Federico Valverde is a Uruguayan professional football player. He was famous as an ace young player for Real Madrid.
Federico Valverde started showing off his talent in football while he was still in diapers. His parents enrolled him in the Union Students babies academy in Montevideo.
When he was 3, he scored his first goal in his unofficial matches against another academy Danube. Because he’s still under 6, he can’t play in official games and was often deployed as a mascot on bigger teams.
In 2003, when he was 5, he was able to play football in official games and helped his team gain a trophy.
In 2008, he was called to join a trial with Peñarol, but he was too shy and not moving from the tree after approaching gathering session.
It’s until a coaching staff, Nestor Goncalves, approaches Federico and tells him to play, he quickly runs and joins others. Thankfully, his talent got him enrolled in Penarol youth.
He made his debut with Peñarol in 2015-16 season in a matches against Cerro. In 2016, he was transferred to Real Madrid and secured a position in their youth team until he could debut in the main team.
He made his debut for Real Madrid in a game against Real Union and was praised by coach Santiago Solari. In 2017, wanting to has experienced in another place, he was loaned to Deportivo La Coruña for a year.
He makes his return to Real Madrid in 2018 and is immediately assigned to the main team while getting praised by coach Julen Lopetegui.
He lent his impressive skills not only to his club but also to his nation. He made his international debut for Uruguay in 2017 and also scored in his first international matches.
He was also listed as part of Uruguay’s team for the 2018 World Cup in Russia.
Read also: Toni Kroos – Biography, Age, Trivia, Family & Life Story
- Real Name: Federico Santiago Valverde Dipetta
- Stage Name: Federico Valverde
- Also Known As: –
- Nickname: Fede
- Birthday: July 22, 1998
- Birthplace: Montevideo, Uruguay
- Zodiac Sign: Cancer
- Nationality: Uruguayan
- Religion: Roman Catholic
- Profession: Professional Football Player
- Education: –
- Hobbies: –
- Position: Midfielder, Right Winger
Real Madrid (2018 – );
Deportivo La Coruña (loan) (2017 – 2018);
Real Madrid B (2016 – 2017);
Peñarol (2015 -2016)
- Facebook: –
- Twitter: –
- TikTok: –
- YouTube: –
Height, Weight, Physical Appearance
- Height: 180 cm (5’11”)
- Weight: 73 kg (160 lbs)
- Blood Type: –
- Hair Color: Brown
- Eye Color: Brown
- Body Measurements: –
- Shoe Size: –
- Father: Julio Valverde
- Mother: Doris Valverde
- Brother: Diego (Older brother)
- Sister: –
Wife, Girlfriend & Dating History
Federico Valverde and Argentinian presenter Mina Bonino dated since 2019. They kept their relationship from the public until 2019 when they posted their picture together through Instagram.
They have been together since and despite the age gap, they keep their relationship in great dynamic.
The couple were blessed with a baby called Benicio Valverde who was born on February 20, 2020. Not long after the baby was born, Valverde proposed to Bonino and they had a wedding in 2022.
Federico Valverde’s net worth is around $4 million. His main source of income was from his salary as a football player.
Federico Valverde has a contract with Real Madrid until 2027. From Real Madrid, he earns €160,000 per week. Meanwhile, while he was in Peñarol, he got paid £20 per week.
One of the notable assets owned by football players was their cars collection. As for Valverde, he owns several luxury cars like the BMW which is worth $56,000. He also has Range Rover Sport in his collection and Audi Q3 worth $42,000.
- Federico Valverde met his Idol, Diego Farlan while he still at the Peñarol Academy. When he graduated from the academy, they both played for Peñarol and helped the club secure the Primera Division 2015-16.
- When he goes on vacation, he prefers to go to the seaside and enjoys the scenery.
- He is someone who has gentle heart and avoid conflict outside the field as often as possible.
- In 2016, he suffered from breathing issues resulting in his voice also changing. It became one of the challenging moments for him as he spent most of the time with a phoniatrics doctor.
- When he transferred to Real Madrid, his club, Student of the Union Club received $11,300 as a settlement for his ascension.
- He won Silver Ball in the 2017 FIFA U-20 World Cup.
- In 2017, when participating in the FIFA U-20 World Cup in the matches against Portugal, he was caught in a racism controversy for using his fingers to make slant expressions. This action criticized by fans around the world.
- When he still in Peñarol, many European clubs has an eye of him and tried to sign him such as Barcelona, Arsenal, and Chelsea, but he ended up signed with Real Madrid.
- His ideal type is…
Read also: Kai Havertz – Biography, Age, Trivia, Family & Life Story
“I’ll keep running until my legs burst.”
“Our job is to do our bit so that Real Madrid win.”
“Zidane talks to you as if he was just a friend of yours. Every word he says you need to remember it because he’s not only a coach, he’s a world legend.”
“My role is to run as much as I can, my desire is to run until I can’t run anymore. I’ll keep running until my legs burst, and if I can score much better.”
“We compete but there are those good vibes that help you grow. When you play they go out of their way to give you support and good advice.”
“Nowadays, it’s not enough just to leave it to the forwards to do all they can to score. We need to attack and defend and if we can help them out by scoring, then that’s welcome.”
“I am a very quiet person. My life hasn’t changed much. I find happiness from giving everything to my son. Everyone is crazy about him that I have fallen into the background but the important thing is that he is well.”
Showing his desire for football since he was a baby and working through it until he was in European clubs was the result of his hard work and talent combined.