Sofia Carson has a long journey during her entertainment career, started in 2012 when she became a singer-songwriter and signed with BMI.
Two years later, Sofia debuted as an actress when she became a cameo for a Disney Channel series, Austin & Ally (2014) as Chelsea.
In the same year, she also got a recurring character as Soleil for Faking It, an MTV series.
She also began her popularity by starring in Descendants (2014) as Evie, the Evil Queen’s daughter from Snow White.
Sofia continued her career in acting by becoming a co-lead role for Adventures in Babysitting (2015).
In 2016, she came back to her music career, by releasing her debut single called Love Is the Name on April 8, 2016. She also appeared in A Cinderella Story: If the Shoe Fits as a leading role.
Sofia gained her popularity again by releasing a single titled Back to Beautiful on January 27, 2017, together with Alan Walker.
In 2017, she also came back appearing as Evie for Descendants 2 and gave her a nomination as Best Supporting Actress for Imagen Award.
One year later, in 2018, she then starred in Pretty Little Liars: The Perfectionists.
She also became a featured singer for Rumors by R3hab, Different World by Alan Walker, and San Fransisco by Galantis.
In 2019, Sofia appeared again in Descendants 3 as Evie. One year later, in 2020. she was a cast of Songbird and played a role as Sara.
Even though the pandemic hits 2020 hardly, Sofia didn’t stop her career. In that year, she also became a global ambassador of Revlon and launched her collection with that beauty brand.
- Real Name: Sofía Daccarett Char
- Stage Name: Sofia Carson
- Nickname: Sofia
- Birthday: April 10, 1993
- Birthplace: Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
- Zodiac Sign: Aries
- Nationality: American
- Height: 163 cm (5’4″)
- Weight: 51 kg (112 lbs)
- Blood Type: –
- Religion: –
- Profession: Singer, Actress
- Education: St. Hugh School, Carrollton School of the Sacred Heart, University of California Los Angeles (Majored in Broadcast Journalism)
- Hobbies: Watching Netflix, Go to the movies, Staying at home, Reading a book
- Parents: Laura Char Carson (mother), José F. Daccarett (father)
- Siblings: Paulina Char (sister)
- Boyfriend: –
- Facebook: Sofia Carson Official
- Twitter: @SofiaCarson
- Instagram: @sofiacarson
- TikTok: @sofiacarson
- YouTube: Sofia Carson Official
- Sofia’s family moved from Colombia to Florida when she was a young girl.
- Her stage name, “Carson”, was inspired by her maternal grandmother’s name, Lauraine Carson.
- Sofia has a descent of Char family, politicians of Colombian.
- She once became a part of In Motion Dance Studio and joined the IMPAC Youth Ensemble program.
- Sofia’s favorite music genre is pop music.
- She idolizes artists who can tell their stories through their own music.
- Her modern musician role models are Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran.
- Sofia also loves Michael Jackson and The Beatles.
- Sofia is really a stylish person.
- She has a sweet personality.
- Sofia is able to speak English, French, and Spanish fluently.
- She directly becomes a best friend of Sabrina Carpenter since they acted together in Further Adventures in Babysitting (2016).
- Sofia once wore a pantsuit to the 2015 Radio Disney Music Awards.
- Initially, she wanted to wear a beautiful dress, but on the set, she scraped her knee.
- She made a good friendship with Dave Cameron.
- She is also a good friend of Becky G and Fifth Harmony.
- Sofia idolizes Ross Lynch so much.
- Initially, Sofia auditioned for Audrey’s role for her project in Descendants.
- But the producer told her that she was more suitable to play the role of Evie, which initially made her disappointed.
- Sofia said that Descendants was very magical to her.
- She also added that working with the Descendants team was very surreal.
- Sofia is a homebody person.
- When she is not performing on stage or on screen, she would like to live her life simple, like boring life.
- She loves to spend time with her sister.
- She lives together with her sister.
- Sofia idolizes several Hollywood celebrities, such as Cher, Barbra Streisand, and also Jennifer Lopez.
- She said that she wanted to wear a wig every day depending on her moods, like Cher.
- She loves to read a book when she was just a child.
- She admitted that when she was younger, she was unfashionable.
- She always loves classic, timeless, and feminine fashion styles.
- Jackie O’Kennedy and Audrey Hepburn are her biggest style icons.
- Her fashion style changes from pastel dresses to more vibrant colors.
- Her celebrity crush is Andrew Garfield.
- Sofia is an ambassador of UNICEF.
- She was bullied in her childhood.
- She admitted that she was a nerd.
- When she was a child, she already loved Beauty and the Beast and really inspired by the yellow dress of Belle.
- She already took vocal lessons and several dance training, such as ballet, jazz, and so on.
- She would like to collaborate with Bruno Mars and Ed Sheeran.
- Her ideal type is…
- Her net worth is around $6 million.
Sofia Carson filled her life with exciting things, joy, and productivity. No matter how hard the condition is, she always keeps going.