Yang Zi has started acting from very early age. In 1999 she made her acting debut. She starred in Ru Ci Chu Shan as Zhou Qiong. This actress was only seven years old at that time.
She began to rise to popularity in 2005. This Scorpion girl played Xia Xue in the sitcom Home with Kids.
The series got the number 1 rating back when it aired. Since then, Yang Zi has become a household name in the China film industry.
In 2008, this talented actress also turned into a singer. She released her first solo album Home with Snow.
The album was named after her character in Home with Kids. Later on, she would also be involved in various soundtracks for TV series.
Yang Zi began to shed her image of child actress with more grown up roles starting in 2009.
She successfully did so with her role in 2011 family drama Love Comes Knocking on the Door. In that series, she was playing a rebellious teenager.
As an adult, the woman from Beijing continued to tackle more amazing roles. In 2016, she starred in the critical acclaim show Ode to Joy.
She received massive recognition for her portrayal of Qiu Yingying, a small town girl with a simple mind.
Her next performance in Noble Aspirations was also recognized as one of her best.
The drama was a huge commercial success, receiving 23 billion views online. This resulted in even bigger rise of popularity for Yang Zi.
- Real Name: Yang Ni Ao (杨旎奥)
- Stage Name: Yang Zi (杨紫)
- Korean Name: Yang Ni Oh (양니오)
- Koran Stage Name: Yang Ja (양자)
- English name: Andy Yang
- Nickname: –
- Birthday: November 6, 1992
- Birthplace: Beijing, China
- Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
- Chinese Zodiac Sign: Monkey
- Nationality: Chinese
- Height: 167 cm (5’6’’)
- Weight: –
- Blood Type: A
- Religion: –
- Profession: Singer, Actress
- Education: Beijing Film Academy
- Hobbies: Singing, Playing guitar, Swimming, Dancing.
- Parents: –
- Sibling: –
- Boyfriend: –
- Facebook: –
- Twitter: –
- Instagram: @yangzi_official
- Tiktok: YangZi
- Youtube: –
- Weibo: 杨紫
- Sina Blog: Andy Is Me
- Yang Zi loves the color pink, violet, and blue best.
- She can play the guitar.
- She loves spending her time swimming and dancing.
- Audrey Hepburn is her favorite actress.
- She likes eating roast duck and also pizza.
- She loves the movie The Classic (假如爱有天意).
- Watermelon and durian are her most favorite fruits.
- She cheers herself up by eating hot pot.
- She lives by the motto of lead your own way and never mind what others say (走自己的路，让别人说去吧).
- This Actress sees her fans as loved ones who accompany her.
- She likes spending her time alone by tidying up, lying down, and also watching movies.
- She prefers love developing than love at first sight.
- Yang Zi is scared of sleeping alone because of her fear of monsters.
- For that reason, she bought a knife from Taobao to keep evil spirits away.
- She thinks that many people have unrealistic perceptions of actors.
- The girl from Beijing wanted to become an actress after watching the drama My Fair Princess starring her idol Zhao Wei.
- She advises people to follow their dream no matter what.
- When feeling down, she thinks of the words said by her teacher Mr. Zhang Hui that everyone is an artist and unique.
- This Actress doesn’t think much about people’s expectation and has decided to just be herself.
- She has some goals which are to be her real self, pursue her dream, and act in her favorite roles.
- She describes herself as lovable and wild.
- This Scorpio woman was in the same school as actor Li Xian.
- If she ended up in deserted island, she wanted to be with Doraemon.
- For Yang Zi, her most memorable drama is The Battle Of Changsha (战长沙).
- She wants a relationship where they support and understanding, where they can be a better version of themselves.
- Her ideal type is someone handsome, warm, honest, and kind.
Pics of Yang Zi
1. Yang Zi has great street style
2. She looks beautiful in light blue dress
3. The lighting makes her look so glamorous
4. A bit of close-up to see her youthful face
5. Yang Zi is as sweet as the flowers
Yang Zi has worked so hard in the entertainment and film industry since childhood. She definitely deserved all the fame and success.