Sofia Carson is an American actress and singer. She debuted with Austin & Ally (2014) by taking a guest role and started to gain recognition by appearing in Descendants (2015) and its sequel as Evil Queen.
As a singer, she debuted in 2015 with Descendants soundtrack album and debuted as a solo artist by releasing Love Is the Name (2016) after signed to Hollywood Record.
Sofia Carson has a long journey throughout her entertainment career, started in 2012 when she became a singer-songwriter and signed with BMI.
Two years later, Sofia debuted as an actress when she became a cameo for a Disney Channel series, Austin & Ally (2014) as Chelsea.
In the same year, she also got a recurring character as Soleil for Faking It, an MTV series.
She also began her popularity by starring in Descendants (2014) as Evie, the Evil Queen’s daughter from Snow White.
Sofia continued her career in acting by becoming a co-lead role for Adventures in Babysitting (2015).
In 2016, she came back to her music career, by releasing her debut single called Love Is the Name on April 8, 2016. She also appeared in A Cinderella Story: If the Shoe Fits as a leading role.
Sofia gained her popularity again by releasing a single titled Back to Beautiful on January 27, 2017, together with Alan Walker.
In 2017, Sofia Carson also came back appearing as Evie for Descendants 2 and gave her a nomination as Best Supporting Actress for Imagen Award.
One year later, in 2018, she then starred in Pretty Little Liars: The Perfectionists.
She also became a featured singer for Rumors by R3hab, Different World by Alan Walker, and San Fransisco by Galantis.
In 2019, Sofia appeared again in Descendants 3 as Evie. One year later, in 2020. she was a cast of Songbird and played a role as Sara.
Even though the pandemic hits 2020 hardly, Sofia didn’t stop her career. In that year, she also became a global ambassador of Revlon and launched her collection with that beauty brand.
- Real Name: Sofía Daccarett Char
- Stage Name: Sofia Carson
- Nickname: Sofia
- Birthday: April 10, 1993
- Birthplace: Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
- Zodiac Sign: Aries
- Nationality: American
- Religion: –
- Profession: Singer, Actress
- Education: St. Hugh School, Carrollton School of the Sacred Heart, University of California Los Angeles (Majored in Broadcast Journalism)
- Hobbies: Watching Netflix, Go to the movies, Staying at home, Reading a book
- Facebook: Sofia Carson Official
- Twitter: @SofiaCarson
- Instagram: @sofiacarson
- TikTok: @sofiacarson
- YouTube: Sofia Carson Official
Height, Weight, & Physical Appearance
- Height: 163 cm (5’4″)
- Weight: 51 kg (112 lbs)
- Blood Type: –
- Hair Color: Brown
- Eye Color: Hazel
- Body Measurements: 33-24-36 (Bust -33, Waist -24, and Hips -36 inches)
- Shoe Size: 8 (US)
- Dress Size: 4 (US)
- Father: José F. Daccarett
- Mother: Laura Char Carson
- Brother: –
- Sister: Paulina Char
Boyfriend & Dating History
Manolo Gonzalez Vergara
She has been romantically linked to Manolo, who’s the Modern Family actor and son of Sofia Vergara, throughout her career.
Neither of them has ever addressed the rumors. However, fans believed they have special relationship ever since she posted a photo of them cuddling up together in December 2016.
The dating rumors surfaced again around February 2018, as she was seen held by him while doing squats in a snippet uploaded to social media.
According to various online sources, she’s estimated to own $6 million of net worth. She possibly earns most of her income through her career as a professional actress.
As reported by media, she’s rumored to get paid around $250 thousand per movie for her appearance in Descendants as the daughter of Evil Queen.
- Sofia’s family moved from Colombia to Florida when she was a young girl.
- Her stage name, “Carson”, was inspired by her maternal grandmother’s name, Lauraine Carson.
- Sofia has a descent of Char family, politicians of Colombian.
- She once became a part of In Motion Dance Studio and joined the IMPAC Youth Ensemble program.
- Sofia’s favorite music genre is pop music.
- She idolizes artists who can tell their stories through their own music.
- Her modern musician role models are Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran.
- Sofia also loves Michael Jackson and The Beatles.
- Sofia is really a stylish person.
- She has a sweet personality.
- Sofia is able to speak English, French, and Spanish fluently.
- She directly becomes a best friend of Sabrina Carpenter since they acted together in Further Adventures in Babysitting (2016).
- Sofia once wore a pantsuit to the 2015 Radio Disney Music Awards.
- Initially, she wanted to wear a beautiful dress, but on the set, she scraped her knee.
- She made a good friendship with Dave Cameron.
- She is also a good friend of Becky G and Fifth Harmony.
- Sofia idolizes Ross Lynch so much.
- Initially, Sofia auditioned for Audrey’s role for her project in Descendants.
- But the producer told her that she was more suitable to play the role of Evie, which initially made her disappointed.
- Sofia said that Descendants was very magical to her.
- She also added that working with the Descendants team was very surreal.
- Sofia is a homebody person.
- When she is not performing on stage or on screen, she would like to live her life simple, like boring life.
- She loves to spend time with her sister.
- She lives together with her sister.
- Sofia idolizes several Hollywood celebrities, such as Cher, Barbra Streisand, and also Jennifer Lopez.
- She said that she wanted to wear a wig every day depending on her moods, like Cher.
- She loves to read a book when she was just a child.
- She admitted that when she was younger, she was unfashionable.
- She always loves classic, timeless, and feminine fashion styles.
- Jackie O’Kennedy and Audrey Hepburn are her biggest style icons.
- Her fashion style changes from pastel dresses to more vibrant colors.
- Her celebrity crush is Andrew Garfield.
- Sofia is an ambassador of UNICEF.
- She was bullied in her childhood.
- She admitted that she was a nerd.
- When she was a child, she already loved Beauty and the Beast and really inspired by the yellow dress of Belle.
- She already took vocal lessons and several dance training, such as ballet, jazz, and more.
- She would like to collaborate with Bruno Mars and Ed Sheeran.
- Her ideal type is…
- Carry-On (2023), as TBA
- Purple Hearts (2022), as Cassie Salazar
- If You Have (2022), as herself
- My Little Pony: A New Generation (2021), as Pipp Petals (voice)
- Songbird (2020), as Sara
- Feel the Beat (2020), as April Dibrina
- A Cinderella Story: If the Shoe Fits (2016), as Tesse / Bella
- Tini: The Movie (2016), as Melanie
- Descendants: The Royal Wedding (Disney Channel ⏐ 2021), as Evie
- Elena of Avalor (Disney Channel ⏐ 2020), as Maliga (voice)
- Descendants 3 (Disney Channel ⏐ 2019), as Evie
- Pretty Little Liars: The Perfectionists (Freeform⏐ 2019), as Ava Jalali
- Famous in Love (Freeform ⏐ 2018), as Sloane
- Spider-Man (Disney XD ⏐ 2017), as Keemia Marko / Sandgirl (voice)
- Descendants 2 (Disney Channel ⏐ 2017), as Evie
- Adventures in Babysitting (Disney Channel ⏐ 2016), as Lola Perez
- Descendants: Wicked World (Disney Channel ⏐ 2015–2017), as Evie
- Descendants (Disney Channel ⏐ 2015), as Evie
- Faking It (MTV ⏐ 2014), as Soleil
- Austin & Ally (Disney Channel ⏐ 2014), as Chelsea
- Group Chat (Nickelodeon ⏐ 2020), as herself
- The Disney Family Singalong (ABC ⏐ 2020), as herself
- Celebrity Family Feud (ABC ⏐ 2019), as herself
- Walk the Prank (Disney XD ⏐ 2016), as herself
- Soy Luna (Disney Channel Latin America ⏐ 2016,2018), as herself
“When I was 18, I moved to Los Angeles to attend UCLA.”
“I always wanted to make a pop record. I’m a dancer myself, so I want to make something that people listen to and just want to dance to.”
“I took vocal lessons all through my childhood and still do. I was classically trained.”
“I always loved Belle from ‘Beauty and the Beast’. I always thought I looked like her, so I dressed like her for every Halloween.”
“My family is everything. They love me unconditionally.”
“These are really exciting, but yet really polarizing times right now in our country and in the world. We see that reflected in gun violence and violence in general. And I hope — I see that with people that are in this room — this young generation has become so empowered … I really hope for peace. I think that’s what the world needs more than anything right now is just to stop seeing color, race, gender — all these things are diving our country and just using our voices, voting, and coming together.”
“The first “Descendants” was my first movie. It changed my life and I fell in love with Evie and [loved] being able to tell her story. We’ve become such a family and working with Kenny [Ortega] and everyone is always a dream.”
“I don’t remember a time where I didn’t just love performing. I was a little girl dressed as Belle or some Disney princess twirling around in my house singing, dancing and acting.”
“I’m so lucky that I get to do it all every day of my life and that I have roles like Evie, which give me the opportunity to sing, to dance and to act. I hope to do what I do for the rest of my life.“
“Growing up I was [a typical] daughter – obsessed with Beyonce, J-Lo, Lizzie McGuire – all these incredible female role models. I grew up with really incredible, strong women as my mother and grandmother, so strong female women were always an inspiration to me.”
“I thought, ‘If I’m ever lucky enough to be able to do what I love, I want to be that [inspiration] for other little girls in everything that I do, everything that I say, every role that I take on and every song that I release.’”
“It’s very close to my heart to make sure [everything I do] has an empowering message for the 16 year-old daughter out there who I know is looking at me and [who my actions] could impact in some way.”
“As girls, we can do anything and be anything and no one should stop us. I want them to know that the most important thing in the world is to be beautiful, but that beauty comes from our hearts.“
Sofia Carson filled her life with exciting things, joy, and productivity. No matter how hard the condition is, she always keeps going.