Hawick Lau began acting in 1995. He made his debut in the drama A Kindred Spirit. He starred alongside his father and fellow actor Lau Dan.
For the next few years, he continued to act in various Hong Kong dramas. Some of his works in the 2000s include Aiming High (2000), Virtues of Harmony (2001-2002), and My Family (2005).
Since early his career, his performances have been incredible. The TV network TVB even named him as one of the Five Fresh Tiger. This means, the network was pushing Hawick to be a star.
In 2005, this actor decided to move out from Hong Kong and find job overseas.
He mainly did projects in Singapore, Taiwan, and mainland China. He got his first job in mainland for The Hui Merchants of Qing in 2007.
To ensure his success in China, he decided to speak Mandarin Chinese and not Cantonese to the media. He began to gain recognition for his role in 2008 drama Royal Embroidery Workshop.
In 2010s, Hawick began to reach mainstream popularity. He starred in many hit series such as Sealed with a Kiss (2011), Holding Love (2012), and Ru Yi (2012).
After reaching massive success as an actor, the man from British Hong Kong made his own studio. He took the role of producer for the drama A Clear Midsummer Night.
The drama was released in 2013 and managed to become a hit among audience.
- Real Name: Lau Hoi Wai (劉愷威)
- Stage Name: Hawick Lau
- Nickname: –
- Birthday: October 13, 1974
- Birthplace: British Hong Kong
- Zodiac Sign: Libra
- Nationality: Chinese
- Height: 178 cm (5’10”)
- Weight: –
- Blood Type: –
- Religion: –
- Profession: Actor
- Education: Ryerson University
- Hobbies: –
- Parents: –
- Sibling: –
- Girlfriend: –
- Wife: Yang Mi (2014–2018)
- Facebook: –
- Twitter: –
- Instagram: –
- Tiktok: –
- Youtube: –
- Hawick got inspired to pursue a career in acting after watching his father.
- He never attended professional training for acting.
- He learned all he knows about acting from his father.
- This Actor studied architecture in college but realized it’s not his passion.
- He can sing.
- He has released two albums tilted LALA I Love You (1997) and A Boy’s Story (1998).
- His music career wasn’t really successful.
- He did theatre in high school.
- Growing up, he used to have low self-esteem.
- Hawick was married to actress Yang Mi from 2014 to 2018.
- He and Yang Mi got married in Bali, Indonesia.
- From the marriage, he has a daughter named Noemie Lau.
Pics of Hawick Lau
1. Hawick has really great body
2. He looks incredible in this blue outfit
3. His stare is really intense
4. Loving the combination of warm colors
5. Hawick always looking tough and sporty
Hawick Lau has managed break through the entertainment industry in multiple countries across Asia. It’s interesting to see where he is going afterwards.