D.O. has been singing since he was still in primary school. He often participated in local singing competitions throughout high school.
The man from Gyeonggi then auditioned for SM Entertainment and got accepted as their trainee in 2010. He spent his last two years of high school training under SM Entertainment.
D.O. was introduced as part of EXO in January 2012. He was to become member of EXO sub-unit EXO-K, performing in Korean for the country’s music industry.
With EXO, this talented singer made his debut in 2012 with the release of EP Mama. Their debut EP was really well received.
It got to number 1 on Gaon Album Chart and number 8 on Billboard World Albums Chart.
D.O has also starred in various films and TV series. His most notable role came in 2016 for comedy drama film My Annoying Brother.
He got the lead role as national Judo athlete Doo-young. For his performance, D.O. was awarded with Best New Actor award in the Blue Dragon Film Awards.
This Capricorn man has also been involved in several film soundtracks.
He released Dear My Family for I AM OST in 2012, Scream for Cart OST in 2014, and Don’t Worry for My Annoying Brother OST in 2016.
In July 1, 2019, he got enlisted for military service. On that day, SM Station released his solo single That’s Okay. It’s reported that D.O. helped co-write the song.
This Kpop idol was officially discharged from military duty on January 25, 2021. He took part in EXO 2021 EP Don’t Fight the Feeling, released on June 7.
This marks his return to the group since their fifth studio album Don’t Mess Up My Tempo in 2018.
- Real Name: Do Kyung Soo (도경수)
- Chinese Name: Du Qing Zhu (度慶洙)
- Stage Name: D.O. (디오)
- Nickname: Heenjabuja, Umma, Orchestra Boy, The Pop Out Eyes, Pororo
- Birthday: January 12, 1993
- Birthplace: Goyang, Gyeonggi Province, South Korea
- Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
- Nationality: South Korean
- Position: Main Vocalist (EXO)
- Sub Unit: EXO-K
- Super Power (Badge): Force
- Height: 173 cm (5’8”)
- Weight: 55 kg (121 lbs)
- Blood Type: A
- Religion: Christian
- Profession: Singer, Actor
- Education: Baekseok High School
- Hobbies: Interpreting lyrics, Singing, Beatboxing
- Parents: –
- Sibling: An Older Brother
- Girlfriend: –
- Facebook: –
- Twitter: –
- Instagram: –
- Tiktok: –
- Youtube: –
- D.O.’s family consists of father, mother, and an older brother.
- When he was a kid, he was an ulzzang.
- His parents support his dream in becoming a singer.
- This singer got his artistic side from his father who owns an art business.
- He is pretty quiet, considerate, and sentimental.
- He can be a little bit shy around strangers. This Kpop idol prefers for the other person to start the conversations.
- He jokes around a lot with his fellow EXO members.
- This talented artist also often acts like the other members’ mother. He would do their cooking and look after them.
- D.O. nags the other members when the dorm get too messy.
- He is a very tidy person and likes to sort things by brands, colors, and types.
- He has round eyes and heart-shaped lips.
- This talented artist forgets things easily when he’s nervous.
- Some of his habits are biting nails and wetting his lips with tongue.
- He is able to speak some basic English.
- D.O. can play the piano.
- He is really close with fellow member Kai.
- He doesn’t call Chanyeol “hyung” because the older member wants them to be close.
- This Capricorn man often sing along when Chanyeol plays the guitar.
- He likes humming along to songs.
- He loves Pop music best.
- One of his favorite movie genre is fantasy
- D.O. picks number 1 as his favorite.
- He likes the color black.
- Spaghetti is one of his favorite foods.
- His favorite song is Billionaire by Travie McCoy featuring Bruno Mars.
- This Kpop star hates exercising because it makes him sweaty.
- He would like to be a chef if he hadn’t become a singer.
- This main vocalist has lots of little moles all over his body.
- When he can’t sleep, he would watch a movie.
- D.O. used to share a room with Chanyeol and Kai, but now has his own room.
- He is friends with Lim Hyunsik of BtoB, Jo Insung, and also Lee Kwangsoo.
- He admitted to be a fan of f(x).
- The man from Gyeonggi has lots of respects for Yunho from TVXQ.
- His role model is Yoo Young Jin, the composer.
- When the EXO members are in the car together, D.O. said they would listen to SHINee’s music.
- He has a bad eyesight which causes him to glare when not wearing his glasses.
- He made appearance in web drama EXO Next Door (2015) and Be Positive (2016).
- D.O. has been in K-dramas To The Beautiful You (2012), It’s Ok, This is Love (2014), Hello Monster (2015), Be Positive (2016), and 100 Days My Prince (2018).
- He also starred in some movies like Cart in 2014, My Annoying Brother and Unforgettable/Pure Love in 2016, Along With the Gods: The Two Worlds and Room No.7 in 2017, and Swing Kids in 2018.
- His ideal type of girl is someone kind and eats well.
Pics of D.O.
1. The purple suit looks perfect on him
2. D.O. posing on bed
3. He’s becoming one with nature
4. His stare can be really intense
5. D.O. is looking extra dreamy in this picture
It’s great to see D.O. back with EXO. Hopefully, the group would produce more music in the near future.