Germán Garmendia is a hugely popular Latin YouTuber. He had earned millions of subscribers across his channels: HolaSoyGerman, JuegaGerman, and German Garmendia.
The first channel uploads his videos about normal stuff, such as applying for jobs, things people do at gyms, and making new friends, but he covered them with relatable humor.
JuegaGerman is his gaming channel, and the last channel covers his music channel.
His huge career started in 2011 when friends encouraged him to make a YouTube channel.
The next year, German earned 1 million subscribers and became one of the most-subscribed Spanish-speaking channels.
As he grew his fanbase, German expanded more channels based on the niche. In 2016, he released a song with his brother, Diego, titled Señales.
He also dubbed Julian, a character in the Latin version of the movie Ice Age: Collision Course
His profile was featured in many popular magazines, including 360, WIRED, and All Story.
- Full Name: Germán Alejandro Garmendia Aranis
- Stage Name: Germán Garmendia, HolaSoyGerman
- Nickname: German
- Birthdate: April 25, 1990
- Birthplace: Copiapó, Chile
- Zodiac Sign: Taurus
- Height; 1.83 m
- Nationality: Chilean
- Religion: –
- Profession: Youtube Star
- Education: Escuela Técnico Profesional
- Hobbies: Playing video games
- Parents: Germán Luis Garmendia Macías (Father) and Cecilia del Carmen Aranis Mancilla (Mother)
- Sibling: Diego Garmendia
- Girlfriend: Lenay Chantelle Olsen
- Facebook: @germangarmendia
- Twitter: @GermanGarmendia
- Instagram: @germangarmendia
- YouTube: HolaSoyGerman, JuegaGerman, German Garmendia Official
- He defines his Internet persona as an exaggeration of himself.
- Despite growing up in Chile, he can speak English fluently.
- German had to continuously move houses because he had faced problems with stalkers.
- Even though he had built tall walls, many people still try to pass them and take pictures of him and his girlfriend.
- At the age of 3, his father passed away on Christmas day due to a car accident.
- He had to move a lot during his childhood because her mother worked at various places.
- Eventually, his family settled in Los Vilos, where German spent the majority of his youth there.
- After finishing school at the El Chañar Basic School, he continued his study at Escuela Técnico Profesional (ETP) and graduated from there in 2004.
- When German was 23 years old, he moved to Los Angeles to pursue his acting career.
- German was accused of using bots for viewing his YouTube videos.
- In 2014, ten people were injured while attending his event in Mexico City. At that time, he fainted due to the heat exposure and the crowd was massive.
- In 2015, he started dating an actress named Lenay Chantelle Olsen.
- Previously, he dated a model named Alison Smith, but the couple later broke up.
- Since 2015, German has decided to become a vegetarian for ethical purposes.
- The bot incident happened again after the YouTubers Mexivergas and Xodaaaa accused him of using it.
- The controversy was huge, even YouTube itself had to step in and proved that German did not use bots.
Pics of Germán Garmendia
1. German wears a black hoodie
2. His yellow jacket and shoes match the entire wall
3. Hevenjoys the sea from the unicorn pool float
4. This social media star wears a grey beanie
5. German’s smile is adorable!
Germán Garmendia has climbed to fame. In spite of the controversies, many people still love his content and become his loyal fans.