Rose Ayling-Ellis found her passion for acting in her childhood when she was at a filming event led by the National Deaf Children’s Society.
It was there when she met film director Ted Evans who later cast her in his award-winning short movie titled The End (2011).
She then proceeded to apply to Deafinitely Youth Theater before continuing her studies at the University for the Creative Arts and pursuing a degree in fashion design.
From that point forward, she started showing up on a few TV series such as Casualty (2017), Summer of Rockets (2019), and, her first breakthrough, EastEnders (2020).
In the TV series EastEnders (2020), she impacted the world forever as the soap’s very first deaf actress to play a deaf character who uses the means of British Sign Language to communicate with people.
Another breakthrough came when she competed in the TV show Strictly Come Dancing in 2021. She was the first ever deaf entertainer to participate in the show.
- Real Name: Rose Lucinda Ayling-Ellis
- Stage Names: Rose Ayling-Ellis
- Also Known as: –
- Nickname: Rose
- Birthday: November 17, 1994
- Birthplace: Folkestone & Hythe District, England, United Kingdom
- Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
- Nationality: British
- Height: 168 cm (5’6”)
- Weight: –
- Blood Type: –
- Religion: Christianity
- Profession: Actress
- Education: John Wallis Church of England Academy, Deafinitely Youth Theater, University for the Creative Arts (Fashion Design)
- Hobby: Acting
- Parents: Keith Ellis (Father), Donna Ellis (Mother)
- Sibling: Jacob Ellis (Brother)
- Boyfriend: Samuel Arnold (2014 – )
- Facebook: –
- Twitter: @roseaylingellis
- Instagram: @rose.a.e
- TikTok: @roseayling.ellis
- YouTube: –
- Rose likes soul music.
- She is a big fan of veteran actresses Dolly Parton and Stevie Wonder.
- Her mom once banned her from practicing the recorder at home.
- She likes traveling.
- Rose communicates with people using a mix of oral English and British Sign Language.
- She is close friends with her co-star in the TV series EastEnders (2020), Danny Dyer.
- Rose found crime dramas fascinating.
- She loves painting and collaging.
- Rose said if she were not an actress, she would be an artist.
- She usually eats posh crisps, be they cheese and onion or sweet chili, while watching television.
- Rose is a part of the deaf people community and is very proud of it.
- She is an ambitious person.
- Rose has always been logical and realistic ever since she was a kid.
- She did not really have a role model she could relate to growing up.
- Her ideal type is…
- Her net worth is around…
- Almost (2020), as Sarah
- Reverberations (2018), as Josephine
- The Quiet Ones (2015), as Charlotte
- The End (2011), as Sophia
- Strictly Come Dancing: It Takes Two (BBC One | 2021), as self
- EastEnders (BBC One | 2020), as Frankie Lewis
- Summer of Rockets (BBC Two | 2019), as Esther
- Casualty (BBC One | 2017), as Bianca Sinclair
- CBeebies Bedtime Story (CBeebies | 2022), as a guest
- See Hear (BBC | 2021), as a guest
- The National Television Awards 2021 (ITV | 2021), as a guest
- The Last Leg (Channel 4 | 2021), as a guest
- Strictly Come Dancing (BBC One | 2021), as a contestant
- The One Show (BBC One | 2021), as a guest
Music Video Appearances
- Middle of the Night (2017) – The Vamps & Martin Jensen
- 2022 Visionary Honours – Inspirational Person of the Year – Rose Ayling-Ellis
- 2021 Heat Unmissables Awards – TV Moment of the Year – Strictly Come Dancing
- 2021 National Television Awards – Newcomer – EastEnders
- 2021 Digital Spy Reader Awards – Best Soap Newcomer – EastEnders
Rose Ayling-Ellis is living proof that deaf people can achieve just as much as others do. It is no wonder that she gets looked up to a lot by the younger generation.