Sia began her singing career as a jazz singer with a local band named Crisp. In 1997, the group disbanded and she launched her debut album called OnlySee.
She then moved to London and became the background vocalist of Jamiroquai and offered vocals for Zero 7.
In 2000, she signed a contract with Dance Pool and released a single titled Taken for Granted.
The next year, Sia produced an album called Healing Is Difficult, and it led her to receive the APRA Awards of 2002.
Sia moved to New York City in 2005 and appeared in a TV series Six Feet Under, which boosted her fame.
Her breakthrough was singing Chandelier in 2014, whose album was sold more than 1 million copies.
Throughout her career, she has performed and wrote songs for famous movie soundtracks including The Great Gatsby, Fifty Shades of Grey, and Wonder Woman.
She also won many awards, including International Dance Music Award, MTV Video Music Awards, and YouTube Music Awards.
- Full name: Sia Kate Isobelle Furler
- Stage name: Sia
- Nickname: Sia
- Born: South Australia, Australia, December 18, 1975
- Zodiac sign: Sagittarius
- Nationality: Australian
- Religion: Christianity
- Profession: Singer, songwriter
- Education: Adelaide High School
- Hobbies: Singing
- Parents: Phil B. Colson (Father) and Loene Furler (Mother)
- Sibling: –
- Facebook: @SiaMusic
- Twitter: @sia
- Instagram: @siamusic
- TikTok: @sia
- YouTube: Sia Official
- She is known for her big platinum blonde.
- This singer loves animals and pets.
- Sia is an avid vegan.
- She supports animal activism and feminist ideology.
- Her parent never married.
- Her cousin is Peter Furler, a Christian rock musician.
- She had a relationship with Dan Pontifex in 1997.
- Her boyfriend died of a car accident in London when she was in Thailand.
- She dedicated her album named Healing Is Difficult for him.
- In 2008, Sia dated a musician JD Samsom but broke up in 2011.
- She suffered from addictions to alcohol and painkillers, depression, and even attempted suicide.
- She canceled many shows and events due to her health.
- She shared on her Twitter that she got Graves’ disease diagnosis.
- In 2013, people called her queer because she said she had dated girls and boys, and everyone in between.
- She married a filmmaker named Erik Anders Lang in August 2014.
- In 2016, she divorced his husband.
- She donated 100,000 USD to animal charities in 2016.
- At Coachella 2016, this singer appeared at the back of the stage and let her dancers own the stage.
- Her music video The Greatest was a tribute to the LGBTQ+ community.
- Sia revealed that she was diagnosed with Ehlers–Danlos syndrome in 2019.
- She was diagnosed with complex PTSD in 2019.
- Sia adopted two African-American sons in 2019.
- She announced that she became a grandmother after one of her sons became the father of twins.
Pics of Sia
1. She performed with an all-pink outfit and wig
2. A mirror selfie from the singer
3. Sia wears a big ribbon on her head
4. She looks mysterious with the décor
5. Sia played with her dogs
Sia is one of the most influential singers in the music industry. She has raised the standards of pop music.