Growing up, Jake always loves performing in front of people and showing off his talents. That’s why he used to play football and also participated in school orchestra.
But he only started thinking of becoming an idol in 2017. This Scorpio man was inspired by BTS performance of DNA at the American Music Awards.
Jake decided to move from Australia to South Korea and attended BigHit Entertainment audition. He managed to pass and trained under the agency for around nine months.
Despite only having short amount of training, this singer was trusted to participate in the 2020 survival competition series I-Land.
He was one of the 23 contestants competing for a chance to debut in a group.
Only six trainees would be picked by the public and one picked by the producers would end up in the final line-up.
At the beginning of the show, Jake didn’t immediately stand out. But he had great improvement week by week and managed to reach the top.
He even helped other contestants with their dance for the final test. This really helped with his confidence.
At the end of the show, the man born in 2002 ended up with third most votes. This means, he had successfully became part of the new group ENHYPEN.
With six other members, Jake made his debut in November 2020. They released an EP titled Border: Day One and a lead single Given-Taken.
The EP peaked at number two on Gaon Album Chart and the Japanese Oricon Albums Chart.
ENHYPEN would continue on their successful debut with more releases. In March 2021, they release the EP Border: Carnival.
After that, they had their Japanese debut by releasing Border: Hakanai in July 2021. One of the tracks Forget Me Not became an opening song for the anime Re-Main.
- Real Name: Jake Sim (제이크 심)
- Stage Name: Jake (제이크)
- Korean Name: Sim Jae Yun (심재윤)
- Nickname: Sim Jake, Daeng, Jayla
- Birthday: November 15, 2002
- Birthplace: Seoul, South Korea
- Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
- Chinese Zodiac: Horse
- Nationality: Korean-Australian
- Position: –
- Solo Fandom Name: Jakeys
- Height: 176 cm (5’9″)
- Weight: –
- Blood Type: O
- Religion: –
- Profession: Singer
- Education: Dwight School Seoul.
- Hobbies: Playing with his dog, Listening to music, Shopping for clothes
- Parents: –
- Siblings: –
- Girlfriend: –
- Facebook: –
- Twitter: –
- Instagram: –
- Tiktok: –
- Youtube: –
- Jake moved from South Korea to Australia at young age.
- He doesn’t have any sibling.
- He was a smart student and even got on top of his math class.
- His family is wealthy.
- He is a cute but rather clumsy person.
- He has a cream border collie dog that he named Layla.
- The dog’s name is inspired by Eric Clapton’s song called Layla.
- On the first episode of I-Land, he performed Crown by TXT.
- He was seen as a very handsome man by other members when they first met.
- His personality is ISTJ.
- He thinks that his love for dogs is his charming point.
- He wants to collaborate with Drake.
- The words that can describe his charms are meongmeong and daengdaengmi.
- He used to play football with a position as striker.
- He likes to work out.
- This Singer used to play the violin for about four years.
- He can do imitation of dogs’ noise.
- He can also control his voice tone.
- This Idol really loves dogs and puppies.
- On his audition, Jake sang Love Yourself by Justin Bieber.
- He likes soda with grape flavor.
- He picks ivory and black as favorite colors.
- Physics and Math are his favorite subjects.
- He loves spring season best.
- He would love to chart on top of the Billboard charts.
- The name of ice cream flavor he likes is My Mom is an Alien.
- He wants to bring positive energy to other people.
- This K-pop Star wants to take his fellow members shopping.
- He described himself with the word perseverance, passion, and love.
- He lives by the motto to live with positive vibe and to work hard, play hard.
- His ideal type is…
Pics of Jake
1. Jake looks really sporty
2. He can pose like a model
3. His face is so intense and gorgeous
4. He looks so adorable playing the guitar
5. Jake can look good even in simple hoodie
Jake dared to take a risk in order to reach his dream as an artist. He never let his short amount of training be a problem to him. Jake will definitely continue to grow with ENHYPEN.