind of weather he likes best is the clear one.
- Some of his favorite items are clothes, books, and computer.
- RM picks black, purple, and pink as his favorite colors.
- The color purple reminds him of his chilhood because he really liked the color as a kid.
- He gave himself a nicknam as Pink Mon because he likes pink.
- When he was young, he had a dream of becoming security guard.
- In 10 years, he wants to be a rich rapper.
- He likes to tease fellow BTS members by imitating them.
- RM would like to work with Jungkook for a sub-unit.
- He is close with GOT7 Jackson. He even said that Jackson s very handsome and really good at dancing.
- In high school, He and BTOB’s Il-hoon were classmates in the Design Club.
- This talented songwriter changed his stage name from Rap Monster to RM in 2017.
- He is ranked 79th on TC Candler The 100 Most Handsome Faces of 2018.
- His ideal date is something ordinary like college student date. He would like to go see a movie with his date then eating and walking together.
- RM’s ideal type is someone who has a sexy body and sexy brain. His dream girl should also be thoughtful and confident.
Pics of RM
1. The random pop of colors looks amazing on RM
2. He is looking warm and comfy under this soft light
3. The smile that could melt anyone’s heart
4. RM can also channel his bad boy side with this leather jacket and pushed back hair
5. His bright pink hair takes center stage in this all white photoshoot
RM is someone with a big dream who is ready to make it a reality. As the leader of BTS, he would surely make sure his fellow members also experience this success.