Cardi B started her career when her videos on Vine and Instagram went viral. Then, she joined the television series Love & Hip Hop: New York.
In November 2015, she published two mixtapes, Gangsta Bitch Music, Vol. 1 & Vol. 2, and signed a contract with Atlantic Records in 2017.
Eventually, she released her debut single titled Bodak Yellow in June 2017.
The single peaked at number one and stayed on the top for three weeks.
The song received platinum certifications from the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) and led her to Best Rap Performance and Best Rap Song nominations at the 2018 Grammy Awards.
Her debut album, Invasion of Privacy, was her quantum leap. Popular media like Variety and The New York Times even named it one of the most impactful debuts in this millennium.
She then featured with other famous singers such as Maroon 5 for Girls Like You, also Bad Bunny and J Balvin for I Like It.
She continued to break the record as a female rapper. She brought six awards at the 2019 Billboard Music Awards, became the most streamed female artist in Spotify U.S in the same year, and the first female rapper that won Songwriter of the Year at the 2019 ASCAP award.
- Full name: Belcalis Marlenis Almanzar
- Stage name: Cardi B
- Nickname: Bacardi, Cardi, Bardi
- Born: October 11, 1992 in New York City, New York, United States
- Nationality: American
- Religion: Catholic
- Profession: Rapper, Songwriter
- Education: High School for Musical Theater & Technology
- Hobbies: Studying political science,
- Parents: Carlos Almanzar (Father) and “Dominican woman” (Mother)
- Sibling: Hennessy Carolina
- Husband: Offset
- Instagram: @iamcardib
- YouTube: Cardi B Official
- Facebook: @therealcardib
- Twitter: @iamcardib
- Her trademarks are Bronx accent and unfiltered personality.
- Cardi’s favorite singers are Lady Gaga and Madonna.
- Her stage name was originated from the rum, Bacardi.
- She is extremely protective of her parents.
- Cardi is a fast-food lover.
- Her bedazzled nails can take three hours to finish.
- When she was a teenager, the Taki Taki singer worked as a cashier at Amish Market.
- After being fired, the woman worked as a stripper at a New York club.
- However, she lied to her mother about the job. Bacardi told she was working as a babysitter.
- Cardi had her first plastic surgery at the age of 19.
- In 2017, she was secretly married to her boyfriend, Offset.
- Kulture Kiari Cephus, her daughter with Offset, was born in 2018.
- During the 2018 New York Fashion Week, she made controversy by throwing one of her high heels to Nicki Minaj.
- In the same year, she appeared as the first female rapper on Vogue cover.
- She got 12 nominations at the 2018 MTV Video Music Awards including Best New Artist, Song of Summer, and Best Collaboration that she won.
- Jennifer Lopez asked her to join her film Hustlers in 2019. Then, she said that Cardi was very natural for the character.
- Cardi B co-hosted an episode of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon in February 2019.
- The Rodeo singer became Balenciaga’s face for their campaign for the winter 2020 season.
- During the coronavirus pandemic, she partnered with Fashion Nova and donated 1 million USD through a giveaway.
- Her ideal type is…
Pics of Cardi B
1. The combination of her brown dress and black coat is gorgeous!
2. Cardi B with her expensive car
3. What do you think of her all-black outfit?
4. Meanwhile, she wears a white dress with golden details here
5. This style makes her look like a superwoman
Cardi B’s path to success was tough. However, she proves that her talent and breaks records as a female rapper!