Halsey first got her fame when she posted videos on social media, such as Kik, YouTube, and Tumblr.
This singer became known after making a parody of I Knew You Were Trouble by Taylor Swift.
In 2014, she launched a song on SoundCloud named Ghost. It was her breakthrough. The song got many views and led him to sign a contract with Astralwerks. She finally released her debut album called Badlands in 2015.
The album reached number two on the Billboard 200 and got double Platinum from the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA).
Her song titled Castle was chosen for the soundtrack of the movie The Huntsman: Winter’s War in 2016.
In 2017, she got her first Grammy nomination. Her song Not Afraid Anymore was also featured in the movie Fifty Shades Darker.
Throughout her career, Halsey had collaborated with famous artists, including Chainsmokers, Justin Bieber, and, a Korean boyband, BTS.
Her song with BTS, Boy with Luv, was the most–viewed music video within its first 24 hours.
- Full name: Ashley Nicolette Frangipane
- Stage name: Halsey
- Nickname: Halsey, 17alsey
- Born: September 29, 1994, in New Jersey, USA
- Nationality: American
- Religion: –
- Profession: Singer, songwriter
- Education: Warren Hills Regional High School
- Hobbies: Painting and gardening
- Parents: Chris Frangipane (Father) and Nicole Frangipane (Mother)
- Sibling: Dante
- Boyfriend: –
- Facebook: @halsey
- Twitter: @halsey
- Instagram: @iamhalsey
- TikTok: @halsey
- YouTube: Halsey Official
- Her musical influences are Slick Rick and Tupac.
- She called herself tri-bi for bisexual, bipolar, and biracial.
- After she graduated from high school, she went to the Rhode Island School of Design. Yet, she withdrew owing to financial condition.
- She was rejected to move back home, so she lived in homeless shelters in New York.
- When she was 17, the singer attempted suicide.
- She started dating a Norwegian producer named Lido in 2015 and broke up the next year.
- In 2016, Halsey drew controversy because she kissed underage fans.
- The Gasoline singer was diagnosed with endometriosis in 2016.
- She raised 100,000 USD for Planned Parenthood in 2017.
- Halsey also had a romantic relationship with G-Eazy, but the couple parted in 2018.
- Forbes magazine included her in Forbes 30 Under 30 – Music list in 2017.
- In the same year, she appeared on the cover of Playboy magazine.
- At the 2018 Women’s March, the singer delivered a speech.
- She also performed at the 2018 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show.
- She joined a charity song titled Earth with other 29 artists to raise climate change awareness.
- In 2019, she criticized Demi Lovato for her song Cool for the Summer as it treats bisexuality as taboo.
- She mentioned that she quit smoking cigarettes in 2019 after 10 years of using them.
- In the same year, Halsey dated an actor Evan Peters but split in 2020.
- She launched a platform for black creators called The Black Creators Fund.
- Her ideal type is…
Pics of Halsey
1. Her hair looks like colorful candy
2. The star is sweet like ice cream
3. Her long blue dress seems like a picnic outfit
4. Let’s chill at home with Halsey!
5. Look more feminine with floral dress
Halsey introduces her identity and expression through music. No wonder her songs appear unique and divine.