Jessica Alba is a globally recognized American actress. Her breakthrough career in acting happened when she starred in Dark Angel (2000–2006) series as Max Guevara, genetically engineered super-soldier.
Jessica Alba has been interested in acting since she was five years old. She won an acting competition in 1992 and signed with an agent.
In 1994, she got her first on-screen appearance in a film titled Camp Nowhere.
She also appeared in several series, including The Secret World of Alex Mack, Beverly Hills, 90210, and Brooklyn South in 1998. Her breakthrough was starring in James Cameron’s series, Dark Angel.
The role led her to win Choice Actress in the Teen Choice Award, Best Actress from Saturn Award, and a nomination from Golden Globe Awards.
Then, she got the main role in a film named Honey. Jessica also played in the crime film Sin City. Her next big film was Fantastic Four in 2005. There she played Invisible Woman.
Throughout her career, Jessica won many awards, such as Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards, Young Hollywood Awards, and ALMA Award.
- Full name: Jessica Marie Alba
- Stage name: Jessica Alba
- Nickname: Sky Angel, Albz
- Birthday: April 28, 1981
- Birthplace: Pomona, California, United States
- Zodiac sign: Taurus
- Nationality: American
- Religion: Christian
- Profession: Actress, businesswoman
- Education: Atlantic Theater Company Acting School
- Hobbies: Cooking and playing golf
- Facebook: @JessicaAlba
- Twitter: @jessicaalba
- Instagram: @jessicaalba
- TikTok: @jessicaalba
- YouTube: Jessica Alba Official
Height, Weight, & Physical Appearance
- Height: 169 cm (5’7″)
- Weight: 55 kg (121 lbs)
- Blood Type: –
- Hair Color: Brown
- Eye Color: Brown
- Body Measurements: 34-24-34 (Bust -34, Waist -24, and Hips -34 inches)
- Shoe Size: 8 (US)
- Dress Size: 2 (US)
- Father: Mark Alba
- Mother: Catherine Jensen
- Brother: Joshua Alba
- Sister: –
- Children: Honor Marie Warren, Haven Garner Warren, Hayes Alba Warren
Husband, Boyfriend, & Dating History
She began dating Michael, who’s her co-star in Dark Angel, when she’s 19 while he was 32.
He proposed to her on her 20th birthday. That being said, the engagement was called off in August 2003.
No reason behind the canceled engagement was ever revealed, but four years later, she opened up about the separation saying she didn’t why she got engaged and how her parents weren’t happy about it.
She reportedly dated Mark around 2003. However, neither of them has ever adressed the dating rumors.
It’s not really know when or why they chose to separate.
She met Cash, who’s a film producer, while filming Fantastic Four in 2004. The couple began dating shortly after.
The pair tied the knot in May 2008. Their family are blessed with three children, Honor, Haven, and Hayes.
She opened up about the relationship in September 2010 for an interview with Cosmopolitan, stating how she felt like she’s “known him forever” and going to “know him for the rest of my life.”
She is estimated to have around $100 million of net worth, in which she mainly earns income through acting works and business ventures.
Jessica has starred in numerous commercially successful and critically acclaimed films and television series.
According to media reports, she earns between $7 million and $15 million for her appearance for each movie project.
She co-established The Honest Company in 2011, which produces safe-oriented baby bath and body products, cleaning supplies, and other gears.
She reportedly owns 20% of the company. In 2014, the company saw a revenue of $150 million.
The company went public in May 2021, in which she owned 5.56 million of shares inlcuding options. As the public price debuted at $23, she has around $130 million of stakes by then.
In March 2022, the share price dropped to $5, which makes her total stakes worth approximately $25 million.
- Jessica is of European and Mexican ancestry.
- Steve Alba, the skateboarding legend, is Jessica’s cousin.
- On the back of her neck, she owns a tattoo of a daisy with a ladybug.
- She is scared of flying birds.
- She likes eating grilled chicken and salad.
- The Godfather and Casablanca are several of her favorite movies.
- Cameron Diaz, Shay Mitchell, and Nicole Richie are some of her friends.
- She is the 1Goal movement’s brand ambassador that provides education for children in Africa.
- Jessica was diagnosed with ADHD and asthma when she was a child.
- This actress graduated high school when she was 16.
- She was once snatched off of a set by a stranger and tied up in the trunk of the car.
- In 2001, Maxim magazine ranked her #1 on its Hot 100 Babe list.
- For Him magazine included her as one of its Sexiest Girls list in 2002.
- Jessica broke off his engagement with actor Michael Weatherly in 2003.
- In 2005, People magazine named her as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People.
- In 2006, E! Television ranked her #3 as one of the 101 Sexiest Celebrity Bodies.
- In the same year, Jessica appeared on Playboy magazine’s cover and was chosen as the Sex Star of the Year.
- She married a film producer named Cash Warren in 2008.
- In 2012, she launched a company for household products named The Honest Company.
- The next year, Jessica wrote a book titled The Honest Life and it became the New York Times bestseller list.
- Her ideal type is….
- Trigger Warning (2022), as Parker
- Killers Anonymous (2019), as Jade
- El Camino Christmas (2017), as Beth Flowers
- Mechanic: Resurrection (2016), as Gina
- Dear Eleanor (2016), as Daisy
- The Veil (2016), as Maggie Price
- Entourage (2015), as herself
- Barely Lethal (2015), as Victoria Knox
- Some Kind of Beautiful (2014), as Kate
- Stretch (2014), as Charlie
- Sin City: A Dame to Kill For (2014), as Nancy Callahan
- Machete Kills (2013), as Sartana
- Escape from Planet Earth (2013), as Lena (voice)
- C.O.D (2013), as Michelle
- Martin Scorsese Eats a Cookie (2012), as herself
- Spy Kids: All the Time in the World (2011), as Marissa Wilson
- Little Fockers (2010), as Andi Garcia
- An Invisible Sign (2010), as Mona Gray
- Machete (2010), as Special Agent Sartana Rivera, Marissa Rivera
- Valentine’s Day (2010), as Morley Clarkson
- The Killer Inside Me (2010), as Joyce Lakeland
- The Love Guru (2008), as Jane Bullard
- The Eye (2008), as Sydney Wells
- Awake (2007), as Sam Lockwood
- Meet Bill (2007), as Lucy
- Good Luck Chuck (2007), as Cam Wexler
- Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer (2007), as Susan Storm / Invisible Woman
- Knocked Up (2007), as herself
- The Ten (2007), as Liz Anne Blazer
- Into the Blue (2005), as Sam
- Fantastic Four (2005), as Susan Storm / Invisible Woman
- Sin City (2005), as Nancy Callahan
- Honey (2003), as Honey Daniels
- The Sleeping Dictionary (2003), as Selima
- Paranoid (2000), as Chloe
- Idle Hands (1999), as Molly
- Never Been Kissed (1999), as Kirsten Liosis
- U.N.K.S (1999), as Samantha Swoboda
- Venus Rising (1995), as Young Eve
- Camp Nowhere (1994), as Gail
- The Spoils of Babylon (IFC ⏐ 2014), as Dixie Melonworth
- Saturday Night Live (NBC ⏐ 2010), as Girlfriend
- The Office (NBC ⏐ 2009), as Sophie
- Rock Me, Baby (UPN ⏐ 2003), as herself
- MADtv (The CW ⏐ 2003), as Jessica Simpson
- Dark Angel (FOX ⏐ 2000–2002), as Max Guevara
- The Love Boat: The Next Wave (UPN ⏐ 1998), as Layla
- Beverly Hills, 90210 (FOX ⏐ 1998), as Leanne
- Brooklyn South (CBS ⏐ 1998), as Melissa Hauer
- ABC After School Specials (ABC ⏐ 1996), as Christy
- Chicago Hope (CBS ⏐ 1996), as Florie Hernandez
- Flipper (NBC ⏐ 1995–1998), as Maya Graham
- The Secret World of Alex Mack (Nickelodeon ⏐ 1994), as Jessica
“I don’t like being the center of attention.”
“My theory is that if you look confident you can pull off anything – even if you have no clue what you’re doing.”
“You have to be the best of whatever you are, but successful, cool actresses come in all shapes and sizes.”
“I don’t put weight on fame, and having people around me just because I am famous makes me feel really bad about myself.”
“There’s no such thing as a perfect guy. I think it would be strange if somebody was absolutely everything you always wanted, because then there’d be no challenge. Also, you’d feel inferior.”
“I wish there were two of me and 48-hour days so I could get everything done. But for me, I have to not try and think that everything has to be 100% perfect all the time and leave room for error. As long as my kids feel loved and a priority, everything really is secondary.”
“Everyone has an opinion of who you are and what your relationship is about, things that you’ve done or didn’t do in your relationship – and it’s just all crap, really. Things that are written about it are all crap.”
“Everyone in my family is an artist in some capacity whether they’re musicians, painters, or sculptors, so it’s in their blood.”
“When I do comedy, I lose all inhibition and introspection. I no longer care.”
“I’m all about supporting anyone whose art is also the way they make their living.”
“Living in L.A., everyone likes to mold you and change you. I don’t care about fame, I don’t care about being a celebrity. I know that’s part of the job, but I don’t feed into anyone’s idea of who I should be.”
“Every time I’d get a critique or some redirection, I’d always just take it very personally. Now I have no problem with it.”
Pics of Jessica Alba
1. Jessica’s age doesn’t define her beauty
2. Who cares if she is an A-list actress? Jessica cleans her house too!
3. Any tone of lipstick matches her appearance
4. The sparkling dress makes her look charming
5. Who can tell that she is over 30?
Jessica Alba has brought a critical influence on the film industry. She stars in many major successful films and contributes to the woman empowerment movement in the field.