Josh Richards is a Canadian TikTok star, YouTube star, actor, and business entrepreneur.
He got famous from posting contents such as dancing, lip-syncing, and comedy skits on TikTok
He is the co-founder of TalentX Entertainment, a digital management company, where he’s also the first artist signed there. He’s also co-founding the Ani Energy, serving as TrillerX’s CSO, and establishing CrossCheck Studios as well.
Read more: Kira Kosarin – Biography, Profile, Facts, Family & Life Story
Josh Richards’ internet career first started by joining musical.ly, which has become the huge video-sharing platform TikTok now, at the age of 14.
However, he actually has began stepping into business industry by launching Berserk Hockey a hockey merchandise company.
In 2017, he signed with a manager to manage his TikTok career. In this platform, he posts various types of content inlcuding lip-sync and dancing videos, snippets of his daily life, comedy and skit contents, as well as sport-related posts.
He marked his first business collaboration with “Call It Spring”, a sneakers brand in 2018. In the same year, he appeared as VIP guest at Toronto event Rock Your Hair Tour.
A year later in 2019, he joined in 2019, he joined a social group called Sway House, along with some of the biggest internet personalities such as Anthony Reeves, Jaden Hossler, and Griffin Johnson.
He began his acting career around this time, starring in Summer Dropouts (2021) as his debut film. SInce then, he appeared in Under the Stadium Lights (2020).
However, in 2020, he moved out of the Sway House citing “lost sight of why he moved to LA in the first place” as the reason.
He also stated that he wants to focus on music career. In this year, he was offered equity and became the chief strategy officer of Triller, a platform which is claimed as the competitor of TikTok.
This is also the same year that Josh Richards signed recording contract singer artist to Warner Bros. He released songs such as Still Softish which is a diss track against the rapper Lil Huddy.
In July 2020, he’s officially establishing TalentX Entertainment as co-founder where he’s also the first signed artist there. Other co-founders are inlcuding Warren Lentz, Michael Gruen, and Tal Fishman.
Josh Richards’ latest business endeavor is CrossCheck Studios, a production company that focuses on Gen-Z content creator, where he serves as the CEO.
This company is supported by Unrealistic Ideas, another production company headed by actor Mark Wahlberg.
- Real name: Josh Richards
- Stage name: Josh Richards
- Nickname: Richards
- Birthday: January 31, 2002
- Birthplace: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Zodiac sign: Aquarius
- Nationality: Canadian
- Religion: Christian
- Profession: YouTube Star, TikTok Star, Actor
- Education: St. Mary Catholic Secondary School
- Hobbies: Playing ice hockey and football
- Facebook: –
- Twitter: @JoshRichards
- Instagram: @joshrichards
- TikTok: @joshrichards
- YouTube: Josh Richards Official
Height, Weight, & Physical Appearances
- Height: 180 cm (5’11”)
- Weight: 70 kg (154 lbs)
- Blood Type: –
- Hair Color: Brown
- Eye Color: Blue
- Body Measurements: 38-29-13 (Bust -38, Waist -29, and Arms-13 inches)
- Shoe Size: 9.5 (US)
- Dress Size: –
- Father: Derward Richards
- Mother: Chloe Richards
- Brother: William Richards
- Sister: Olivia Richards
Girlfriends & Dating History
They are dating from January 2020 to March 2021. It is said that they possibly break up because Nessa got involved romantically with Jaden Hossler, Josh’s best friend.
People began to suspect their relationship when Julie appeared in one of his TikTok videos. However, he denied the rumor, saying that they hang out together only to “…film a funny TikTok together” and that the relationship “…is really not that deep.”
He was rumored to be dating Dixie D’Amelio after they were seen together at several gatherings.
In February 2023, Bryce Hall posted a video regarding their relationship. This further strengthens the rumors of their relationship.
However, Josh and Dixie have neither confirmed nor denied that they are in a relationship.
His net worth number is approximated at $3 million to $5 million.
As cited from a Forbes report in early 2022, he earned approximately $5 million just in 2021 alone from his various business endeavors and sponsorship deals. This number puts him in the 4th spot in the list of highest-earning stars in TikTok.
He is one of the most followed account in TikTok. According to Forbes, the estimation of Josh Richards’ income from TikTok alone is $1.5 million.
YouTube is one of his main source of income. According to Social Blade, is estimated that he earns $675 to $10.8 thousand monthly and $8.1 thousand to $129.6 thousand annually.
Some of the businesses under his name in Ani Energy which he founded alongside Bryce Hall in 2020. He also leads CrossCheck studios by teaming up the production company under Mark Wehlberg.
He serves as Triller’s Chief Strategy Officer (CSO), in which this company is said to be the rival of TikTok. He co-founded TalentX Entertainment as well, which according to various media outlest, is the largest management and production company for TikTok contents.
With other members of Sway House, he has launched Sway Fitness, a fitness brand that produces sports and gym clothings.
Moreover, he serves as business advisor for a number of companies such as soft-wollen and cruelty-free fashin brand Unhide, a game-related prediction app called Versus, and a antasy league app titled Fan Controlled Football (FCF).
As an investor, Josh Richards has put out millions of venture capital fund as well. Some of the most notable investments he has made are $18 million venture capital fund to bussiness company Animal Capital.
Animal Capital then invested to Colossal in September 2021, a company that focuses in CRISPR genetic engineering.
Moreover, he also puts investment and collaborates in Sillybandz with Sway House members. Sillybandz is a brand of unique-shaped silicone bracelets.
According to Bussiness Insiders, he owns an estate located in Encino, California, where he lives. It is the former Hype House’s house, in around 2019. It is a Spanish-style mansion nestled in gated community in LA’s hill.
Josh Richards owns several cars. Some of his known automobile properties are a Range Rover, an Chevrolet Impala, and an Oldmobile Cutlass.
He has made donation plenty of times before. In 2020, along with Sway House members, he donated to Barstool Sports in the amount of $200,000 for Corona relief fund. Together, they also donated 100,000 masks provided for the members’ almamaters.
He has donated to Black Live Matters too through the profit of his clothing line, Buddy’s Hard.
- Richards has brown hair and blue eyes.
- Richards’s father is a businessman, while her mother is a housewife.
- When he was a kid, he liked to reenact the movie he had watched with his friends.
- He aspired to be a businessman when he was a kid.
- This man also liked watching Wizards of Waverly Place.
- He did yard work and made lacrosse mash.
- His most embarrassing moment when his first day in grade 9, he entered the wrong class for the whole day.
- Thing Richards can’t live without is his phone.
- TikTok, Instagram, and Snapchat are the three most-used apps on his phone.
- His celebrity crush is Selena Gomez.
- Richards’s dream actor to work with is Will Smith.
- This TikTok star’s favorite TV show is The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air (1990).
- He took a dancing class in Hip Hop at the age of 7.
- Richards’ best birthday gift was getting tickets to the ice hockey team Vancouver Canucks at the age of 9.
- In October 2019, Richards dated his fellow TikTok star named Nessa Barrett.
- He worked with famous brands, including Crocs, CashApp, and Reebok in 2019.
- In March 2020, he had a feud with Chase Hudson as he assumed that Chase sent flirty messages to his girlfriend.
- However, the couple broke up in June 2020.
- Yet, they seemed to be together again in December 2020.
Read more: Lil Nas X – Biography, Profile, Facts, Family & Life Story
- Summertime Dropouts (2021), as Dillon
- Under the Stadium Lights (2021), as BBQ Patron
Music Video Appearances
- Canceled (2020) – Larray
- Don’t You See I’m on the Phone?! (2022) – King Chip tha Ripper
“We create trends. We start trends. That’s what we do.”
“I’ve learned. I’m learning. I want to use my platform to work hard for good.”
“Recently, I took the much-needed time to self-reflect. In the process, I proceeded to look at the words tattooed on my arm. This made me realize the gravity of my role in my supporter’s lives – something I feel I have often neglected.”
“Using my platform is something I’ve always believed in.”
Pics of Josh Richards
1. Let’s chill on the side of the pool with Josh Richards
2. This TikTok star looks charming from any angle
3. Richards’s side profile is amazing
4. Richards wears a white outfit
5. Which one do you admire, Josh’s face or the sunset?
Josh Richards has presented a popular trend among youngsters on TikTok: good looks, remixable memes, teenage behaviors, and drama.