Lily Collins got her first career in the entertainment industry in 1999, when she began to become a voice dubber for Tarzan.
One decade later, this Pisces actress then debuted in a TV series, 90210, a teen series created by The CW, as Phoebe Abrams.
That year, she also debuted in a movie called The Blind Side, which gave her a lot of acting lessons for the big-screen acting project.
After that, in 2011, Lily was involved in two movies, Priest and Abduction.
She got her career breakthrough after starring in Mirror Mirror (2012) as Snow White, a fantasy movie which was very popular at that time.
Her career then was followed by her appearance in Stuck in Love. (2012) and The English Teacher (2013).
Lily got another popularity when she portrayed Clary Fray in The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones (2013), a fantasy movie which was adapted by a novel written by Cassandra Clare.
She also became iconic after starring in Love, Rosie (2014) as Rosie Dunne and acted with her co-star, Sam Claflin.
In 2016, she then came back to act in another TV series, The Last Tycoon, which was followed by her acting in movies Rules Don’t Apply (2016) and To The Bone (2017).
Lily then continued her acting career by starring in a BBC series, Les Misérables (2018), and portrayed Fantine, a role that gave her a lot of praises from movie critics.
And finally, started from 2020, she successfully star in the Netflix series, Emily in Paris, as Emily Cooper.
- Real Name: Lily Jane Collins
- Stage Name: Lily Collins
- Nickname: Lily
- Birthday: March 18, 1989
- Birthplace: Guildford, Surrey, England
- Zodiac Sign: Pisces
- Nationality: British-American
- Height: 165 cm (5’5″)
- Weight: 52 kg (114 lbs)
- Blood Type: –
- Religion: –
- Profession: Actress, Model
- Education: Harvard-Westlake School, University of Southern California (majored in broadcast journalism)
- Hobbies: Water skiing, Camping
- Parents: Phil Collins (father), Jill Tavelman (mother)
- Siblings: Nicholas (brother), Joely (sister), Simon (brother)
- Husband: Charlie McDowell (Married 2021)
- Facebook: Lily Collins Official
- Twitter: @lilycollins
- Instagram: @lilyjcollins
- TikTok: –
- YouTube: –
- Phil Collins, her father, is a musician.
- Her mother worked as a former president of the Beverly Hills Women’s club.
- She has a Canadian descent from her grandfather.
- Her parents were divorced in 1996 when she was just 6 years old.
- Lily moved to Los Angeles after her parents’ divorce with her mother.
- When she moved to LA, she was bullied because she had British accent.
- Lily is now a bidialectal.
- In 2007, she once became a debutante in Paris at the Bal des débutantes.
- Lily once suffered from an eating disorder.
- She had published a book, Unfiltered: No Shame, No Regrets, Just Me.
- During her free time, she enjoys water skiing.
- She is very private about her relationship because she was inspired by her parents’ divorce.
- Lily loves outdoor activities.
- Her ideal type is…
- Her net worth is around $25 million.
- Windfall (2022), as wife
- Mank (2020), as Rita Alexander
- Inheritance (2020), as Lauren Monroe
- Tolkien (2019), as Edith Bratt
- Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile (2019), as Liz Kendall
- A Wizard’s Tale (2018), as Princess Dawn (voice)
- The Dig (2017), as Zoe (short movie)
- Okja (2017), as Red
- To the Bone (2017), as Ellen
- Rules Don’t Apply (2016), as Marla Mabrey
- Love, Rosie (2014), as Rosie Dunne
- The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones (2013), as Clary Fray
- The English Teacher (2013), as Halle Anderson
- Stuck in Love. (2012), as Samantha Borgens
- Mirror Mirror (2012), as Snow White
- Abduction (2011), as Karen
- Priest (2011), as Lucy Pace
- The Blind Side (2009), as Collins Tuohy
- Tarzan (1999), as Baby Ape (voice)
- Curb Your Enthusiasm (HBO | 2021), as Lily Collins
- Emily in Paris (Netflix | 2020-2021), as Emily Cooper
- Calls (Apple TV+ | 2021), as Camila
- Les Misérables (BBC | 2018-2019), as Fantine
- The Last Tycoon (Amazon Prime | 2016-2017), as Celia Brady
- 90210 (The CW | 2009), as Phoebe Abrams
Music Video Appearances
- Save Me Tonight (2019) – ARTY
- Claudia Lewis (2013) – M83
- Hollywood Film Awards 2016 – New Hollywood Awards – Rules Don’t Apply
- Primetime Emmy Awards 2021 – Outstanding Comedy Series – Emily in Paris
- Golden Globes 2021 – Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series (Musical or Comedy) – Emily in Paris
- Golden Globes 2017 – Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture (Musical or Comedy) – Rules Don’t Apply
- Teen Choice Awards 2014 – Choice Movie Actress: Action Adventure – The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones
- Teen Choice Awards 2012 – Choice Movie Actress: Sci-Fi/Fantasy – Mirror Mirror
“To look into that persons eyes and find yourself so completely lost in another world, a world full of absolute comfort and happiness.”
“I’m not against Twitter or Facebook. I’m not against anything. Never say never.”
“I’m not one to hide anything, but I don’t feel the need to comment directly on [my relationships]…I think it would be a shame to not live in the moment and not enjoy everything that’s happening in fear of other people’s opinions.”
“But the thing is, I was never looking at a strategic way of gaining fame. That’s not why I’m doing this.”
“I don’t like reading things that people say on the Internet because I know so much of it is not true. I don’t want to waste my time worrying about what other people are thinking. I just want to focus on being able to do cool projects.”
“Life works in mysterious ways but when you find your inner glow is back and shining brighter, you know it’s right.”
“Decisions are the endless uncertainties of life that we’ll not know if they’re right until the very end, so do the best you can and hope its right.”
“I had some difficult times when I first moved to Los Angeles when people would tell me I was saying things wrong. I felt different although my mum kept reminding me it was OK to be different.”
“In the end when you accept yourself for who you are and you work with what you’ve got, you couldn’t be more beautiful because you’re confident and everyone notices.”
“When your whole being is attracted to someone else’s whole being, then I think that is someone you were meant to be connected with at some point.”
Lily Collins’ acting skill is very awesome. She is expressive, amazing, and has a good nature. Good job, Lily!