Selena Gomez is an American actress, singer, and songwriter. Her name became famous after being casted as Alex Russo in Wizards of Waverly Place.
Selena Gomez started her first on-screen project with Barney & Friends in 1992, she played as Gianna.
Her name became popular when she joined Disney for Wizards of Waverly Place as Alex Russo in 2007.
Gomez won many awards such as Young Artist Award and Teen Choice Awards from her role in that series.
She continued becoming a Disney actress on Another Cinderella Story and Princess Protection Program.
At the age of 16, Selena signed a contract with Hollywood Records and formed a pop-rock band Selena Gomez & The Scene. Their album debut ranked #9 on Billboard 200.
In 2012, she released her solo debut album, with the main single Come & Get It. This became the Top 10 Billboard Hot 100.
After releasing her first number one debut album, Stars Dance, Selena Gomez held a tour in 2013.
Even though she has struggled with lupus and other mental health issues, she remains to shine by producing hit songs like Wolves, Lose You to Love Me, and Same Old Love.
Despite her hiatus, Selena’s acting career also remained under the spotlight. She had taken a role in a movie titled A Rainy Day in New York, also Hotel Transylvania and Dolittle as the voice over.
Read more: Shawn Mendes – Biography, Profile, Facts & Career
- Full name: Selena Marie Gomez
- Stage name: Selena Gomez
- Nickname: Selly, Sel, Selenita
- Birthday: July 22, 1992
- Birthplace: Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
- Nationality: American
- Religion: Catholic
- Profession: Singer, Actress, Songwriter
- Education: Homeschooling
- Hobbies: Cooking, dancing, swimming
- Facebook: @Selena
- Twitter: @selenagomez
- Instagram: @selenagomez
- TikTok: selenagomez
- YouTube: Selena Gomez Official
Height, Weight, Physical Appearance
- Height: 165 cm (5’5″)
- Weight: 59 kg (130 lb)
- Blood Type: –
- Hair Color: Black
- Eye Color: Dark Brown
- Body Measurements: 36-28-35 (Bust 36, Waist 28, and Hips 35 in inches)
- Shoe Size: 7 (US)
- Dress Size: 6 (US)
- Father: Ricardo Joel Gomez
- Mother: Mandy Teefey
- Brother: –
- Sister: Victoria Gomez, Gracie Elliot Teefey
Boyfriend & Dating History
Selena Gomez and Nick Jonas had a relationship back in 2008. The relationship was confirmed after Gomez starring in Jonas Brother’s music video Burnin’ Up.
They had an on and off relationship for two years until they parted ways in 2010. Years after the break up, Gomez said that the relationship was like puppy love as it was sweet.
Selena Gomez and Taylor Lautner had a brief relationship with actor Taylor Lautner in 2009. The romance happened after Gomez was break up for the first time with Nick Jonas.
The two met through Lautner co-star Kristen Stewart and they two would go for dinner and lunch together.
Among her relationship, the most notable one by the public might be when she dated Canadian singer Justin Bieber.
The rumor of their relationship began in 2010 and in the early next year, they were spotted kissing at a yacht in St.Lucia.
In February, they made a public appearance together since the rumor and went on to confirm the rumor in May of the same year.
In 2012, they went through a break up before coming back together in 2013. They were dating just fine until 2015 when Bieber confirmed that they had broken up for.
The relationship between the two Hollywood stars happened on and off because after their break up, the two reunited again in 2017 but it was for the last time as Justin Bieber married his wife Hailey Bieber in September 2018.
During the break between Gomez and Bieber’s relationship, rarely did Gomez spend time as a single woman.
In 2014, there’s a rumor that she was closed with actor Orlando Bloom and they were spotted together in Los Angeles.
The rumor just passed by and when Bloom dated singer Katy Perry, she tweeted that the rumor was a dumb conspiracy in which Gomez retweeted the tweet.
In early 2015, Selena Gomez and DJ Zedd were spotted together holding hands at the Golden Globes party.
This sparked rumor that the two were dating. Responding to the rumor, Gomez confirmed it and she said that she has a thing for Zedd.
The relationship only lasted for a few months and they were going on their separate ways.
An ex-member of One Direction, Niall Horan had been a close friend with Selena Gomez. However, fans were curious if their relationship was more than a closed friend.
They were spotted several times going on dates in 2015 but Gomez denied that they had romantic feelings for each other.
At the same time the rumor she was dating Niall Horan sparked, she also rumored to have a romance with Samuel Krost.
They were spotted hanging out together a few times and even held hands. However, on Valentine’s Day 2016, through her Instagram, Gomez said that she was single.
When Selena Gomez released the collaboration song We Don’t Talk Anymore with Charlie Puth in 2016, there’s also a rumor that there’s a romance between them.
Gomez never confirmed the rumor, however Puth hinted that there’s something happening between them and the relationship was messed him up.
After rumor going around that Selena Gomez dated The Weeknd, they were spotted went vacation together in Italy.
In early 2017, Gomez confirmed that they were dating through her Instagram. Their relationship was a passionate one and they made public appearances at Met Gala.
But things mean to end and their relationship also comes to and end in October 2017. They said that break up in good terms and the different schedule was the reason for their break up.
In early 2023, Selena Gomez was spotted hanging out with Chainsmokers’s DJ Drew Taggart. They were spotted having fun together in New York City.
Whether they were seeing each other or not is still in question as neither party confirms nor denies the rumor.
However, Gomez makes a post on her Instagram saying that she likes being alone and that she is single.
Selena Gomez’s net worth is around $95 million. She earned her wealth from music, acting, producing, and also brand endorsements.
Selena Gomez might not be actively releasing music or going on tour, however, the income still flows into her pocket as she did tour before.
Her Revival tour in 2016 grossed an estimated $13 million and it surely a great number considering she always chose a smaller venue.
Selena Gomez’s salary for acting in each movie might vary, however, she has been playing movies since she teenager.
When she starred in Wizards of Waverly Place, she got paid about $25,000 to $30,000 episode.
In her newest series Only Murders In the Building that aired in 2022, her co-star got paid $600,000 per episode.
It is likely that Gomez’s salary is also at the same range as her co-star in Only Murders In the Building.
- She has suffered from lupus.
- Her mom gave birth to Selena when she was 16 years old.
- Johnny Depp, Britney Spears, and Lady Sovereign are her idols.
- “Grateful” is Selena’s favorite word.
- Selenita’s comfort food is dumplings and chicken. Yet, she uses Miso soup to impress.
- She thinks Natalie Portman is the most fashionable woman.
- Selena seems regularly to take a social media break. It’s her time to reflect and be present.
- Some of her exes are Nick Jonas, Justin Bieber, DJ Zedd, and The Weeknd.
- Her best friends are Taylor Swift, David Henrie, Francia Raisa, and Courtney Barry.
- In 2009, UNICEF chose her as their ambassador. At that time, Selena was 17 and became the youngest one there!
- She received the title of the Sexiest Female Artist in the 2010 Hollywood Teen TV Awards.
- Between 2009 and 2012, Selena Gomez, Jonas Brothers, Demi Lovato, and Miley Cyrus became the face of Disney’s Friends for Change. They released the charity single Send it On.
- Her music video for the single Come & Get It is Bollywood inspired.
- In 2013, Selena filmed Getaway. Due to the role in that movie, was nominated for The Worst Actress in 34th Golden Raspberry Awards.
- After being diagnosed with lupus in 2015 and canceled her tour.
- The American Music Awards 2016 is her first appearance after taking a break and focusing on her rehabilitation. There, she won Favorite Pop/Rock Female Artist.
- She got a kidney transplant in 2017 from her best friend, Francia Raisa.
- In August 2017, she took a break from the media spotlight to cope with her panic attacks, depression, and anxiety. Those are common symptoms of lupus.
- She is the executive producer of Netflix’s production series, 13 Reasons Why.
- Selena said she also got a bipolar diagnosis.
- If her popularity as a singer were put to an end, she would be a chef. She has her cooking show Selena + Chef during the quarantine in 2020.
- Her neighbor in Los Angeles’ house is the famous make-up YouTuber, James Charles.
- In February, 2023, in a live TikTok video, she announced that he was taking a break from social media. Several years earlier, she had also taken a break from social media.
- Her ideal type is a man who is laid back and not worried about how to look cool.
Read more: Timothée Chalamet – Biography, Profile, Facts & Career
- Hotel Transylvania (2022), as Mavis Dracula
- Dolittle (2020), as Betsy
- A Rainy Day in New York (2019), Chan Tyrell
- The Dead Don’t Die (2019), as Zoe
- Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation (2018), as Mavis Dracula
- Puppy! (2017), as Mavis Dracula
- In Dubious Battle (2016), Lisa London
- Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising (2016), as Madison
- The Fundamentals of Caring (2015), as Dot
- Hotel Transylvania 2 (2014), as Mavis Dracula
- Behaving Badly (2014), Nina Pennington
- Rudderless (2014), as Kate Ann Lucas
- Searching (2013), as Violet
- Girl Rising (2013), as Narrator
- Getaway (2013), as The Kid
- Hotel Transylvania (2012), as Mavis Dracula
- Spring Breakers (2012), as Faith
- Monte Carlo (2011), as Grace Ann Bennet/ Cordelia Winthrop Scott
- Arthur 3: The War of the Two Worlds (2010), as Princess Selenia
- Ramona and Beezus (2009), as Beatrice “Beezus” Quimby
- Arthur and the Revenge of Maltazard (2009), as Princess Selenia
- Horton Hears a Who! (2008), as Helga
- Another Cinderella Story (2008), as Mary Santiago
- Spy Kids 3D: Game Over (2003), as Water Park Girl
- Only Love in the Building (Hulu I 2021), as Mabel Mora
- Wizards of Waverly Place: The Movie (Disney Channel I 2009), as Alex Russo
- The Suite Life on Deck (Disney Channel I 2009), Episode Double-Crossed
- Princess Protection Program (Disney Channel I 2009), as Carter Mason
- Wizards of Waverly Place (Disney Channel I 2007), as Alex Russo
- Hanna Montana (Disney Channel I 2007), as Mikayla Skeech
- The Suite Life of Zack & Cody (Disney Channel I 2006), as Gwen
- Walker, Texas Ranger: Trial by Fire (Disney Channel I 2005), as Julie
- Barney & Friends (PBS I 2002), as Gianna
- Rare (2020)
- Revival (2015)
- Stars Dance (2013)
- When The Sun Goes Down (2011)
- A Year Without Rain (2010)
- Kiss & Tell (2009)
“Authenticity is my life.”
“I did gain weight, but I don’t care.”
“I just try to be the best I can, but I’m human.”
“You fall in love, and it completely consumes you.”
“If you are broken, you do not have to stay broken.”
“I love running away for a few months and creating a record.”
“I didn’t think I was doing anything bad by falling in love.”
“Nobody really knows everything, and they can only assume.”
“I have a weakness for anything savory or bad guys. Bad boys.”
“I don’t actually like dates. I get awkward as I never know what to do.”
“There’s nothing wrong with a woman being comfortable, confident.”
“I believe in second chances, but I don’t believe in third or fourth chances.”
“I believe in love – yes, I’m one of those girls. Most of my friends believe in love.”
“My fans are so important to me, and I would never want to disappoint them.”
“My attention span is all over the place, and I overthink things. I’m an insomniac.”
“It’s all about baby steps and trying to figure out how to slowly, elegantly become an adult.”
“I have a lot of wonderful people in my life – probably five, collectively – who I can tell everything to.”
“Success is nothing if you don’t have the right people to share it with; you’re just gonna end up lonely.”
“We only have one life, and it is very precious, and there’s a lot we can do, and there’s a lot we should do.”
“I want someone who can make me laugh and just be normal and understand my lifestyle and how I wanna live it.”
“If you have three people in your life that you can trust, you can consider yourself the luckiest person in the whole world.”
“I don’t like the whole off-and-on thing. I don’t like ‘taking a break.’ Either you’re with me, or you’re not. And that’s how I kind of deal.”
“I have my moments of insecurity and figuring out what’s going on and what I’m supposed to do, but if you don’t push yourself, you’re not growing, so where do you go?”
“I realize everybody wants what they don’t have. But at the end of the day, what you have inside is much more beautiful than what’s on the outside!”
“I’ve learned that I want what I deny. I want someone who is crazy about me, who treats me like a princess. I want the picture-perfect fairy tale stuff.”
“I think it’s healthy to gain a perspective on who you are deep down, question yourself, and challenge yourself; it’s important to do that.”
“I try to be professional; I try to be on time. I don’t take anything I have for granted. That’s my definition of success.”
“At the end of the day, I have to wash my face. I hate going to bed after a long day not washing my face. It’s something I’ve grown into. When I was younger, I didn’t care.”
“I would deactivate every single comment on any social media. You should be able to post what you want, say what you want, be what you want without anybody judging you.”
“I think life is very, very, very hard, and I’ve never had anything come super easy to me, no matter what people may think.”
“I’ve discovered that anxiety, panic attacks, and depression can be side effects of lupus, which can present their own challenges.”
“I don’t trust anyone… It’s something that I have to live with, and I have to find the balance of who I want in my life and who isn’t good for me.”
“I’m very emotional. When I went through my first breakup, I thought it was the end of the world, and I thought I was going to die if I didn’t have him in my life. It was good to cry it out and just scream, or call my friends in the middle of the night crying.”
“You reflect on the people who used to be in your life, and it’s like, ‘Wow, I can’t believe that person was ever really in my life.’ But people are put into your life for seasons, for different reasons, and to teach you lessons.”
“I maybe had a first love and had my heart broken, but reflecting on it, I don’t think that was love. I think as I’m getting older and having more in-depth relationships, maybe I’ll experience it. At the moment, I don’t know, exactly, if I’ve been in love.”
1. The make-up uses her brand, Rare Beauty. She looks gorgeous!
2. Even her side profile is charming
3. At first, Selena was afraid of showing her scars. However, she then gathers her confidence and is proud of it. So inspiring!
4. Selena Gomez wears a comfortable Christmas outfit. What about you?
5. Whatever pose she uses; she always kills it!
Selena Gomez’s journey inspires us that rough paths can’t be barriers to reach our dreams. We might sometimes need to rest, but we must not quit.