Tesher, a Canadian-Indian rising DJ, took his first step to be a musician without any excuses.
As a kid, when this good-looking DJ was a high school student, he decided to give his first shot into the music world by making some remixes.
Later, he then uploaded his remixes to some social media platforms, such as YouTube and also SoundCloud.
Tesher continuously posted his remixes onto his platform. From 2012 to 2014, Tesher then later started to be known for making some country remixes.
Two years later, in 2016, he made his official Bhangra mix entitled Kar Gayi Chull, an OST from a Bollywood movie, Kapoor and Sons.
Later, this remix was sung by Alia Bhatt for Femina Miss India in 2017.
Tesher continued to make some mashups, such as Back to Back by Drake with Delilah by Florence and the Machine, KMT by Drake with Look At Me by XXXTentacion, and 7 Rings from Ariana Grande.
In 2020, Tesher gained his popularity because one of his remixes in 2019, Old Town Road vs Ramta Jogi became a top hit on TikTok for the milk-drinking challenge.
In that year, he also made a release of his original song, Young Shahrukh, which he was also included in writing, producing, and performing.
Again, this single was a top hit for TikTok, Instagram, and YouTube.
Young Shahrukh later got the first position of BBC Asian Music Chart and 4th position on Billboard’s Top Triller Global Chart in July 2020.
Tesher then made a release of Yummy Jalebi in 2020, a remix between Yummy by Justin Bieber and his original new vocals. As predicted, that remix became very viral on TikTok.
One year later, in 2021, he finally signed with a label record, Capital Records.
In May 2021, he then released Jalebi Baby remix alongside Jason Derulo. Later, that remix got the third position on the Billboard World Digital Song Sales chart.
- Real Name: Hitesh Sharma
- Stage Name: Tesher
- Nickname: Tesher
- Birthday: September 19, 1995
- Birthplace: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
- Zodiac Sign: Virgo
- Nationality: Canadian
- Height: –
- Weight: –
- Blood Type: –
- Religion: Hinduism
- Profession: Singer, Rapper, Songwriter, Producer
- Education: –
- Hobbies: Travelling, Singing, Photography, Writing, Dancing
- Parents: –
- Sibling: –
- Girlfriend: –
- Facebook: Tesher Official
- Twitter: @TesherMusic
- Instagram: @tesherrrr
- TikTok: @tesher
- YouTube: Tesher Official
- Tesher comes from an Indian family.
- His parents are from Punjab.
- When he was younger, he often accompanied his father to some events and weddings.
- That opportunity develops his love for music.
- He learned how to DJ by himself.
- He loves the hip-hop music genre.
- One of Tesher’s dreams is to bring the music of South Asia into the mainstream in a big way and free from stereotypes.
- He described himself in 3 words as chak, de, and phattey.
- His family also loves music very much.
- When he was younger, his family always listen to and danced to Bollywood and also Bhangra music.
- He said that his music is an adaptation of himself, who is a blend of two cultures, Canadian and Indian.
- When writing lyrics, Tesher usually draws his own emotions and experiences.
- His lyrics in Young Shahrukh are referred to one of his life journeys when he had cash of $500 in case AMEX isn’t accepted.
- Tesher admitted that he often experienced writer’s block.
- To overcome writer’s block, Tesher usually will step back and take a rest, or maybe he will just freestyle about anything.
- His favorite musicians who inspire him so much are Drake, Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, and Anitta.
- He said that how Drake blends melody with bars are so incredible.
- Tesher has always listened to Anitta’s music for several years.
- He thought that Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan’s music can put the listener closer to God.
- In every song that he made, he always tries to emulate some euphoria.
- Some challenges that he has experienced as an artist are being stuck to find the right lyrics, struggles in mastering the record, stolen songs, and so on.
- Tesher said that he always appreciates every comment and compliment that he gets. Those make him motivated.
- He also likes Teddy Riley and Babyface.
- His tip to be a musician is to not wait for somebody to blow you up because when they come for you at the end, you’ll be ready.
- His ideal type is…
Tesher is really a unique musician and artist. He doesn’t hesitate to bring any mixed cultures on to the table.