Matt Steffanina was self-taught to be a professional dancer during high school. He watched many music and dancing videos on YouTube.
After gaining more expertise, Matt taught in several dance classes in his hometown. He even became the head choreographer at the University of Virginia for its hip-hop dance crew.
Then, he moved to Los Angeles to pursue his entertainment career as a DJ and professional dancer in 2010.
He created a YouTube channel in September 2011. Since then, he has uploaded dancing videos.
His dreams came true when he appeared in various dancing shows, including The Amazing Race, So You Think You Can Dance, and Dance Showdown.
In 2017, he was interviewed by the Official World of Dance. Matt also appeared in The Ellen Show and The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.
The dancer has collaborated with famous global pop stars, including Chris Brown, Snoop Dogg, and Justin Bieber as a freestyle dancer.
He also choreographed the music videos of Jason Derulo, Fifth Harmony, and Jermaine Jackson. In 2020, he was nominated for the Streamy Awards for Dance category.
- Full name: Matthew Jeffery Steffanina
- Stage name: Matt Steffanina
- Nickname: Matt
- Born: October 20, 1986, Virginia, US
- Zodiac sign: Libra
- Nationality: American
- Height: 185 cm (6’1″)
- Weight: 85 kg (180 lbs)
- Blood Type: –
- Religion: Christian
- Profession Dancer, choreographer, internet personality
- Education: Clonlara School
- Hobbies: Dancing, snowboarding
- Parents: Jeff Steffanina (Father), Debbie Tuttle-Steffanina (Mother)
- Sibling: Sam Steffanina
- Girlfriend: Destiny Kaye
- Facebook: @MattSteff
- Twitter: @MattSteffanina
- Instagram: @mattsteffanina
- TikTok: @mattsteffanina
- YouTube: Matt Steffanina Official
- Matt has naturally light brown hair and blue eyes.
- He grew up as a competitive snowboarder.
- He owns an online dancing class named Online Dance Academy (DNCR) where he along with other dancers teaches people dancing.
- He looks up to dancers Marty Kudelka and Shane Sparks.
- He becomes a good friend of a film actress and dancer Megan Batoon.
- His favorite color is blue.
- This dancer defines himself as reliable, ambitious, and competitive.
- What Matt scares the most about traveling is language barriers.
- Meanwhile, what he is excited about traveling is food.
- He grew up collecting DVDs of Step Up and BDM behind the scenes.
- The defining moment when he knew he wanted to make dancing for a living was when he visited Los Angeles and visited the senior dancer Marty Kudelka’s class.
- After taking the dancing classes and going back home, he could not stop thinking about dancing.
- At that time, he did not know he could do it, but he wanted to try.
- After two months of thinking and preparing, he went back to Los Angeles.
- At the age of 21, Matt bought a house.
- In 2011, this dancer dated his fellow named Dana Alexa.
- The couple are the winners of a dancing competition named The Amazing Race.
- Yet, they broke up in 2016, after living together and being engaged.
- He started dating a dancer named Destiny Kaye in July 2019.
- His ideal type is…
Pics of Matt Steffanina
1. Matt wears a casual white T-shirt
2. Matt poses in front of his expensive black car
3. This dancer maestro looks cool with the yellow jacket and pants
4. Matt wears an all-grey outfit
5. The formal outfit makes him more charming
Now, the aspiring dancers look up to Matt Steffanina, as he gained huge success in the industry.