Halsey is an American singer and songwriter. She gained attention from sharing her self-released music on the internet, before debuting with Room 93 (2014) EP in 2014 and Badlands (2015) studio album.
Throughout her career, she’s notable for her unique singing voice and also in social activisms such as racial justice protests and suicide prevention awareness.
- 1 Career
- 2 Profile
- 3 Height, Weight, & Physical Appearance
- 4 Family
- 5 Boyfriend & Dating History
- 6 Net Worth
- 7 Controversies
- 8 Facts
- 9 Movies
- 10 TV Series
- 11 TV Shows
- 12 Quotes
- 13 Pics of Halsey
- 14 FAQs
- 14.1 Who is Halsey?
- 14.2 Who is Halsey’s real name?
- 14.3 What makes Halsey famous?
- 14.4 Where is Halsey from?
- 14.5 How old is Halsey?
- 14.6 When Halsey celebrates her birthday?
- 14.7 How tall is Halsey?
- 14.8 Who are Halsey’s parents?
- 14.9 Is Halsey married?
- 14.10 Who is Halsey’s ex-boyfriend?
- 14.11 How rich is Halsey?
- 14.12 What is Halsey nationality?
Halsey first got her fame when she posted videos on social media, such as Kik, YouTube, and Tumblr.
This singer became known after making a parody of I Knew You Were Trouble by Taylor Swift.
In 2014, she launched a song on SoundCloud named Ghost. It was her breakthrough. The song got many views and led him to sign a contract with Astralwerks. She finally released her debut album called Badlands in 2015.
The album reached number two on the Billboard 200 and got double Platinum from the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA).
Her song titled Castle was chosen for the soundtrack of the movie The Huntsman: Winter’s War in 2016.
In 2017, she got her first Grammy nomination. Her song Not Afraid Anymore was also featured in the movie Fifty Shades Darker.
Throughout her career, Halsey had collaborated with famous artists, including Chainsmokers, Justin Bieber, and, a Korean boyband, BTS.
Her song with BTS, Boy with Luv, was the most–viewed music video within its first 24 hours.
- Full name: Ashley Nicolette Frangipane
- Stage name: Halsey
- Nickname: Halsey, 17alsey
- Born: September 29, 1994
- Birthplace: Edison, New Jersey, United States
- Nationality: American
- Religion: –
- Profession: Singer, Songwriter
- Education: Warren Hills Regional High School
- Hobbies: Painting and gardening
- Boyfriend: –
- Facebook: @halsey
- Twitter: @halsey
- Instagram: @iamhalsey
- TikTok: @halsey
- YouTube: Halsey Official
Height, Weight, & Physical Appearance
- Height: 163 cm (5’4″)
- Weight: 54 Kg (119 lbs)
- Blood Type: –
- Hair Color: Black
- Eye Color: Hazel
- Body Measurements: 33-25-35 (Bust -33, Waist -25, and Hips -35 inches)
- Shoe Size: 7 (US)
- Dress Size: 6 (US)
- Father: Chris Frangipane
- Mother: Nicole Frangipane
- Brother: Sevian Frangipane, Dante Frangipane
- Sister: –
- Children: Ender Ridley Aydin
Boyfriend & Dating History
Halsey met Matt Healy, who’s the vocalist of The 1975, at one of his concerts and the pair dated shortly afterwards.
She opened up about their romance in an interview in 2014, revealing that she’s “a huge fan.”
Unfortunately, it’s not known when or why they chose to part ways.
She began dating Lido, who’s a Norwegian record producer in 2015. Throughout the relationship, they went on-and-off untl they split in 2016.
It appeared that they separated because of the sudden raise of her career and fame and apparently Lido “can’t keep up” as she revealed on a 2015 Billboard interview.
Dating rumors between Halsey and Jared Leto surfaced as they were seen hanging out together at 2016 Coachella. They also made another public appearance together in the following month at Met Gala, while wearing matching white outfits.
It’s not really known whether they were really involved in a romance or not, as neither of them has ever adressed the speculations.
In 2018, she worked with Thirty Seconds to Mars, Leto’s band, for Love Is Madness.
Not long after Ruby Rose called her engagement with Phoebe Dahl off, she was linked with Halsey in late 2015.
They were seen enjoying a lunch date in Hollywood and sent each other flirty tweets. However, none of them has ever acknowledged the dating rumors.
Machine Gun Kelly
In 2017, Halsey and Machine Gun Kelly met on Roadies filming set and started to date shortly after.
They used to share their adorable photos on Instagram. He also opened up about their relationship briefly once to Rolling Stone, stating that he felt “16 again” even though he refused to give their relationship “titles or labels or anything.”
They split in the same year for undisclosed reasons.
She sparked dating rumors with G-Eazy in around August 2017, as she called him “baby” in a post on her Instagram page.
The pair kept their relationship low-key. However, he opened up about it once in an interview, revealing how they met at a party and connected with one another “almost every single level.”
Unfortunately, they eventually separated in October 2018 for unknown reasons.
She was romantically linked to Yungblud for a while, before their relationship appeared to be confirmed by a shared of cuddly picture on Instagram in early 2019.
The couple didn’t shy away from sharing snippets of their cute romance. They also collaborated on 11 Minutes.
That being said, their relationship didn’t last long. It isn’t really known when or why they chose to part ways.
For years, Halsey had been vocals about having crush on Evan Peters. She seemed to start dating the actor in September 2019 as they were spotted hanging out on Six Flags Magic Mountain.
In October that year, the couple also appeared on public event for the 100th episode celebration party of American Horror Story.
That being said, she took down all of his pictures from her Instagram page in March 2020, indicating that they had split.
It is not really clear when Halsey and Alev Aydin, who’s a screenwriter, began their romance. However, they were seen together in October 2020 around Los Angeles.
Later, she revealed in an interview that they had known one another “for four years” before it became romantic.
They announced her pregnancy in early 2021 via Instagram and gave birth on July 2021, to a baby son named Ender Ridley Aydin.
Media reported that the pair broke up in April 2023 because of amicable reasons. It’s also revealed that she requested physical custody of their son, Ender.
Halsey’s net worth is estimated by multiple sources to be around $20 million to $30 million. She earns her income mainly through working as a musician.
She purchased a house in Hollywood Hills in June 2017, for $2.23 million. It was then sold in March 2020 for $2.375 million.
Halsey bought another house located in Sherman Oaks in 2019, for $2.4 million.
She purchased a mansion in Calabasas for slightly more than $10 million in early 2021, which previously was owned by Liam Payne.
Receiving Backlashes for Her Self-Identified Label
Halsey received a good amount of criticisms during her early career for allegedly labelling herself as “tri-bi” (biracial, bisexual, and bipolar) in an interview.
However, in an interview with Rolling Stone in 2016, she appeared to disapproved the label, stating that it’s a way to trivialize her.
- Her musical influences are Slick Rick and Tupac.
- She called herself tri-bi for bisexual, bipolar, and biracial.
- After she graduated from high school, she went to the Rhode Island School of Design. Yet, she withdrew owing to financial condition.
- She was rejected to move back home, so she lived in homeless shelters in New York.
- When she was 17, the singer attempted suicide.
- She started dating a Norwegian producer named Lido in 2015 and broke up the next year.
- In 2016, Halsey drew controversy because she kissed underage fans.
- The Gasoline singer was diagnosed with endometriosis in 2016.
- She raised 100,000 USD for Planned Parenthood in 2017.
- Halsey also had a romantic relationship with G-Eazy, but the couple parted in 2018.
- Forbes magazine included her in Forbes 30 Under 30 – Music list in 2017.
- In the same year, she appeared on the cover of Playboy magazine.
- At the 2018 Women’s March, the singer delivered a speech.
- She also performed at the 2018 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show.
- She joined a charity song titled Earth with other 29 artists to raise climate change awareness.
- In 2019, she criticized Demi Lovato for her song Cool for the Summer as it treats bisexuality as taboo.
- She mentioned that she quit smoking cigarettes in 2019 after 10 years of using them.
- In the same year, Halsey dated an actor Evan Peters but split in 2020.
- She launched a platform for black creators called The Black Creators Fund.
- Her ideal type is…
- MaXXXine (2024), as TBA
- Americana (2023), as Mandy Starr
- Sing 2 (2021), as Porsha Crystal (voice)
- If I Can’t Have Love, I Want Power (2021), as Queen Lila / Lilith
- A Star Is Born (2018), as herself
- Teen Titans Go! To the Movies (2018), as Wonder Woman (voice)
- Scooby-Doo and Guess Who? (HBO Max ⏐ 2020), as herself (voice)
- American Dad! (TBS ⏐ 2017), as Cindy
- Roadies (Showtime ⏐ 2016), as herself
- The Disney Family Singalong: Volume II (ABC ⏐ 2020), as herself (performer)
- The Voice (NBC ⏐ 2018), as herself (guest performer/guest advisor)
- The Doctors (Syndication ⏐ 2018), as herself (celebrity guest)
- RuPaul’s Drag Race (MTV ⏐ 2018), as herself (guest judge)
- Saturday Night Live (NBC ⏐ 2018–2021), as herself (host/musical performer)
“The environment around you shapes who you are. How you handle an emergency or how you react when someone is rude to you, that’s you.”
“Being bisexual, being bipolar, being biracial – it’s been used to define me, but I am desperate to be indefinable.”
“So many people are concerned with being the perfect ‘something.’ Whether it’s the perfect singer, the perfect sexy girl, or the perfect feminist. I don’t want to be the perfect anything.”
“I think escapism is something artists write about pretty frequently – it’s something everyone can relate to, the concept of wanting something more, wanting to find solace, wanting to have something better.”
“I consider myself someone who takes a lot of beauty risks, and I’ve realized what I liar I am. I change my hair a lot, from blue to blonde to bald, but I’m trying to branch out a little more with makeup.”
“I’m a human, and I’m multidimensional. If I was the perfect form of anything, I’d be boring. If I was a free spirit all the time, I would be boring; I would lack depth. If I was dark and enigmatic all the time, then I would lack relatability.”
“I learned how quickly I could go from having never met someone to having the world think I’m dating them.”
“My mom has every issue of ‘Billboard’ I’ve ever been in.”
“I want to be treated like a musician.”
“I would love to write a screenplay for ‘Badlands’ one day. I don’t think I could ever have the patience to do it; I don’t even have the patience to write songs. I write some of the shortest songs ever because I don’t have the patience.”
“I wear my personality on my sleeve, for sure, and my look is constantly changing because so am I.”
“I had a crazy life for a teenager. I lived in New Jersey, but I’d go to Vermont for three weeks, join a commune, take pictures with the guy I was dating, come back home, and post photos.”
“You can expect nothing in being a musician, and you have to be just very thankful every time it goes positively for you.”
Pics of Halsey
1. Her hair looks like colorful candy
2. The star is sweet like ice cream
3. Her long blue dress seems like a picnic outfit
4. Let’s chill at home with Halsey!
5. Look more feminine with floral dress
Who is Halsey?
She is an American singer and songwriter.
Who is Halsey’s real name?
Her real name is Ashley Nicolette Frangipane.
What makes Halsey famous?
She’s famous because of from her self-released music on the internet, before debuting with Room 93 (2014) EP in 2014 and Badlands (2015) studio album.
Where is Halsey from?
She was born in Edison, New Jersey, United States.
How old is Halsey?
She was born in 1994, and she is 29 years old as of 2023.
When Halsey celebrates her birthday?
She celebrates on the 29th of every September.
How tall is Halsey?
Her height is 5’4″ or 163 cm.
Who are Halsey’s parents?
Her father’s name is Chris Frangipane and her mother’s name is Nicole Frangipane.
Is Halsey married?
She is not married. Furthermore, there is no information on whether she is in a relationship or not.
Who is Halsey’s ex-boyfriend?
Her ex-boyfriends are Matt Healy, Lido, Machine Gun Kelly, G-Eazy, Yungblud, Evan Peters, and Alev Aydin. Furthermore, she also used to be rumored to date Jared Leto and Ruby Rose.
How rich is Halsey?
Her net worth is around $20 million to $30 million.
What is Halsey nationality?
Her nationality is American.
Halsey introduces her identity and expression through music. No wonder her songs appear unique and divine.