Sana always has a dream to become a K-pop idol, even when she was just a child. She wanted to be as inspirational as Girls’ Generation and that made her striving for her dream.
Initially, she did her first training in Osaka with EXPG in 2009 to be a Japanese singer.
When she was just a middle school student, there was a JYP’s talent scout that discovered her at a shopping court with her friends.
Sana then was being invited to be a participant in the annual JYP Entertainment’s audition in Japan. Fortunately, she successfully passed that audition and became a JYP trainee in April 2012.
This girl then began her training program in South Korea for more than 3 years. Initially, she was planned to be a member of a new girl group of JYP, but the group never debuted.
She became a participant for Sixteen, a survival show created by JYP x Mnet to create a new girl group in 2015.
Because of her charm and talents, she successfully impressed all the audiences and judges.
As a consequence of her works, she became a winning group member, TWICE.
Sana then made her first debut alongside TWICE by releasing the song Like Ooh Ahh, the lead single from EP The Story Begins in October 2015.
- Real Name: Minatozaki Sana (湊崎 紗夏)
- Stage Name: Sana (사나)
- Nickname: Sana, Sandarella, Sanaconda, Sanake, Squirrel
- Birthday: December 29, 1996
- Birthplace: Tennōji-ku, Osaka, Japan
- Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
- Nationality: Japanese
- Position: Sub Vocalist, Main Rapper (TWICE)
- Height: 168 cm (5’6″)
- Weight: 47 kg (104 lbs)
- Blood Type: B
- Religion: –
- Profession: Singer
- Education: –
- Hobbies: Collecting body mist and perfumes, Shopping
- Parents: –
- Sibling: –
- Boyfriend: –
- Facebook: –
- Twitter: –
- Instagram: –
- Tiktok: –
- YouTube: –
- Sana’s MBTI type is ENFP-T.
- In her family, she is the only child.
- She got the cast when she was doing fun shopping alongside Sana’s friends.
- Sana successfully passed her audition in 2012.
- She made an appearance for JY Park’s music video titled Fire alongside TWICE members.
- Purple is Sana’s representative color.
- She is very good at making calligraphy.
- Sana learned calligraphy when she was just a primary school student.
- She is very optimistic, but she’s clumsy.
- She has a lot of favorite colors, such as white, beige, black, and pink. Unfortunately, she feels like purple clothing isn’t her favorite.
- Sana is a close friend of Miyeon from (G)I-DLE
- 12 is Sana’s favorite number according to Sana’s birthday in the 12th month.
- She once made an appearance in some music videos, such as A from GOT7, Feel from Junho, and Candy (Japanese) from Junho.
- According to The Most Beautiful Faces by TC Candler, she got 46th place in 2018, 48th place in 2019, and 29th place in 2020.
- Sana is scared of thunders.
- In terms of food, Sana really loves yogurt smoothies and spicy foods.
- She doesn’t like eggplants and beans.
- Sana has allergic towards pollen.
- She doesn’t like to be alone.
- When she is in her bed, she really enjoys it.
- She often does some stretching in the bed.
- She always screams whenever she watches horror movies, but she loves it.
- Her favorite movie is A Litre of Tears that always makes her cry.
- She would do some stretching if she isn’t able to sleep.
- Eunha from GFRIEND is her close friend.
- She is also a close friend of U from ONF.
- She said that her pupils are her source of confidence.
- She can do a knot untangling.
- She got a scar from a doenjangjjigae bowl when she went to eat with Mina and Momo.
- This idol became a MC for Idol Star Athletics Championship in 2019.
- Sana shares a room with Jihyo, Nayeon, and Mina.
- She said that her ideal type is someone who can treat her parents very well, a hard worker, and professional.
Pics of Sana
1. Our Sana is very lovely with her pouty lips
2. She is a truly femme fatale that steals our heart
3. The costume and hair-do match her personality very well
4. Hello everyone, our goddess is here
5. Nobody can look like this beautiful like Sana
Our Sana always wins our hearts with her charm, talents, beauty, and personality. She is also a very good person who’s worth being idolized for. We’re very proud of you, Sana!