Elizabeth “Liz” Gillies or also popular as Elizabeth Gillies, started to jump into the acting industry when she was just 12 years old in 2005.
In that year, she joined open casting calls which were located near her house. After joining the casting call, she directly appeared in a commercial for Virgin Mobile.
Liz started her first role in television for 3 episodes of The Black Donnellys (2007). But her parents didn’t allow her to watch the finished show because they thought it was not appropriate for her.
One year later, in 2008, she began to get more roles for The Clique, Locker 514, and also Harold. She also got a role as Lucy for a musical 13 with Ariana Grande.
Her kickstart happened when 13 entered Broadway, which made the musical become the first production of Broadway with the teenage cast.
Liz’s huge popularity began to rise when she became a player of Jade Wast in Victorious, a TV show by Nickelodeon, which was aired in 2010.
In that show, she also worked with Ariana Grande, her old partner in the musical 13.
In that show, she was also featured in some songs for its OST, such as Give It Up (ft. Ariana Grande), Take a Hint (ft. Victoria Justice), and You Don’t Know Me.
Because of her unique singing talents, this Leo queen then ventured her wings by dubbing for a Winx Club’s series character, Daphne.
She also took another part of that series by recording We Are Believix, the series’ OST.
In 2012, Liz started her acting career outside Nickelodeon, such as The Exes and White Collar. After working in Victorious for 4 seasons, she decided to take a break some time.
Two years later, this dog lover made an appearance for a horror movie called Animal (2014) and Killing Daddy (2014).
She then continued her acting career by appearing in Vacation (2015), Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll (2015), Dynasty (2017), and Arizona (2018).
- Real Name: Elizabeth Egan Gillies
- Stage Name: Elizabeth Liz Gillies / Elizabeth Gillies / Liz Gillies
- Nickname: Liz
- Birthday: July 26, 1993
- Birthplace: Haworth, New Jersey, United States
- Zodiac Sign: Leo
- Nationality: American
- Height: 170 cm (5’7″)
- Weight: 60 kg (132 lbs)
- Blood Type: –
- Religion: –
- Profession: Singer, Actress
- Education: Haworth Public School, Northern Valley Regional High School
- Hobbies: Drawing, Singing, Doing sport
- Parents: Dave Gillies (father), Lorrie Gillies (mother)
- Siblings: George Gillies (brother)
- Husband: Michael Corcoran (Married 2020)
- Facebook: Elizabeth Gillies Official
- Twitter: @LizGillies
- Instagram: @lizgillz
- TikTok: –
- YouTube: –
- Liz admitted that she actually has ancestry from Irish.
- She also has Italian descent from her own grandmother and great-grandmother.
- During Liz’s freshmen year, she had to leave high school to reach her dream in acting.
- Her wedding ceremony with Michael Corcoran was located in Chesterfield Township, New Jersey.
- She made a good friendship with Ariana Grande.
- Liz has a lot of food allergies.
- She is a vegan.
- Actually, she loves to eat anything she wants, but it’s restricted due to her allergies.
- She loves humor so much.
- Liz said that when going on a date with a guy, a good sense of humor is a must.
- She doesn’t like a guy who has an obnoxious chewing style.
- She doesn’t like mean girls.
- Liz always treats her people with a generous heart.
- She loves her character as Jade in Victorious because she said that Jade’s character is wonderful, sweet to her boyfriend, but still has some “bad girl vibes” a bit.
- Ballad is her favorite music genre.
- Many fans think that Liz is a hilarious person.
- Liz was once being brought by Ariana Grande on the stage in Grande’s 2019 concert.
- She loves to tweet some funny tweets on her Twitter.
- On Twitter, she also often retweets her fans’ tweets.
- She loves Halloween so much.
- She knows how to bake.
- She said that her sense of humor comes to her father.
- Liz is a dog person.
- In the morning, Liz usually eats a vegan muffin with agave and bananas.
- She passed her driving test on June 13, 2012, alongside Ariana Grande.
- Liz would like to play Diana for Alice Ripley Character in Next to Normal.
- She loves 70’s period.
- Liz’s favorite dessert is an apple pie made by her own grandmother.
- She would love to kiss Johnny Depp.
- She wants to have 2-3 three kids.
- She is really scared if she is getting stuck in a horrible elevator.
- Liz is actually double-jointed.
- She has never drunk a coffee on set.
- She likes llamas so much.
- Liz said that Avan Jogia is a flirt.
- Among the Victorious casts, she was the only one who has experienced a school prom.
- She is scared of wasps.
- Angel is Liz’s most favorite character from the musical Rent.
- Her father has a band.
- She would like to win an Oscar.
- Liz is able to play piano and also the keyboard.
- When she was a 10-years-old girl, she got her first kiss on-screen.
- She idolizes Jim Carrey.
- She loves pancakes so much.
- She doesn’t like fireworks.
- Her name, “Elizabeth”, has a meaning of perfection and fullness from God.
- She loves The Sims.
- She chooses tea than coffee.
- Compared to summer, she chooses winter.
- She loves American Psycho.
- Until she was 12, she used to put honey on top of chicken nuggets.
- She loves Pirate Radio so much.
- One of Liz’s favorite days is National Punctuation Day.
- Liz loves to listen to Joni Mitchell’s songs.
- Some of her favorite musicians are Billy Joel, The Beatles, Regina Spektor, Coldplay, Bob Dylan, and Ray Lamontagne.
- Liz loves to eat broccoli.
- She loves bunnies.
- When she was a kid, she loved to play a lot of sports.
- Drawing is her hidden talent.
- Her ideal type is a guy who has a good sense of humor.
Elizabeth ‘Liz’ Gillies might be popular as Nickelodeon star, but fans always see that she keeps improve her acting very well to expand her career outside Nickelodeon.