Bruno Mars became interested in music at the age of four. He performed with his family’s band for five days a week.
In 1990, he started gaining local attention by appearing in Midweek, a Hawaiian tabloid, as Little Elvis.
He moved to Los Angeles in 2003. He built his career as a soloist, songwriter, and backing vocals.
He also got featured by Jaeson Ma and Far East Movement. Bruno gradually gained fame and released his first EP named It’s Better If You Don’t Understand.
He finally released his debut album called Doo-Wops & Hooligans in 2010. It ranked #3 on the Billboard 200 and was sold over 15 million items worldwide.
The next year, he won his first Grammy for Best Male Pop Vocal Performance.
He then continued releasing chart-worthy and award-winning songs like When I Was Your Man, That’s What I Like, and Finesse.
He had also collaborated with other famous singers, such as Cardi B, Ed Sheeran, and Snoop Dogg.
- Full name: Peter Gene Bayot Hernandez
- Stage name: Bruno Mars
- Nickname: Mars
- Born: October 8, 1985, in Hawaii, USA
- Nationality: American
- Religion: Christianity
- Profession: Singer, songwriter
- Education: President Theodore Roosevelt High School
- Hobbies: Dancing and playing golf
- Parents: Peter Hernandez (Father) and Bernadette San Pedro Bayot (Mother)
- Siblings: Eric Hernandez Musikus, Presley Hernandez, Tiara Hernandez, Jamie Hernandez, Tahiti Hernandez
- Girlfriend: Jessica Caban
- Facebook: @brunomars
- Twitter: @BrunoMars
- Instagram: @brunomars
- TikTok: @brunomars
- YouTube: Bruno Mars Officila
- His trademarks are a high-pitched tenor voice and hats.
- He can play the drum kit, piano, and guitar.
- Bruno is of Filipino and Puerto Rican ancestry.
- Red is Bruno’s favorite color.
- Mars’ go-to food is Chicken Adobo.
- Family Guy is his favorite TV show.
- His biggest influences are Elvis Presley and Michael Jackson.
- Mars’ father was a percussionist and his mother was a singer.
- Bruno’s four sisters form a group named Lylas.
- In 2010, he was arrested due to drug possession in a Las Vegas casino.
- Bruno started quitting smoking and using an electronic cigarette in 2013.
- In 2014, he performed at the Super Bowl.
- He partnered with Grammy Foundation to build a camp scholarship fund for Hawaiian talents in 2014.
- In the same year, Forbes magazine named him on its 30 Under 30 – Music list.
- Mars earned a Star from the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2016.
- In 2017, the singer helped the victims of the water crisis in Michigan by donating 1 million USD.
- He was nominated for 4 categories at the 2017 American Music Awards and won 3 of them. They are Artist of the Year, Favorite Pop/Rock Male Artist, and Favorite Soul/R&B Male Artist.
- His name was also noted in the Guinness World Records in 2017 as the First Male Artist to get three 10-million-selling-singles.
- Forbes magazine included him on its Celebrity 100 list in 2019.
- During the coronavirus pandemic in 2020, Bruno donated 1 million USD to the MGM Resorts Foundation.
- His ideal type is…
Pics of Bruno Mars
1. A selfie from Bruno
2. Bruno Mars always sparks the stage
3. Bruno wears a sporty outfit
4. Does he look like one of his songs, Billionaire?
5. His performance is always stunning!
Every Bruno Mars’ song becomes an earworm, right? Which Bruno’s songs do you play the most?