Ozuna is a singer from Puerto Rico whose songs are known throughout Latin America. He made his debut in 2012 with the single, Imaginando.
His professional career as a singer started in 2014 when the singer joined Golden Family Records. Under this records management, he started promoted his songs through YouTube channels.
In 2015 he promoted his songs by holding 300 shows across Puerto Rico. He also released his hit single Si Tu Marido No Te Quiere, which became an opening for his success as a musician.
His performance in a basketball game in Puerto Rico allowed him to meet Puerto Rican entrepreneur and talent manager Vicente Saavedra.
Under Saavedra’s VP Entertainment/DimeloVi management, Ozuna managed to soar his name in the Latin music industry.
In 2017, the singer released his first studio album, Odisea, with Sony Music Latin distribution.
As a result, he could hold a world tour that started in 25 cities in Atlanta and continued to Europe and Latin America tour.
In 2018 he released his second album, Aura, in collaboration with the world’s top singers such as Nicky Jam, Anuel AA, Cardi B, Romeo Santos, and Akon.
The album was a huge success and debuted at number seven on the US Billboard 200.
This Reggaeton legend made his most successful collaboration with DJ Snake, Cardi B, and Selena Gomez on the song Taki Taki, and this single catapulted him to fame.
His talent and good promotion strategy made Ozuna a considerable success, and he even got four Guinness World Records awards.
He doesn’t just stop there; Ozuna continues to work with a third album in 2019, then a collaboration single with Black Eyed Peas in 2020.
His efforts have led to success by occupying the top ten positions on the world music charts.
- Full Name: Juan Carlos Ozuna Rosado
- Stage Name: Ozuna
- Nickname: Ozuna
- Birthdate: March 13, 1992
- Birthplace: San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Zodiac Sign: Pisces
- Nationality: Puerto Rican
- Height: 165 cm (5’5″)
- Weight: 65 Kg (143 lbs)
- Blood Type: –
- Religion: Christian
- Profession: Singer, Rapper
- Education: –
- Parents: Yomary Rosado Marrero (Mother)
- Siblings: Jose Ginés Rosado, Yoidaliz Sarduy Rosado
- Wife: Taina Marie Meléndez
- Children: Sofía Ozuna Meléndez; Juan Andrés Ozuna Meléndez
- Facebook: @Ozuna
- Twitter: @ozuna
- Instagram: @ozuna
- TikTok: @ozuna
- YouTube:Ozuna Official
- Ozuna’s father worked as a dancer before fatally shot.
- He was three years old when his father died.
- His mother is not financially stable to raise him and give him to his grandmother.
- The young Ozuna grew up in a three-bedroom apartment above a bodega in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- His father figure was replaced by his uncle, Felix, who also taught him to the world of music.
- He is also close to his grandmother’s neighbor, Charlie, who also played a role in his growing up.
- Charlie now serves as Ozuna’s personal assistant and has Ozuna’s logo, a teddy bear tattooed on his calf.
- This hit-maker style of music was influenced by the traditional music he listened to when he was a kid.
- His uncle encouraged him to pursue a music career and gifted him his first microphone.
- This talented musician has been writing music since he was 12.
- His first appearance as a musician was when he worked at a local bar called El Corozal.
- J Oz was the first stage name he used at the beginning of his career.
- In 2010, he moved to Washington Heights, Manhattan, New York City, in the hope of improving his life.
- He learned to produce and promote his music, and he made promotions with a budget of under US$100.
- He moves back to Puerto Rico with his wife and kids. The hard life in Washington Heights didn’t suit him.
- This singer has a close relationship with his mother, though his paternal grandmother raised him.
- On New Year’s Eve 2019, he surprised his mom with a new house.
- Ozuna said he was blackmailed in 2019 by fellow musician Kevin Fret. He claimed to have an explicit video of Ozuna.
- He had given him $50,000 before finally choosing to report it to the FBI.
- Fret was shot and killed in 2019, but Ozuna wasn’t considered a suspect.
- This reggaeton legend was named one of Time 100’s Most Influential People in the world last year.
- He is also named as New King of Reggaeton.
- Bachata singer Romeo Santos is his favorite singer.
- He also admires salsa artist Frankie Ruiz.
- This Tiempo singer has avoided lyrics that explicitly objectify or disrespect women to respect his wife and daughter.
- He considers watches as valuable items and becomes a watch collector.
- In 2017, he started the charity organization Odisea Children.
- This famous singer said that he wants to save his money, and in a few years, return to living a more normal life with his family.
- In May 2021, the rapper visiting Dominican Republic’s presidential palace and meet President Luis Abinader.
- Ozuna took advantage of his visit to the presidential palace to urge young people to get vaccinated against covid-19
- His ideal type is…
Pics of Ozuna
1. Musically talented Ozuna wrote songs since the age of 12
2. In 2019, he received four categories of Guinness World Records awards
3. He managed to change his life from poverty into success
4. He is planning to return to living a more normal life with his family
5. He met President Luis Abinader and sent a message of urgency for young people to get vaccinated against covid-19.
His determination to get out of poverty makes Ozuna willing to work hard to achieve success. He didn’t waste his talent and honed it until it took him to the top of the music industry.