Demi Lovato’s first appearance was when she joined Barney and Friends in 2002. She started gaining fame as she took a leading role in Camp Rock as Mitchie Torres series.
She also held Demi Live! Warm Up Tour, After that, the singer produced her first album Don’t Forget. The album was sold more than 500,000 copies.
The next year, she played as a princess in Princess Protection Program with Selena Gomez. She also has her own TV show named Sonny with a Chance in 2009.
It made her one of Disney’s brightest stars. In the same year, she released her second album named Here We Go Again and had a tour with The Jonas Brothers.
However, she had physical issues and took a break. She made a comeback with a new album, Unbroken, whose lead single is Skyscraper.
This single was then awarded by the 2012 MTV Video Music Awards as the Best Video With a Message.
The singer continued producing best-selling albums including Demi and Confident. Even though she has suffered from mental illnesses like depression and schizophrenia, Demi’s talent in the entertainment industry remains to shine.
She received nominations from respected music awards, like Grammy Awards and iHeartRadio Music Awards.
- Full name: Demetria Devonne Lovato
- Stage name: Demi Lovato
- Nickname: Demi
- Born: August 20, 1992 in New Mexico, USA
- Nationality: American
- Religion: Christian
- Profession: Singer, songwriter, actress
- Education: Grapevine High School
- Hobbies: Trying martial arts, photography
- Parents: Patrick Lovato (Father) and Dianna Hart de la Garza (Mother)
- Sibling: Dallas Lovato, Madison De La Garza
- Boyfriend: –
- Instagram: @ddlovato
- YouTube: Demi Lovato
- Facebook: @DemiLovato
- Twitter: @ddlovato
- Her trademarks are brunette hair, brown eyes, and a huge smile.
- Demi is pianist and guitar player.
- Kelly Clarkson is her role model.
- She also credits Christina Aguilera and Whitney Houston as her musical influence.
- Her favorite foods are cashews and choco chip cookies.
- 48 Hours is her number one TV show.
- She has her own video game named Path to Fame.
- Her Camp Rock co-stars including Jasmine Richards and Meaghan Martin are her good friends.
- Selena Gomez is her bestfriend since their first encounter in Barney & Friends.
- The singer graduated a year early from high school in 2009.
- In 2010, she received professional help for bulimia and anorexia.
- She also talked about her bipolar disorder in 2011.
- In 2012, she won the Favorite Pop Artist from People’s Choice Award.
- In May 2012, she became one of the judges and mentors in The X Factor with Simon Cowell, L.A. Reid, and Britney Spears.
- However, she refused to continue due to her self-harming trauma and bulimia.
- Her father passed away due to cancer in 2013, and she released a song titled Father.
- In 2017, UNICEF announced Demi Lovato as their Goodwill Ambassador, along with another famous singer, Shakira.
- Sadly, in 2018, the Confident singer had a drug overdose. Luckily, she received fast emergency services.
- During the coronavirus outbreak, Demi donated over 125,000 USD for frontline workers.
- Max Ehrich became her fiancé from July to September 2020.
1. A mirror selfie from Demi
2. What do you think of her short hair?
3. The Queen is in a black dress!
4. Demi Lovato’s selfie looks so chic
5. The red leather jacket is fabulous on her
Demi Lovato never gives up on her passion even though she has mental health issues. We know she can fight it and flame the spirit!