Matt Steffanina is a well-known American TikTok star, YouTube star, dancer, and choreographer. He’s famous for sharing dance-related video on his immensely popular YouTube channel.
He has worked with big names in Hollywood industry such as Chris Brown, Snoop Dog, and LMFAO.
He was self-taught to be a professional dancer during high school. He watched many music and dancing videos on YouTube.
After gaining more expertise, Matt taught in several dance classes in his hometown. He even became the head choreographer at the University of Virginia for its hip-hop dance crew.
Then, he moved to Los Angeles to pursue his entertainment career as a DJ and professional dancer in 2010.
He created a YouTube channel in September 2011. Since then, he has uploaded dancing videos.
His dreams came true when he appeared in various dancing shows, including The Amazing Race, So You Think You Can Dance, and Dance Showdown.
In 2017, he was interviewed by the Official World of Dance. Matt also appeared in The Ellen Show and The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.
The dancer has collaborated with famous global pop stars, including Chris Brown, Snoop Dogg, and Justin Bieber as a freestyle dancer.
He also choreographed the music videos of Jason Derulo, Fifth Harmony, and Jermaine Jackson. In 2020, he was nominated for the Streamy Awards for Dance category.
Read more: Marcus Olin – Biography, Profile, Facts, Family & Life Story
- Full name: Matthew Jeffery Steffanina
- Stage name: Matt Steffanina
- Nickname: Matt
- Born: October 20, 1986, Virginia, United States
- Zodiac sign: Libra
- Nationality: American
- Religion: Christian
- Profession Dancer, Choreographer, YouTube Star, TikTok Star
- Education: Clonlara School
- Hobbies: Dancing, snowboarding
- Facebook: @MattSteff
- Twitter: @MattSteffanina
- Instagram: @mattsteffanina
- TikTok: @mattsteffanina
- YouTube: Matt Steffanina Official
Height, Weight, & Physical Appearances
- Height: 185 cm (6’1″)
- Weight: 85 kg (180 lbs)
- Blood Type: –
- Hair Color: Black
- Eye Color: Blue
- Body Measurements: 42-32-16 (Bust -42, Waist -32, and Arms -16 inches)
- Shoe Size: 12 (US)
- Father: Jeff Steffanina
- Mother: Debbie Tuttle-Steffanina (Mother)
- Brother: –
- Sister: Sam Steffanina
Girlfriend & Dating History
Dana Boriello (Dana Alexa)
It’s not known when exactly Matt and Dana started dating. However, they were engged in May 2012.
In 2016, they became a team of Engaged Choreographers on The Amazing Race 28 and were the official winner of the show.
Unfortunately, they announced separation only months after winning the race. The reason in unknown, but it seems like they split up on good terms.
Destiny was featured for the first time on his Instagram account in July 2019. According to his one-year anniversary post in 2020, they made the relationship official during that time.
However, even before that, they have been mentioning each other’s account in Instagram posts. Their relationship is still going on.
As cited from various online sources, his net worth number ranges between $3 million to $5 million. Most of his income came from the revenue from his multiple social media accounts.
According to Social Blade’s estimation, he earns approximately $3.4 thousand to $54.4 thousand monthly or around $40.8 thousand to $652.7 thousand annually.
- Matt has naturally light brown hair and blue eyes.
- He grew up as a competitive snowboarder.
- He owns an online dancing class named Online Dance Academy (DNCR) where he along with other dancers teaches people dancing.
- He looks up to dancers Marty Kudelka and Shane Sparks.
- He becomes a good friend of a film actress and dancer Megan Batoon.
- His favorite color is blue.
- This dancer defines himself as reliable, ambitious, and competitive.
- What Matt scares the most about traveling is language barriers.
- Meanwhile, what he is excited about traveling is food.
- He grew up collecting DVDs of Step Up and BDM behind the scenes.
- The defining moment when he knew he wanted to make dancing for a living was when he visited Los Angeles and visited the senior dancer Marty Kudelka’s class.
- After taking the dancing classes and going back home, he could not stop thinking about dancing.
- At that time, he did not know he could do it, but he wanted to try.
- After two months of thinking and preparing, he went back to Los Angeles.
- At the age of 21, Matt bought a house.
- In 2011, this dancer dated his fellow named Dana Alexa.
- The couple are the winners of a dancing competition named The Amazing Race.
- Yet, they broke up in 2016, after living together and being engaged.
- He started dating a dancer named Destiny Kaye in July 2019.
- His ideal type is…
Read more: Maverick Baker – Biography, Profile, Facts, Family & Life Story
- Step Up: High Water (YouTube ⏐ 2018), as Doc
- Vlog Boizz (YouTube ⏐ 2018), as Fruity Dancer #1
Music Video Appearances
- Doin’ It Wrong (2019) – Brent Rivera
- Life Were a Dance Movie (2017) – Alysson Stoner
- Mi Gente (2017) – J. Balvin & Willy Williams (Steve Aoki Remix)
“My first inspiration was Usher — Everything he did always seemed effortless, I started gliding everywhere I went, always practicing the moves from his music videos. I can still see some of his style in my choreography today.”
“When I’m choreographing, it’s all about feeling and connecting to the music.”
“I’m a bit of a perfectionist so I like to keep working on a piece until it really feels right.”
“I was coming out to LA and just hoping that I didn’t starve or end up homeless, that was my main goal. If I booked a dance job along the way, that was icing on the cake.”
I’ve realized the most important thing is maintaining your passion for what you’re doing. If it starts to be about the views, you will fall out of love with dance.”
“Dance is something that brings people together — I might not be able to speak the language, but when I teach in China and I see people smiling learning the movement I know that they understand me.”
“There’s such an appreciation among dancers for each others styles, and it’s something that you can do at any age.”
“My goal right now is to make dance, and my style of hip hop, as available as possible to people that want to learn it.”
“Hip Hop is so much about confidence that even when the technique isn’t perfect you can still capture your audience with the right facial expressions & body language.”
Pics of Matt Steffanina
1. Matt wears a casual white T-shirt
2. Matt poses in front of his expensive black car
3. This dancer maestro looks cool with the yellow jacket and pants
4. Matt wears an all-grey outfit
5. The formal outfit makes him more charming
Now, the aspiring dancers look up to Matt Steffanina, as he gained huge success in the industry.