Despite being born in South Korea, Bang Chan spent most of his childhood in Australia. There, he took some dancing classes including ballet and modern dance.
At the age of 13, Chan passed a local audition in Australia to join JYP Entertainment.
He then moved back to Korea to train under the agency. He trained for 7 years but didn’t seem to have the chance of debuting.
In 2016, this Libra man formed a hip hop trio with Han and Changbin. The trio named 3RACHA uploaded their first untitled mixtape to Soundcloud in January 2018.
Over the years, they continued to shared more EP to the platform.
All members of 3RACHA then joined 6 other trainees for a survival show in August 2017. The group named Stray Kids had to worked together in a trainees vs JYP type of show.
At the end, all 9 members earned their debut as a group with Chan acted as the leader. 3RACHA also remained together as a sub-unit.
This talented singer officially made his debut with Stray Kids on March 2018. They released their debut EP I Am Not.
Prior to that, they had also released pre-debut EP Mixtape containing some songs performed in the reality show.
The group got massive attention with the release of their first studio album Go Live in June 2020. It became their best selling album, debuting on top of Gaon Album Chart.
Go Live also earned the Platinum Certification from Gaon Chart, for selling over 250.000 copies by August 2020.
- Real Name: Christopher Bang
- Stage Name: Bang Chan
- Nickname: Kangaroo, Koala
- Birthday: October 3, 1997
- Birthplace: Seoul, South Korea
- Zodiac Sign: Libra
- Nationality: Korean-Australian
- Position: Leader, Producer, Vocalist, Dancer, Rapper
- Sub-Unit: 3RACHA
- Representative Animal: Wolf
- Height: 171 cm (5’7″)
- Weight: 65 kg (143 lbs)
- Blood Type: O
- Religion: Christian
- Profession: Singer
- Education: Newtown High School of the Performing Arts, Cheongdam High School
- Hobbies: Playing sports
- Parents: –
- Sibling: –
- Girlfriend: –
- Facebook: –
- Twitter: –
- Instagram: –
- Tiktok: –
- Youtube: –
- Spotify: Stray Kids’ Leader Bang Chan’s Playlist
- Bang Chan has a younger sister and brother. Their names are Hannah and Lucas.
- He went to the same high school with Seungmin.
- This Kpop star has a dog named Berry. It’s a King Charles Spaniel.
- His personality type is ENFJ-T.
- Ever since he was a child, Bang Chan has dreamed of becoming a singer so he can make others have a good time.
- He moved house five times while living in Australia. He lived in Strathfield, Drummoyne, Enfield, Belmore, and Greenacre.
- His father owned a swimming club in Sydney so Bang Chan used to swim a lot as a child.
- At eight years old, he broke the record for freestyle swim in his school’s swimming carnival.
- He used the name CB97 while being in 3RACHA.
- His charming point is the dimples that would appear when he smiles.
- This talented singer has naturally curly/wavy hair.
- He can speak Korean, English, Japanese, and a bit of Chinese.
- He thinks in English and Korean.
- The man from Seoul has many friends in LA.
- He can run quite fast.
- He already got his driving license.
- This Libra man has helped with the production of some songs.
- He likes autumn best out of all the seasons.
- He prefers sunny days than rainy ones.
- Bang Chan loves listening to Drake’s songs.
- One of his favorite foods is chicken.
- He wears Versace Eros perfume.
- He uses Gillette to shave.
- This Stray Kids leader used to share a room with Changbin and Felix.
- If he could choose any roomates, he would still pick Changbin.
- In the new dorm, his roommates are Hyunjin, Lee Know, and Seungmin.
- In the dorm, Bang Chan is responsible in cooking for the other members.
- He is the busiest member of the group. He does lots of music editing to match the choreography.
- At first, Woojin saw him as someone’s cold.
- He prefers to have planned trips rather than spontaneous ones.
- The man born in 1997 would like to go bungee jumping while on vacation.
- He doesn’t like watching movies alone during vacation.
- He has the ability to rotate his hand to 360 degrees.
- Bang Chan used to train with members from TWICE, GOT7, and DAY6.
- He is close to Jackson, Yugyeom, BamBam of GOT7, Jimin from 15&, and Sana of TWICE.
- He sees himself as someone’s very independent, who can do things alone.
- In 2011 trainee showcase, this idol performed with BamBam of GOT7 and Chaeyoung of TWICE.
- He was in TWICE’s music video Like Ooh Ahh and Miss A’s Only You music video.
- His motto is “Just enjoy”.
- He would like to be an actor or athlete if he wasn’t part of Stray Kids.
- Bang Chan looks up to Christiano Ronaldo, Drake, and also his father.
- He doesn’t really have an ideal type.
Pics of Bang Chan
1. Bang Chan looks amazing even in such simple outfits
2. He is always so happy when performing
3. He has an adorable smile
4. His street style is also really cool
5. Bang Chan with his curly hair
Bang Chan is an amazing leader to his fellow Stray Kids members. He is very talented in his craft.