Alicia Keys started her love for music when she was a child. She performed at her school production and received lessons in classical piano.
Her career began when a music manager Jeff Robinson discovered her. He brought Alicia to sign a contract with Columbia Records. She co-wrote a soundtrack for the movie Men in Black.
However, she moved to J Records. she performed her debut single on Oprah Winfrey’s show titled Fallin in 2001 and it reached #1 on the Billboard Hot 100.
She also released her debut album called Songs in A Minor in the same year and it had sold over 6 million copies worldwide.
It led her to win five awards at the 2002 Grammy Awards. Some of them are Song of the Year, Best R&B Song, and Best New Artist.
In 2007, she made her movie debut in the Smokin’ Aces, along with Ben Affleck.
The next year, she starred in The Secret Life of Bees and earned a nomination from NAACP Image Awards as Outstanding Supporting Actress.
Throughout her career, she had received many reputable awards, such as BET Awards, Billboard Music Awards, and American Music Awards.
Read more: T-Raww – Biography, Profile, Facts & Career
- Full name: Alicia J. Augello-Cook
- Stage name: Alicia Keys
- Nickname: Lellow
- Born: January 25, 1981, in New York, USA
- Nationality: American
- Religion: –
- Profession: Singer, songwriter, actress
- Education: Professional Performing Arts School
- Hobbies: Cooking and watching movies
- Parents: Craig Cook (Father) and Terria Joseph (Mother)
- Sibling: Cole Cook
- Husband: Swizz Beatz
- Facebook: @aliciakeys
- Twitter: @aliciakeys
- Instagram: @aliciakeys
- TikTok: @aliciakeys
- YouTube: Alicia Keys Official
- Beaches and Set It Off are her favorite movies.
- Bianca Jagger is her inspiration for fashion style.
- Alicia loves blue and purple.
- Her go-to book is The Island Beneath the Sea written by Isabel Allende.
- John Mayer and Mariah Carey are her good friends.
- She started playing piano when she was 7.
- When she was 14, she wrote her initial song.
- At the age of 16, she enrolled at Columbia University but dropped out.
- People magazine mentioned Alicia as Breakthrough Stars in 2001.
- She won four categories at the 2002 Billboard R&B/Hip-Hop Awards.
- Following the 9/11 attacks, Alicia performed a benefit concert.
- The next year, People magazine also listed her in its 50 Most Beautiful People list.
- She also co-founded a nonprofit organization for the HIV/AIDS community with Leigh Blake in 2004.
- In 2005, FHM magazine placed Keys #95 in the 100 Sexiest Women in the World list.
- Alicia performed at Lice 8 concerts to raise awareness of Africa poverty.
- In 2010, she married an American hip-hop artist Swizz Beatz.
- His first son, Egypt Daoud Dean, was born in the same year.
- Time magazine listed her as one of the 100 Most Influential People in 2017.
- Variety awarded her as Power of Women in 2018.
- In 2019, Alicia won the Innovator Award from iHeartRadio Music Awards.
- The Girl on Fire singer hosted the 2019 and 2020 Grammy Awards.
- Her ideal type is…
Read more: Halsey – Biography, Profile, Facts & Career
Pics of Alicia Keys
1. The black suit makes her look masculine
2. This sporty look is fresh!
3. Alicia is always passionate about music
4. What are you thinking, Alicia?
5. Her side profile is amazing!
Alicia Keys’ hard work has been paid off. It is because she has always been true to her musical identity.