Jinu was a student at Joy Dance Academy. His dance was so amazing, it even caught the attention of Seungri from BigBang.
He was brought to YG Entertainment by the BigBang member himself and eventually joined the company. Jinu became officially their trainee in 2010.
In 2013, this Libra man joined the survival reality program WIN: Who Is Next?. In this show, the two teams A and B had to compete in order to get a chance to debut.
Jinu was part of the winning Team A. With 4 other members in his team, they formed new boy band WINNER.
He made his debut with WINNER in 2014. They released the album 2014 S/S. It got to number 1 on both the Gaon Album Chart and Billboard World Albums Chart.
Two songs were also released as the lead singles, tilted Empty and Color Ring. On its debut, Empty topped all South Korean charts.
Jinu got his solo debut in August 2019. He released a single album titled Jinu’s Heyday. The lead single Call Anytime featured fellow member Mino.
The song topped the iTunes chart in 13 countries upon release. It also got to number 1 on the LINEMUSIC Weekly Chart.
Other than music, the man born in 1991 was also involved in several TV shows. One is for the leading role in 2016 show Magic Cellphone.
He was also in a stage production of The Little Prince as the prince himself.
- Real Name: Kim Jin Woo (김진우)
- Stage Name: Jinu (formerly Jinwoo)
- Nickname: Open Knees
- Birthday: September 26, 1991
- Birthplace: Imja-do, Sinan County, South Jeolla Province, South Korea
- Zodiac Sign: Libra
- Chinese Zodiac Sign: Sheep
- Nationality: Korean
- Position: Lead Vocalist, Visual (WINNER)
- Height: 177 cm (5’10”)
- Weight: 58 kg (128 lbs)
- Blood Type: A
- Religion: –
- Profession: Singer
- Education: Joy Dance Academy
- Hobbies: Swimming, Watching drama, Playing games
- Parents: –
- Siblings: Kim Heera (older sister), Kim Jinhi (younger sister)
- Girlfriend: –
- Facebook: –
- Twitter: official_jinu_
- Instagram: @xxjjjwww
- Tiktok: –
- Weibo: XXJJJWWW_OFFICIAL
- Jinu became a trainee for five years since he was 18 years old.
- He is said to be the peacemaker on the group.
- He used to be the backup dancer for the 2011 YG Family Concert.
- This Libra man has tender and warm personality.
- He has two sphynx cats named Bay and Ray.
- He actually has allergic reaction to cats but he takes medicines for it.
- The man from Imjado takes the longest to memorize new song lyrics and choreography.
- He looks up to Seungri because he has done so much for him.
- He is close to Hyemi from FIESTAR.
- Jinu cried and had a nosebleed when his team was announced as the WINNER of WIN: Who Is Next?.
- He got the nickname fake maknae for his innocence and boyish face, even though he’s actually the oldest.
- Jinu used to be ashamed of his father’s job as a fisherman. But now he’s proud of him.
- He looks a lot like Japanese actress Kiritani Mirei.
- This K-pop star likes wearing pants with ripped knees, earning him the nickname Open Knees.
- People see him as handsome, pretty, and fragile. But he’s actually a tough and wild type of guy.
- His face is said to have the Golden Ratio, meaning his facial proportions are considered ideal.
- This talented singer gets lost quite easily in new places.
- He is dubbed as being part of YG Cutie Line with Jinhwan and Yunhyeong of iKON, and Jisoo of BLACKPINK.
- He took part in the travel reality show Wizard of Nowhere.
- Jinu is in the same dorm as Mino because they both have cats.
- He is someone who enjoys being home.
- He starred in web drama Love For A Thousand More. It’s a joint production of YG Entertainment, CJ E&M, and YGKPlus.
- The idol got enlisted for military duty on April 2020.
- His ideal type is someone with cute puppy-like face and white skin. It would be better if her height is around 165 cm and she doesn’t wear heels a lot.
Pics of Jinu
1. Jinu looks awesome in leopard print
2. He really has an innocent and youthful face
3. He can also bring out his sexier side like in this photo
4. Loving the soft colors on him
5. Jinu has a cool aura when performing
Jinu’s talent in singing is a great addition to the group. He is surely going to make it big in the future.