Sam Smith started gaining popularity when they collaborated with Disclosure for Latch in 2012. It ranked #11 on the UK Singles Charts.
However, their career actually started when they launched singled in 2008 and 2009 titled Bad Day All Week and When It’s Alright.
After gaining fame, Sam launched a single named Lay Me Down in 2013. He were also featured on Naughty Boy’s single called La La La. Sam eventually launched their album named In the Lonely Hour in 2014.
It peaked at number two on the Billboard 200 and became the second bestselling album in the US after 1989 from Taylor Swift.
The next year, they won Top New Artist and Top Male Artist from Billboard Music Awards.
Sam also won 4 categories on Grammy Awards, including Best New Artist, Song of the Year, and Best Pop Vocal Album.
They have become a top-notch singer in the world. They had received prestigious awards from Academy Awards, BET Awards, and Golden Globe Awards.
They were also chosen to sing a soundtrack titled Writing’s on the Wall for the James Bond movie titled Spectre in 2015.
- Full name: Samuel Frederick Smith
- Stage name: Sam Smith
- Nickname: Sam
- Born: May 19, 1992 in England, UK
- Zodiac sign: Taurus
- Nationality: British
- Religion: Catholic
- Profession: Singer, songwriter
- Education: Clark High School
- Hobbies: Watching movies and writing songs
- Parents: Frederick Smith (Father) and Kate Cassidy (Mother)
- Sibling: Lily Smith, Mabel Smith
- Boyfriend: François Rocci
- Facebook: @samsmithworld
- Twitter: @samsmith
- Instagram: @samsmith
- TikTok: @samsmith
- YouTube: SAM SMITH
- His trademarks are singing multi-octave voice and his blue eyes.
- Sam’s biggest musical influences are Amy Winehouse and Adele.
- They becomes close friends with Ed Sheeran, Daisy Lowe, and Demi Lovato.
- This singer has struggled with OCD.
- Sam described themself as sensual, loud, and hungry.
- They likes tuna as their favorite pizza topping.
- Samuel has several tattoos. Two of them are an ice cream cone tattoo and a plane.
- Sam worked as a toilet cleaning service at a bar.
- When they started performing, Sam suffered from stage fright at first.
- Sam trained in jazz when they was a teenager.
- Their initial album named In The Lonely Hour was inspired by a one-sided love.
- Sam announced to the public that they is gay in 2014.
- In 2014, Sam won Favorite Pop/Rock Male Artist from American Music Awards.
- Sam dated a model and dancer named Jonathon Ziezel from 2014 to 2015.
- After that, they dated for several months in 2015.
- Forbes magazine named them in its 30 Under 30 – Music list in 2015.
- Balenciaga endorsed them on promotional content in 2015.
- In 2016, they was named in Forbes magazine’s 30 Under 30 – Europe – Hollywood & Entertainment list.
- Through Facebook, they raised £26,000 for War Child in 2018.
- Sam wrote Celine Dion’s song titled For The Lover That I Lost in 2020.
Pics of Sam Smith
1. Sam Smith’s performance is always breathtaking
2. They enjoys a drink with an amazing panorama
3. The black jacket looks good with the graphic white T-shirt
4. Sam wears a comfortable red sweater
5. The black heel is on-point!
Sam Smith is an award-winning singer who produces songs that reflect on their true self. They are one of the greatest artists in the industry!