Yoon Chan Young or also well-known as Chan Young, got his fiery passion in the acting industry several years ago, during junior high school.
After doing some self-practice at his house, this cute actor made his debut through the MBC’s drama, When a Man Falls in Love (2013) as a supporting role.
That year, Chan Young also made a minor appearance for a Mnet drama, Monstar. Again, in this drama, he played a supporting character.
He also got a modeling job for Brave Guys’ MV, Farther Away.
In 2014, he successfully starred in two dramas, Pluto Squad and Mama. He also made his debut in a big-screen movie called The Legacy.
Because of his role in Mama, Chan Young marked his breakthrough success by winning two awards as Best Young Actor for the 3rd APAN Star Awards and the 33rd MBC Drama Awards.
Chan Young’s career in acting was then followed by several titles of dramas and movies.
Those titles are Six Flying Dragons (2015), Dr. Romantic (2016), The King of Love (2017), and I’m Doing Fine in Middle School (2017).
In 2018, he starred in a movie, Mothers. He also made an appearance in a K-Drama called Thirty But Seventeen.
Chan Young then became the main actor for Birthday (2019) and Everything and Nothing (2019).
Surprisingly, his role in Everything and Nothing made him receive an award as Best Young Actor for the 27th SBS Drama Awards.
Later, Chan Young made other appearances for Do You Like Brahms? (2020), Juvenile Delinquency (2022), and finally, All of Us Are Dead.
- Real Name: Yoon Chan Young (윤찬영)
- Stage Name: Yoon Chan Young (윤찬영)
- Nickname: Chan Young
- Birthday: April 25, 2001
- Birthplace: Seoul, South Korea
- Zodiac Sign: Taurus
- Nationality: South Korean
- Height: 175 cm (5’9″)
- Weight: 65 kg (143 lbs)
- Blood Type: –
- Religion: –
- Profession: Actor, Model
- Education: Goyang High School, Hanyang University (Department of Theater and Film)
- Hobbies: Play games, Watch soccer
- Parents: –
- Siblings: 1 sister
- Girlfriend: –
- Facebook: –
- Twitter: –
- Instagram: @yooncy1
- TikTok: –
- YouTube: –
- Chan Young loves to share his daily activities to his fans on his Instagram.
- He also often shares about his leisure activities.
- Chan Young once posted his photo with a senior actress, Im Soo Jung.
- He loves to play games during his free time.
- Chan Young loves mint choco milk.
- When filming his movie, The Fault Is Not Yours, he tried to concentrate on himself and made it a special memory, rather just because of his own double role in that movie.
- During the screening of that movie, he made an invitation for his classmates and teacher.
- Chan Young said that he is satisfied with the result of the movie.
- After watching that movie, Chan Young’s teacher remembered the initial point when she chose to be a teacher.
- He admitted that he is an outgoing person.
- He loves acting because he always wants to show the audience a lot of fun things.
- Chan Young fell in love with La La Land after watching the movie.
- He once took a drama class and had fun with it.
- Chan Young always reads a newspaper every day, in the morning.
- In his house, during acting practice, he usually sets up a booth that is soundproof, so he can do monologues.
- In the evening, Chan Young usually watches a movie and also reads a book.
- He said that he once practiced one of The Notebook scenes when female and male lead dancing on the street.
- Chan Young tried to read the newspaper every morning because he was inspired by other actors, but it did not turned out being fun, so he changed to a magazine.
- He usually will go to the bookstore to buy magazines every month.
- Chan Young said that interview between Lee Jae Wook and Cho Hyun Yul which was published on Marie Claire was very fun.
- For him, when trying acting, the most effective method to use is novels.
- His favorite novels are Hermann Hesse’s Demian and Franz Kafka’s The Metamorphosis.
- By reading novels, he said that he learned a lot about the way to organize his own thoughts.
- Chan Youn also loves to write a diary to organize his thoughts, but he failed to write on his diary every day.
- He admitted that the more he does acting, the better he wants it to be.
- He is afraid to get too serious about acting, but he always wants to keep improving and does well.
- For him, good acting is when he is satisfied with his acting and not ashamed by it.
- During his free time, he loves to watch soccer at dawn.
- Hip-hop music is Chan Young’s favorite genre.
- One of his dreams is to work with Damien Chazelle, a film director.
- He said he would like to play romance and a bolder role when he is in his twenties.
- His ideal type is…
Yoon Chan Young is one of the awesome young actors who has the fieriest energy when it comes to acting. Super!