Thomas Muller was born in Wellheim in Oberbayern, a small town in West Germany. As a kid, he played football when he was at school.
His first youth team was TSV Pähl. In which he scored more than 100 goals in a season by himself. It remarks that he has shown his talent in football since he was a kid.
His goal scorer status in TSV Pähl caught attention of Bayern Munich. And in 2000. When he was 11, he signed with Bayern Munich.
After spending some time with Bayern Munich’s youth team, he debut in the reserve team in 2008 in a match against SpVgg Unterhaching. On his first debut, he scored throughout the game.
He made his debut for the senior team in 2008, in a friendly match against Hamburger SV as a substitute for Miroslav Klose in the last minute.
He signed his first contract with the senior team in 2009 on a two year deal from the 2009-10 season. In the 2010-11 season, he signed his extension contract with Bayern Munich that stipulated he would stay with Bayern Munich until 2015.
He keeps scoring for Bayern Munich and brings the team to win the matches. Because of his performance, Bayern Munich kept extending his contract .
Aside from his club, he also represents his nation at various youth levels. He participated in German squad that began in 2004 when he represented U-16 team.
In 2009, he was called to represent U-21 team in a friendly match against Turkey. He was part of the German squad in the 2010 FIFA World Cup and became the top goal scorer in the tournament.
Thomas Muller was also part of the German squad when Germany won the 2014 World Cup and also became German squad in the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
- Real Name: Thomas Müller
- Stage Name: Thomas Müller
- Also Known As: –
- Nickname: Raumdeuter
- Birthday: September 13, 1989
- Birthplace: Weilheim in Oberbayern, West Germany
- Zodiac Sign: Virgo
- Nationality: German
- Height: 186 cm (6’1”)
- Weight: 76 kg (168 lbs)
- Blood Type: –
- Religion: Christian
- Profession: Professional Footballer
- Education: –
- Hobbies: Playing Golf
- Position: Forward/ Winger/ Attacking midfielder
Bayern Munich (2008 – );
Bayern Munich II (2008 – 2009)
- Parents: Gerhard Müller (Father), Klaudia Müller (Mother)
- Siblings: Simon Müller (Brother)
- Wife: Lisa Trede (Married 2009 – )
- Facebook: –
- Twitter: @esmuellert_
- Instagram: @esmuellert
- Tiktok: –
- Youtube: –
- Since he makes his senior debut, he has only played for Bayern Munich.
- Thomas Muller was a top goalscorer in the 2010 FIFA World Cup and second top goal scorer in the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
- He is best friend with fellow footballer Mesut Özil and Arjen Robben.
- He was declared the fifth best footballer in the world in 2014 by The Guardian.
- He’s been in a two year relationship with Lisa Trede before being married to her in 2009.
- His nickname Raumdeuter was given because of his ability to read the game in the right areas of the pitch and avoid defenders attention.
- He shares his love of animals along with her wife, who is an equestrian.
- He drives Audi S5, Audi Q5, Mercedes, and a BMW.
- The food that he loved was Leberkase sandwich.
- His brother is also a footballer who played as an attacking midfielder in TSV’s first team.
- He enjoys reading and has published one book about his career as a footballer to make reading enjoyable for kids.
- He likes to keep a low profile and prefers to spend quiet time with his wife.
- His main strength is his focus and a cool temperament even under pressure situations.
- He works for the charity YoungWings, an organization that is focused on helping young children who have suffered trauma and grief.
- He’s been in a steady relationship with Lisa Trede before marrying her in 2009 and keeps a low profile including about his personal type of woman.
- His net worth is around $55 million.
“I just try not to pretend to be something I’m not.”
“We are footballers, not artists.”
“Football is simple but very complicated.”
“I am not a guy who gets scared.”
“I try to be available for the fans, but sometimes when I’m with my family, wife, and friends, I try to protect my private life.”
“You have to adapt and find your niche, in terms of the type of player you can become, both on and off the pitch. I always knew I’d have no chance against a 1.90m, 90kg defender in a duel, so the key is to avoid these situations altogether. You have to pick your space and time.”
“When we’re up 1-0 after 88 minutes, I don’t sprint to the sidelines to take a throw-in – I expect that I and my team will be smart.”
“Usually, I’m a very positive guy. I try to think about the next chance, the next game, the next opportunity to play well.”
“There’s no club out there that is really a step up when you play for Bayern Munich. At most, you can join a club that acts at the same level.”
“There is no room for selfish behaviour at Bayern.”
“Whenever Germany lose or play badly, there are 1,000 reasons. And no matter how many questions there are, we will never make everyone happy.”
“You grow year after year with responsibility, and for me, it’s not important who has the armband but that everyone on the pitch gives the right signals.”
“The most important thing in Guardiola’s theory is to play football, and this always stays the same. The basic idea is always the same, but different opponents offer different space which you can use to play in.”
Thomas Muller has been with Bayern Munich since he debuted as a professional. He’s fond of Bayern Munich and found no other clubs appealing to him.