Already loves hip-hop and freestyling since he was just 14 years old, Bryson Potts or well-known as NLE Choppa took music seriously one year later.
In March 2018, he debuted as a singer and released his first single, No Love Anthem, under the stage name of YNR Choppa.
Four months later, on July 22, 2018, this wellness lover made another release of his masterpiece, a mixtape entitled No Love the Takeover.
He gained popularity at the end of 2018 when he made an opening appearance for No Chorus Pt. 3 by Shotta Fam. Many people praised his flexible and breathtaking dance in that video.
NLE Choppa managed his increasing popularity by releasing Shotta Flow, a single of him whose video got 10 million views just in one month.
Followed by his success, later Shotta Flow got into the 96th position for the 2019 Billboard Hot 100 and finally got into the 36th position.
He continued his masterpiece and released Shotta Flow 2, the sequel of the song, in February 2019, followed by Birdboy (April), Blocc Is Hot (May), and Free YoungBoy (June).
NLE Choppa released his own debut EP, Cottonwood, by the end of 2019, on December 20.
Several months later, he did a collaboration with Lil Baby in his song, Narrow Road, on July 30, 2020. As always, this song got more popularity exceeding his expectation.
He finally made his second album release, Me vs. Me, on January 21, 2022.
- Real Name: Bryson Lashun Potts
- Stage Name: NLE Choppa
- Nickname: YNR Choppa, Baby Mexico, Awakened Choppa, Top Shotta
- Birthday: November 1, 2002
- Birthplace: Memphis, Tennesee, United States
- Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
- Nationality: American
- Height: –
- Weight: –
- Blood Type: –
- Religion: –
- Profession: Rapper
- Education: Cordova High School
- Hobbies: Freestyling, Listening to music
- Parents: Angela Potts (mother)
- Sibling: –
- Girlfriend: Yung Blasian, Marissa Da’Nae
- Children: 2
- Facebook: –
- Twitter: @Nlechoppa1
- Instagram: @nlechoppamusic
- TikTok: @nlechoppamusic
- YouTube: NLE CHOPPA Official
- His manager is his own mother.
- After his daughter was born in 2020, NLE Choppa said he wanted to change to be a better person for his daughter.
- NLE Choppa loves to get into a holistic and healthy lifestyle after he suffered from his depression.
- He practices gardening and veganism.
- He often writes his depression into music.
- He often meditates to cope with his mental health issues.
- NLE Choppa said that becoming a young entertainer got a lot of pressure.
- He was once banned from Instagram back in 2020.
- He said that when he was banned from Instagram, it made him feel grounded.
- He spent some time in juvenile jail, but he said those times made him be a better person and help him to see things from another perspective.
- He was into a legal issue for drug, burglary, and also weapon charges.
- He also was in a fight located in Santa Monica.
- NLE Choppa once helped a girl with cancer for her treatment in 2021.
- He loves to freestyle.
- His rap style is very energetic and animated.
- His stage name, “NLE”, stands for No Love Entertainment.
- He got his best advice from Stevie Wonder who told him to keep working for things that he loves.
- His favorite genre is reggae.
- He loves to do charity work.
- NLE Choppa would love to study business in Florida.
- He loves his mother so much and said that she is his best supporter for him.
- His ideal type is…
- His net worth is around $3 million.
NLE Choppa has already been facing a lot of ups and downs throughout his career. Even so, he always learns from his mistakes to grow to be a better person.