Lee Seung Gi entered the entertainment industry after being scouted by singer Lee Sun Hee. He then trained for about two years before debuting in 2004.
For his debut, this singer released the song Because You’re My Woman. The ballad was a huge hit in South Korea. He even won several Best Newcomer awards in various award shows.
Following his successful debut, Seung Gi would have many more hit releases. Some of his most popular ones are Will You Marry Me (2009), Return (2012), and The Ordinary Man (2020).
Other than being a popular singer, the man from Seoul also has a career in acting. He made his acting debut in the 2006 drama The Infamous Chil Sisters.
His popularity grew even more when he starred in Brilliant Legacy (2009). The series was a huge hit, gaining top rating throughout its runtime.
With this series, this actor further cemented his spot in the industry.
Seung Gi is also known for his work as a host. He started out by becoming the host of talk show Strong Heart in 2009.
He would then also be the host for Produce 48 (2018), Friday Joy Package, Hometown Flex (2020), and Loud (2021).
- Real Name: Lee Seung Gi (이승기)
- Stage Name: Lee Seung Gi
- Nickname: Ballad Prince, Triple Threat, Nation’s Umchina, Nation’s Little Brother
- Birthday: January 13, 1987
- Birthplace: Seongnam, Gyeonggi, South Korea
- Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
- Nationality: Korean
- Height: 182 cm (6’0″)
- Weight: 70 kg (154 lbs)
- Blood Type: B
- Religion: –
- Profession: Actor, Singer, Host
- Education: –
- Hobbies: –
- Parents: –
- Siblings: –
Lee Da In (May 2021 – 2023)
- Wife: Lee Da In (Married April 7, 2021 – )
- Facebook: –
- Twitter: –
- Instagram: @leeseunggi.official
- Tiktok: –
- Youtube: –
- Seung Gi grew up in Seoul.
- He has one younger sister.
- He was an excellent student.
- The actor loves playing football.
- He was in his school rock band.
- He can play the piano and guitar.
- The hit singer has his own one-man agency Human Made under Hook Entertainment.
- He is close with fellow actor Lee Seo Jin and also Jasper Liu.
- He has been dubbed as the Triple Threat for his successful career as a singer, actor, and host.
- His 2007 song Smile Boy was used as the commercial song for FIFA World Cup in South Korea.
- He became one of the torchbearers at 2012 London Summer Olympics.
- He was enlisted for military service on February 2016 and discharged on October 2017.
- Seung Gi is the youngest Daesang winner at 2018 SBS Entertainment Awards.
- He has been in Forbes Korea Power Celebrity list for multiple years.
- He can speak Korean, English, and Japanese.
- This host can’t cook.
- He is not very tech savvy.
- He used to bring guitar pick everywhere.
- His favorite baseball team is LG Twins Baseball Club.
- He is scared of ghost.
- He hates being tickled.
- His favorite football team is Real Madrid.
- He has high tolerance level of alcohol.
- He does not smoke.
- Seung Gi hates mosquitos.
- He looks up to Kang Hodong.
- He likes listening to his own songs.
- The man from Seoul doesn’t sleep naked.
- He enjoys playing mobile games.
- He likes collecting glasses.
- Eight is his favorite number.
- Growing up, he really liked Dragonball comic.
- He was in a relationship with Yoona from 2014 to 2015.
- Before debuting, Seung Gi has experienced dating in middle school and high school.
- Lee Seung Gi and Lee Da In were married in a private wedding ceremony Friday, April 7, 2023. The wedding was held at a Seoul hotel and comedian Yoo Jae Suk hosted the ceremony.
- His ideal type is someone who he can talk to and can make his heart flutter but also stable.
- He believes in love at first sight.
Pics of Lee Seung Gi
1. Seung Gi has the best smile
2. The maroon suit really looks good on him
3. He is also rocking this softer style
4. He has the perfect winter outfit
5. Seung Gi always looks classy
Lee Seung Gi is definitely one of the most talented individual in the entertainment industry. Without a doubt, he will be even bigger in the near future.