Selena Gomez started her first on-screen project with Barney & Friends in 1992, she played as Gianna.
Her name became popular when she joined Disney for Wizards of Waverly Place as Alex Russo in 2007.
Gomez won many awards such as Young Artist Award and Teen Choice Awards from her role in that series.
She continued becoming a Disney actress on Another Cinderella Story and Princess Protection Program.
At the age of 16, Selena signed a contract with Hollywood Records and formed a pop-rock band Selena Gomez & The Scene. Their album debut ranked #9 on Billboard 200.
In 2012, she released her solo debut album, with the main single Come & Get It. This became the Top 10 Billboard Hot 100.
After releasing her first number one debut album, Stars Dance, Selena Gomez held a tour in 2013.
Even though she has struggled with lupus and other mental health issues, she remains to shine by producing hit songs like Wolves, Lose You to Love Me, and Same Old Love.
Despite her hiatus, Selena’s acting career also remained under the spotlight. She had taken a role in a movie titled A Rainy Day in New York, also Hotel Transylvania and Dolittle as the voice over.
- Full name: Selena Marie Gomez
- Stage name: Selena Gomez
- Nickname: Selly, Sel, Selenita
- Born: July 22, 1992, in Texas, USA
- Nationality: American
- Religion: Catholic
- Profession: Singer, actress, songwriter
- Education: Homeschooling
- Hobbies: Cooking, dancing, swimming
- Parents: (Father) and (Mother)
- Sibling: Victoria Gomez, Gracie Elliot Teefey
- Boyfriend: –
- Facebook: @Selena
- Twitter: @selenagomez
- Instagram: @selenagomez
- TikTok: selenagomez
- YouTube: Selena Gomez Official
- She has suffered from lupus.
- Her mom gave birth to Selena when she was 16 years old.
- Johnny Depp, Britney Spears, and Lady Sovereign are her idols.
- “Grateful” is Selena’s favorite word.
- Selenita’s comfort food is dumplings and chicken. Yet, she uses Miso soup to impress.
- She thinks Natalie Portman is the most fashionable woman.
- Selena seems regularly to take a social media break. It’s her time to reflect and be present.
- Some of her exes are Nick Jonas, Justin Bieber, DJ Zedd, and The Weeknd.
- Her best friends are Taylor Swift, David Henrie, Francia Raisa, and Courtney Barry.
- In 2009, UNICEF chose her as their ambassador. At that time, Selena was 17 and became the youngest one there!
- She received the title of the Sexiest Female Artist in the 2010 Hollywood Teen TV Awards.
- Between 2009 and 2012, Selena Gomez, Jonas Brothers, Demi Lovato, and Miley Cyrus became the face of Disney’s Friends for Change. They released the charity single Send it On.
- Her music video for the single Come & Get It is Bollywood inspired.
- In 2013, Selena filmed Getaway. Due to the role in that movie, was nominated for The Worst Actress in 34th Golden Raspberry Awards.
- After being diagnosed with lupus in 2015 and canceled her tour.
- The American Music Awards 2016 is her first appearance after taking a break and focusing on her rehabilitation. There, she won Favorite Pop/Rock Female Artist.
- She got a kidney transplant in 2017 from her best friend, Francia Raisa.
- In August 2017, she took a break from the media spotlight to cope with her panic attacks, depression, and anxiety. Those are common symptoms of lupus.
- She is the executive producer of Netflix’s production series, Thirteen Reasons Why.
- Selena said she also got a bipolar diagnosis.
- If her popularity as a singer put to an end, she would be a chef. She has her cooking show Selena + Chef during the quarantine in 2020.
- Her neighbor in Los Angeles’ house is the famous make-up YouTuber, James Charles.
1. The make-up uses her brand, Rare Beauty. She looks gorgeous!
2. Even her side profile is charming
3. At first, Selena was afraid of showing her scars. However, she then gathers her confidence and is proud of it. So inspiring!
4. Selena Gomez wears a comfortable Christmas outfit. What about you?
5. Whatever pose she uses; she always kills it!
Selena Gomez’s journey inspires us that rough paths can’t be barriers to reach our dreams. We might sometimes need to rest, but we must not quit.