Lee Young Ae started her career in 1991. Back then, she worked as a model. She made many appearances in various TV commercials.
In 1993, the woman from Seoul turned into acting. She made her debut in the TV series How’s Your Husband?.
She immediately got recognition for her acting and even won the Best New Actress award at SBS Drama Awards.
Following her debut, Young Ae got more roles in various TV series. Some of them are Dash (1994), West Palace (1995), and Papa (1996).
She also had her big screen debut in 1996 with the film Insyalla.
This actress began to grow in popularity starting in 2001. She got a critical acclaimed for her performance in the film Last Present.
In the same year, Young Ae also starred in One Fine Spring Day. For her brilliant performance, she won Best Actress award at the Busan Film Critics Awards.
This Aquarius woman gain even more recognition in 2003. She got a role in the drama Dae Jang Geum.
The series was a hit in across Asia. Young Ae soon became known as one of the top Hallyu (Korean Wave) star.
In 2005, this talented actress went on a hiatus. She then made a comeback in 2017 with the TV series Saimdang, Memoir of Colors.
She also returned to the big screen with the 2019 film Bring Me Home.
- Real Name: Lee Young Ae (이영애)
- Stage Name: Lee Young Ae
- Nickname: –
- Birthday: January 31, 1971
- Birthplace: Oksu-dong, Seongbuk-gu, Seoul, South Korea
- Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
- Nationality: Korean
- Height: 165 cm (5’5″)
- Weight: 48 kg (106 lbs)
- Blood Type: AB
- Religion: –
- Profession: Actress
- Education: Hanyang University, Chung Ang University
- Hobbies: –
- Parents: Lee Chung Seok (father), Yoon Taehwi (mother)
- Siblings: Lee Boo Shin (brother), Lee Woo Shin (brother)
- Husband: Jeong Ho Young (Married 2019)
- Children: Jeong Seung Kwon (son), Jeong Seung Bin (daughter)
- Facebook: –
- Twitter: –
- Instagram: @leeyoungae0824
- Tiktok: –
- Youtube: –
- Young Ae was given the Medal of Culture Merit from the South Korean government for being part of the Korean Wave.
- She is signed under Good People Entertainment.
- She has 2 brothers.
- This actress likes spending time swimming.
- She picks brown and pink as favorite colors.
- Other than Korean, she can also speak English and German.
- The woman from Seoul got married to a businessman Jeong Ho Young in 2009.
- From her marriage, she has pair of twins: son and daughter born in 2011.
- During her hiatus, she mostly spent time with her family at the countryside.
- Young Ae likes eating Chinese food.
- She has a bachelor degree in German Language and Literature.
- She also has a master degree in Theater and Film.
- This Aquarius woman became the first Korean actress to be a jury at Berlin international film festival.
- She is involved in many charities.
- She is known to have made a donation for Chosun First Middle School in Harbin.
- Another one, she donated for school to change its’ name to Lee Young-Ae Elementary School.
- She was part of the Gucci’s Chime for Change campaign.
- In 2012, she started her own business, selling organic and also eco-friend products for kids in Seoul.
- In 2015, Young Ae was given special envoy by UNESCO Korean Commission.
- She is the ambassador of the beauty brand Whoo.
- Her ideal type is…
Pics of Lee Young Ae
1. Young Ae always looks so glamorous
2. Simple make-up really fits her well
3. She is looking like a Goddess
4. Loving the calm and soft looks she has
5. Young Ae can make any outfits work
Lee Young Ae is one of the most talented actress in the industry. Her hard work since early days has brought her well-deserved success.