Hugh Jackman’s passion for acting began when he joined drama school. After his graduation performance, he got an offer to play Corelli, an Australian TV series.
Then, he joined a local Walt Disney production titled Beauty and the Beast in Melbourne.
In 1996, he joined the Royal National Theatre in London for a stage production called Oklahoma!. Since then, he had gained more international recognition.
However, his career milestone was when he played Wolverine in X-Men in 2000. The movie earned more than 200 million USD and it led him winning the Best Actor Saturn Award.
The next year, he starred in Kare & Leopold and received a nomination from Golden Globe as the Best Actor.
Even though he got more screen appearance, he was still involved in theater. He played Carousel (2002) and The Boy from Oz (2004).
The former brought him receiving a Tony Award and Drama Desk Award.
Hugh Jackman had starred many box offices throughout his career. Some of them are Christopher Nolan’s movie, The Prestige; Les Misérables; and The Greatest Showman.
He also won a ton of awards, including from Golden Globe Awards and Grammy Awards.
Read more: Ciara – Biography, Profile, Facts & Career
- Full name: Hugh Michael Jackman
- Stage name: Hugh Jackman
- Nickname: Jacko
- Born: October 12, 1968, in New South Wales, Australia
- Nationality: English, Australian
- Religion: Christian
- Profession: Actor, singer
- Education: Communications, University of Technology Sydney
- Hobbies: Skiing and windsurfing
- Parents: Christopher John Jackman (Father) and Grace McNeil (Mother)
- Sibling: Ralph Jackman, Sonya Jackman, Ian Jackman, Zoe Jackman
- Wife: Deborra-Lee Furness
- Facebook: @HughJackman
- Twitter: @RealHughJackman
- Instagram: @thehughjackman
- TikTok: –
- Youtube: –
- Hugh is known for his handsome features and deep voice.
- His favorite food is sushi.
- He likes reading Siddharta and Banker to the Poor.
- His go-to music band is Rolling Stones.
- Singin’ in the Rain is one of his best-loved movies.
- Nicole Kidman, Daniel Craig, and Kate Winslet are several of his friends.
- He is a massive fan of Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles (National Rugby League club).
- He does yoga and Transcendental Meditation practitioner.
- Jackman met Deborra-Lee Furness, his wife when working together for Correlli.
- In 1996, he married Furness but the couple suffered from miscarriages. Their children, Oscar and Ava were adopted.
- People magazine placed him in the 50 Most Beautiful People in the World for five years consecutively during 2000-2004.
- In 2004, Hugh received Broadway’s Tony Award as Best Actor (Musical) for his role in The Boy From Oz.
- He donated 50,000 USD to Charity:Water in 2009.
- Along with Daniel Craig, he raised more than 1,5 million USD for Broadway Cares.
- He built his production company named Seep Productions in 2005.
- Hugh built two cafés named the Laughing Man Coffee in Manhattan in 2011.
- This Logan actor was considered to play a role in Snow White and the Huntsman, but he turned it down. Yet, the role went to Chris Hemsworth.
- In 2013, Hugh was treated for skin cancer.
- Forbes magazine named him as one of the Celebrity 100 in 2014.
- In 2019, R.M. Wiliams, Australian clothing and footwear company, chose him as its brand ambassador.
1. His smile melts anyone’s hearts
2. Jackman is the boss!
3. He plays with his dogs
4. Hugh ages like a fine wine
5. He poses like the real hero!
Hugh Jackman always puts passion and heart into everything he does. Little wonder he becomes an A-list actor in Hollywood.