Hugh Jackman is an Australian model, actor, and singer who is known for his long-running role as Wolverine in the X-Men movie series.
Hugh Jackman’s passion for acting began when he joined drama school. After that, he finished his graduation performance, and he got an offer to play Corelli, an Australian TV series.
Then, he joined a local Walt Disney production titled Beauty and the Beast in Melbourne.
In 1996, he joined the Royal National Theatre in London for a stage production called Oklahoma!. Since then, he has gained more international recognition.
However, his career milestone was when he played Wolverine in X-Men in 2000. The movie earned more than 200 million USD, leading to him winning the Best Actor Saturn Award.
The following year, he starred in Kare & Leopold and received a nomination from Golden Globe as the Best Actor.
Even though he got more screen appearances, he was still involved in theater. In this case, he played Carousel (2002) and The Boy from Oz (2004). With this in mind, the former brought him receiving a Tony Award and Drama Desk Award.
Not only that, but Hugh Jackman has starred in many box offices throughout his career. Some of them are Christopher Nolan’s movies, The Prestige; Les Misérables; and The Greatest Showman.
Also, he won many awards, including from Golden Globe Awards and Grammy Awards.
Read more: Ciara – Biography, Profile, Facts & Career
- Full Name: Hugh Michael Jackman
- Stage Name: Hugh Jackman
- Nickname: Jacko
- Birthday: October 12, 1968,
- Birthplace: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Nationality: English, Australian
- Religion: Christian
- Profession: Actor, Singer, Model
- Education: Communications, University of Technology Sydney
- Hobbies: Skiing and Windsurfing
- Facebook: @HughJackman
- Twitter: @RealHughJackman
- Instagram: @thehughjackman
- TikTok: –
- Youtube: –
Height, Weight, & Physical Appearance
- Height: 188 cm (6’2”)
- Weight: 85 kg (187 lbs)
- Blood Type: –
- Hair Color: Dark Brown
- Eye Color: Light Brown
- Body Measurements: 43-33-16 (Chest-34, Waist-33, and Biceps-16 in inches)
- Shoe Size: 11 (US)
- Father: Christopher John Jackman
- Mother: Grace McNeil
- Brother: Ralph Jackman, Ian Jackman,
- Sister: Sonya Jackman, Zoe Jackman
Wife, Girlfriend, & Dating History
At first, Hugh met his wife for the first time on the set of the TV show Australia, Correlli, in 1994. In this case, Hugh is in a good relationship with Deb. Eventually, he confesses his feelings a night of time.
Four months later, Hugh felt very confident in their relationship and decided to get married in April 1996.
Afterward, they welcomed two children together with Deborra, a son Oscar and a daughter Ava.
His net worth is around $180 million. In this case, his wealth is earned from several jobs such as model, actor, and singer.
- Hugh is known for his handsome features and deep voice.
- Sushi is his favorite food.
- Also, he likes reading Siddharta and Banker to the Poor.
- His go-to music band is Rolling Stones.
- Singin’ in the Rain is one of his best-loved movies.
- Nicole Kidman, Daniel Craig, and Kate Winslet are several of his friends.
- He is a massive fan of the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles (National Rugby League club).
- Also, he does yoga and is a Transcendental Meditation practitioner.
- In addition, Jackman met Deborra-Lee Furness, his wife, when working together for Correlli.
- In 1996, he married Furness, but the couple suffered from miscarriages. Their children, Oscar and Ava, were adopted.
- People magazine placed him in the 50 Most Beautiful People in the World for five years consecutively during 2000-2004.
- In addition, Hugh received Broadway’s Tony Award for Best Actor (Musical) for his role in The Boy From Oz in 2004.
- He donated 50,000 USD to Charity: Water in 2009.
- Along with Daniel Craig, he raised more than 1,5 million USD for Broadway Cares.
- Also, He built his production company named Seep Productions in 2005.
- In addition, Hugh built two cafés named Laughing Man Coffee in Manhattan in 2011.
- Furthermore, this Logan actor was considered to play a role in Snow White and the Huntsman, but he turned it down. Yet, the part went to Chris Hemsworth.
- Hugh was treated for skin cancer in 2013
- In addition, Forbes magazine named him one of the Celebrity 100 in 2014.
- Moreover, R.M. Wiliams, Australian clothing and footwear company, chose him as its brand ambassador in 2019.
- His ideal type is…
Read more: Marshmello – Biography, Profile, Facts & Career
- The Son (2022), as Peter
- Reminiscence (2021), as Nick Bannister
- Free Guy (2021), as Masked Player in Alley’s Voices
- Bad Education (2019), as Frank Tassone
- Mission Link (2019), as Sir Lionel Frost’s Voices
- The Front Runner (2018), by Gary Hart
- Tourism Australia: Dundee – The Son of Legend Returns Home (2018), as The Prime Minister
- The Greatest Showman (2017), as P.T Barnum
- Logan (2017), as X-24
- X-Men: Apocalypse (2016), as Logan
- Eddie the Eagle (2015), as Bronson Peary
- Pan (2015), as Blackbeard
- Chappie (2015), as Vincent Moore
- X-Men: Days of Future Past (2015), s Logan
- Les Misérables (2012), as Jean Valjean
- X-Men: The Last Stand (2006), as Logan Wolverine
- The Prestige (2006), as Robert Angier
- X2: X-Men United (2003), as Logan
- X-Men (2000), as Logan
- Koala Man (Disney+|2023), as Big Greg’s Voices
- The Simpsons (FOX|2022), as Janitor’s Voices
- Human Resources (Netflix|2022), as Dante’s Voices
- Big Mouth (Netflix|2021), as Dick That Looks Like Hugh Jackman’s Voice
- The Princess Bride (Disney+|2019), as Prince Humperdinck
- Corelli (ABC TV|1994), as Kevin Jones
- The Boy from Oz (2004)
- Carousel (2002)
Music Video Appearances
- Baby, It’s You – Chantoozies (2014)
- 2018 Empire Awards – Best Actor
- 2017 Bambi Awards – Entertainment Award
- 2017 MTV Movie Awards – Best Movie Duo
- 2014 Slammy Awards – Raw Guest Star of the Year
- 2014 Empire Awards – Empire Icon Award
- 2012 People’s Choice Awards – Favorite
- 2006 Mo Awards – Australian Performer of the Year
- 2004 Mo Awards – Australian Showbusiness Ambassador
- 2004 Miscellaneous awards – Drama League Award for Distinguished Performance of the Year
- 2004 Outer Critics Circle Award – for Best Actor in a Musical
- 2004 Drama Desk Award – Outstanding Actor in a Musical
- 2003 Mo Awards – Australian Showbusiness Ambassador
- 2001 Saturn Award – Best Actor in a Film
- 1997 Mo Awards – Male Musical Theatre Performer of the Year
- 1996 Mo Awards – Male Musical Theatre Performer of the Year
- 2020 Emmy Award – Outstanding Lead Actor in a Limited Series or Movie
- 2015 Emmy Awards – Outstanding Special Class Program
- 2013 British Academy Film Awards – Best Actor in a Leading Role
- 2007 Helpmann Awards – Best Male in a Musical;
- 1998 Laurence Olivier Award – Best Actor in a Musical
“Finally something my family can be proud of.”
“People can stick pins in it, put in the freezer. It’s far more dangerous than a video game.”
“As a teenager I was explosively angry. I think rugby saved me because that’s just organized violence.”
“When I come home, my daughter will run to the door and give me a big hug, and everything that’s happened that day just melts away.”
“I’m a typical actor. Someone picks me up in the morning, they give me something to wear, tell me what to say, feed me and send me home.”
“Now I meet people with full-color Wolverine tattoos on their backs. Thank God I did okay, because I think if I handn’t, they’d spit on me in the street. – on his role of Wolverine.”
“I can look back on my life, where there have been moments where things might have gone the other way. Everything is like stepping stones, and I’ve seen people I admire falter. We’re all vulnerable.”
“Becoming a father, I think it inevitably changes your perspective of life. I don’t get nearly enough sleep. And the simplest things in life are completely satisfying. I find you don’t have to do as much, like you don’t go on as many outings.”
“When I came out of drama school I was like, ‘I’m going to do anything I can just to keep working’. In drama school you do Shakespeare to movement to circus skills to singing all in one morning. I know a lot of people hated it but I reveled in it. I loved it. It’s weird how it evolved.”
“Acting is something I love. It’s a great craft that I have a lot of respect for. But I don’t think it’s any greater challenge than teaching 8-year-olds or any other career. In my life, I try not to make it more important than it is and I just hope that rubs off on the people around me.”
Pics of Hugh Jackman
1. His smile melts anyone’s hearts
2. Jackman is the boss!
3. He plays with his dogs
4. Hugh ages like a fine wine
5. He poses like the real hero!
All in all, Hugh Jackman always puts passion and heart into everything he does. In this case, little wonder he becomes an A-list actor in Hollywood.