Liu Yifei was born in Wuhan, China but moved to New York, US at ten years old. In 2002, she returned to China to pursue a career in the entertainment industry.
Several weeks after returning, she got accepted to Beijing Film Academy in Performance Institute.
Before even graduating, this young girl has received numerous acting offers. She made her debut in 2003 with the TV series The Story of a Noble Family.
The series turned out be a commercial success and launched her into stardom.
In the next years, Yifei continued to star in more hit series. She starred in Demi-Gods and Semi-Devils (2003) and Chinese Paladin (2005).
The latter gave her an acclaimed performance and further solidified her fame in China.
After achieving major success in television, this actress moved into the big screen. She made her Hollywood debut in the 2007 film The Forbidden Kingdom.
She then went on to star in Love in Disguise (2010), A Chinese Ghost Story (2011), and The Assassins (2012).
In 2017, Yifei got the role as Mulan in the Disney live action movie. The film was later released in 2020. Although the film got mixed reviews, it still helped her gain international recognition.
- Real Name: An Feng (SC-安风TC-安風), changed to Liu Ximeizi (SC-刘茜美子/TC-劉茜美子)
- Stage Name: Liu Yifei (SC-刘亦菲/TC-劉亦菲)
- Korean Real Name: Ahn Poong (안풍), legalized to Yu Seo-mija (유서미자)
- Korean Stage Name: Yu Yeok Bi (유역비)
- English Name: Crystal Liu Yifei
- Nickname: Fairy Sister
- Birthday: August 25, 1987
- Birthplace: Wuhan, Hubei, China
- Zodiac Sign: Virgo
- Chinese zodiac: Rabbit.
- Nationality: Chinese
- Height: 170 cm (5’7″)
- Weight: 50 kg (110 lbs)
- Blood Type: B
- Religion: –
- Profession: Actress
- Education: Beijing Film Academy
- Hobbies: Collecting Swarovski crystal, Chatting online with fans
- Parents: An Shaokang (安少康) (father), Liu Xiaoli (刘晓莉) (mother)
- Sibling: –
- Boyfriend: Seung Heon Song (2015-2018)
- Facebook: –
- Twitter: –
- Instagram: @yifei_cc
- Tiktok: –
- Youtube: –
- Weibo: liuyifeiofficial
- Yifei was born with the name An Feng, following her father’s surname An.
- Her father was a first Secretary in the Chinese Embassy in France and a professor of French language.
- She’s got a mother who was a dancer and stage performer.
- Her parents then got divorced when she was ten years old.
- Afterwards, she was raised only by her mother.
- She changed her name to Liu Ximeizi, with Liu being her mother’s surname.
- This actress doesn’t have any sibling.
- She can play the piano.
- She has started singing, dancing, and modeling since very young.
- The woman from Wuhan has a dual citizenship because of her move to the US.
- She can speak Mandarin, Japanese, and English.
- She loves playing tennis.
- Her favorite actors are Audrey Hepburn, Brad Pitt, and Vivien Leigh.
- She has a music career after signing with Sony Music Entertainment in 2005.
- She has released the album Liu Yifei (2006) and All My Words (2006).
- Her most favorite artists are Namie Amuro, Faye Wong, and Mika Nakashima.
- She loves the film Roman Holiday (1953) and Breakfast at Tiffany’s (1961).
- This actress likes Barbie dolls.
- She loves collecting Swarovski crystal.
- Yifei enjoys chatting with her fans online.
- She likes wearing casual or sporty clothing.
- She’s got the nickname Fairy Sister for having innocent, delicate, and sweet image.
- This top actress has been in numerous controversies.
- She was accused of supporting police brutality in 2019.
- She was criticized for saying she’s Asian instead of Chinese.
- Yifei was in relationship with South Korean actor Seung Heon Song in 2015 until 2018.
- Her ideal type is…
Pics of Liu Yifei
1. Yifei has such a soft and beautiful look
2. This red dress really brings out her beauty
3. She is having her make up done
4. Love the pose with these sunglasses
5. Yifei is like an ice princess
Since the very beginning of her career, Liu Yifei has shown massive talent in acting. She has grown into an international sensation and will surely keep getting bigger.