Katy Perry performed in church when she was a child, then continued to gospel music career. Her singing skill caught the attention of Jennifer Knapp and Steve Thomas.
Then, they brought her to help her improve. In 2001, she had a contract with Red Hill Records and launched her first album titled Katy Hudson.
At the age of 17, she moved to Los Angeles and changed to secular music. She signed to Capitol Records in 2007 and released a song titled Ur So Gay, then an album named One of the Boys.
The album was sold 7 million copies around the globe. This was her breakthrough.
Katy won International Female Solo Artist from Brit Awards in 2009 and held her first world tour, Hello Katy Tour.
Her albums including Prism and Witness always peaked at number on the Billboard chart. She also performed at prestigious stages such as the annual Grammy Awards and Super Bowl.
Some of her songs such as Firework and Roar got Diamond certifications from the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA).
Throughout her career, she has collaborated with other famous singers, such as Britney Spears, Nicki Minaj, Selena Gomez, Kelly Clarkson, and many more
- Full name: Katheryn Elizabeth Hudson
- Stage name: Katy Perry
- Nickname: Katy
- Born: October 25, 1984, in Santa Barbara, California, United States
- Nationality: American
- Religion: Christian
- Profession: Singer, Songwriter
- Education: Dos Pueblos High School
- Hobbies: Running, hunting antiques, and dancing
- Parents: Keith Hudson (Father) and Mary Perry (Mother)
- Sibling: Angela Hudson, David Hudson
- Fiancé: Orlando Bloom
- Instagram: @katyperry
- YouTube: Katy Perry Official
- Facebook: @katyperry
- Twitter: @katyperry
- Her trademarks are colorful wigs and outfits.
- Her friends include Rihanna, Adam Lambert, and Perez Hilton
- Perry’s musical influences are Freddie Mercury and Alanis Morissette.
- Her favorite color is blue.
- She enjoys eating Asian food like sashimi and Chinese chicken salad.
- When she was a child, her parents forbade her to listen to MTV and only allowed her to listen to gospel music.
- She was married to English actor Russell Brand in 2010 in India. Yet, they divorced in 2012.
- In 2010, Maxim magazine ranked her at number one on Hot 100 Women.
- Katy had a voice-over role in The Smurfs as Smurfette.
- Billboard listed her as the Woman of the Year in 2012.
- She had her 28th birthday lunch with Michelle Obama.
- In 2013, Guinness Book World Record named her the Best First Female with Five Number One US singles from One Album.
- Perry partnered with Staples Inc. in 2014 and donated 1 million USD to DonorsChoose to support education.
- Forbes magazine ranked her at number six as one of the Highest-Paid Women in Music in 2016.
- In 2017, the Human Rights Campaign gave the singer the Nation Equality Award.
- She also performed in Ariana Grande’s One Love Manchester concert in the same year.
- The E.T. singer became the first person that hit 100 million followers on one of the most famous social media, Twitter.
- On 2019 Valentine’s Day, she was engaged to the English actor, Orlando Bloom
- In August 2020, she gave birth to a daughter named Daisy Dove Bloom.
- Her ideal type is…
- Her net worth is around $330 Million.
Pics of Katy Perry
1. Even though she is known for her colorful hair, the black hair also suits her, right?
2. What do you think of this cow-pattern outfit?
3. Look at this sparkling golden dress!
4. Her bright smile encourages anyone to smile too
5. The floral dress makes her even prettier
Are you also one of Katy Perry’s fanbase or Katy Kats? Be proud of yourself because your idol is super and talented!