Jennie Kim, or popularly known as Jennie, is a Korean singer, rapper, model and actress.
She rose to prominence after debuting as a member of YG Entertainment’s girl group Blackpink. Her popularity is boosted furthermore by her debut as a solo singer with Solo (2019).
Jennie had studied in New Zealand for five years. She returned to South Korea in 2010.
Jennie first caught the public’s heart when her photo was posted on the YG Entertainment blog in 2012. In August of the same year, the agency announced that Jennie was their trainee.
Before Jennie debuted with BLACKPINK, she appeared in several music videos, such as That XX by G-Dragon.
In 2016, Jennie finally became the first member of BLACKPINK to be revealed. Their singles Boombayah and Whistle topping the South Korean music charts in a short time.
Two years later, Jennie debuted as a solo artist with her popular song, Solo. The song was a huge success both on a national and international scale.
- Real Name: Jennie Kim
- Stage Name: Jennie
- Nickname: Jendeuki, Jendeugi, Nini
- Birthdate: January 16, 1996
- Birthplace: Seoul, South Korea
- Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
- Nationality: South Korea
- Position: Main Rapper, Lead Vocalist (BLACKPINK)
- Religion: –
- Profession: Singer, Model, Rapper, Actress
- Education: ACG Parnell College
- Hobbies: Taking pictures
- Facebook: –
- Twitter: –
- Instagram: @jennierubyjane / @lesyeuxdenini
- Tiktok: –
- YouTube: Jennierubyjane Official
- Weibo: jennierubyjane
Height, Weight & Appearance
- Height: 163 cm (5’4″)
- Weight: 45 kg (99 lbs)
- Blood Type: B
- Hair color: Brown
- Eye color: Brown
- Body measurements: –
- Shoe size: –
- Dress Size: –
- Father: –
- Mother: –
- Brother: –
- Sister: –
Boyfriend & Dating History
Photos of Kai and Jennie surfaced in December 2018. Both SM and YG confirmed that they were dating on January 2019.
However, the couple split a few weeks after the confirmation because of their busy schedules.
Jennie was rumored to be dating fellow YG artist, G-dragon in February 2021. The rumors were not confirmed by their agency.
A year later, in May 2022, a breakup speculation rose among netizens as the two artists unfollowed each other on Instagram.
Jennie was also rumored to be dating V (Kim Taehyung) from BTS in 2022. In May, they were allegedly seen while riding a car together on Jeju Island, Sourth Korea.
That being said, YG Entertainment shared an official statement shortly after, claiming that they “can not confirm anything.”
Neither said have adressed their dating speculations personally.
Jennie’s estimated net worth is $10 million to $20 million. Jennie’s income comes from her career in BLACKPINK but also mainly from major brand deals.
Jennie is a known brand ambassador for Chanel, as well as for the beauty brand, Hera. She has also collaborated with sunglasses brand Gentle Monster.
The group evenly split their yearly $25 million earnings.
Jennie was rumored to have undergone plastic surgery after joining YG Entertainment as her childhood photos and current photos seem different.
However, these were baseless rumors that were debunked by a plastic surgeon who did not seem to think she did plastic surgery.
- Jennie can speak fluently in Korean and English, and a little in Japanese.
- She is a person who has a cheerful and jolly character.
- Ddu-du Ddu-du is his favorite single from the album Square Up.
- She is usually known as ‘YG Princess’ in the group.
- Jennie chose to be Pocahontas if she could be one of the Disney Princesses.
- Black and pink are Jennie’s favorite colors.
- Jennie has two pet dogs which she names Kuma and Kai.
- Jennie studied Spanish when she was still living in New Zealand.
- Jennie wants to go back to New Zealand and have a concert there.
- She likes healthy drinks and doesn’t really like pizza.
- Since her hobby is taking pictures, she would be happy if she became BLACKPINK’s personal photographer.
- Nayeon from Twice, Irene from Red Velvet, Yerin from Gfriend, Chaehee from Melody Day, and Lime from Hello Venus are her friends.
- Jennie prefers hot guys over cute guys.
- When Jennie was still in her pre-debut period, Jennie wore a temporary tattoo that said ‘stay strong’. That tattoo is a reminder that she would debut one day.
- Jennie can play several musical instruments, such as flute and piano.
- Jennie is seen as a fashion icon She is also often invited to various fashion events.
- She has participated in some famous singers’ singles, such as Black by G-Dragon, Special by Lee Hi, and GG Be by Seungri.
- Jennie was included in ‘The 100 Most Beautiful Faces’ from 2017 to 2019.
- Jennie managed to become the ambassador of Chanel and Hera.
- She is the first K-Pop idol to successfully cover the top Korean magazines such as ELLE, Cosmopolitan, W, Vogue Korea, Marie Claire, and Harper’s Bazaar.
- In addition, she has also appeared on the cover of other magazines, such as Dazed, Nylon Japan, High Cut, Billboard, and Top Class.
- Jennie is the only child in her family.
- When auditioning for YG Entertainment, Jennie sang Take A Bow by Rihanna.
- Her ideal type is a sexy and hardworking men.
- Blackpink: The Movie (2021), as herself
- Blackpink: Light Up the Sky (2020), as herself
- The Idol (HBO | 2023), as Anys
- Blackpink House (JTBC | 2018), as herself
Music Video Appearances
- Shut Down (2022) – BLACKPINK
- Pink Venom (2022) – BLACKPINK
- Ready for Love (2022) – BLACKPINK
- Shinigami Eyes (2022) – Grimes
- Lovesick Girls (2020) – BLACKPINK
- Ice Cream (2020) – BLACKPINK ft. Selena Gomez
- How You Like That (2020) – BLACKPINK
- Kill This Love (2019) – BLACKPINK
- SOLO (2018) – JENNIE
- Ddu-Du Ddu-Du (2018) – BLACKPINK
- As If It’s Your Last (2017) – BLACKPINK
- Stay (2016) – BLACKPINK
- Playing with Fire (2016) – BLACKPINK
- Boombayah (2016) – BLACKPINK
- Whistle (2016) – BLACKPINK
- That XX (2012) – G-Dragon
“I want to thank all our fans all around the world for their unconditional love and support. It really means a lot to me.”
“I have a dark and sexy side, and I sometimes have a feminine, elegant side.”
“Music can be just one-sided if you hear it, but if you see it with a visual and an image, it opens up a whole new world. I feel like it’s all connected.”
“We want to be proud when we look back on our history when we grow old.”
“My style varies on my mood or the weather of the day.”
“I would like to say every moment counts for you, so make the time that you spend for your dreams a very special moment, make sure that you do something that you’ll be happy with when you go back and look at yourself.”
“I personally don’t like to draw a line between ‘K-pop’ and pop music, but I do think it is a good time for K-pop artists to be shown to the world, because the world is just ready for it.”
“We want to become a group that many people cheer for and trust without bias, no matter what kind of songs we sing, or what stage we stand on. “
“We like to be confident.”
“We want to thank our fans for how far we’ve come and for how much we’ve received.”
“A lot of people make memories as a high-school student, but I never had that.”
Pics of Jennie BLACKPINK
1. Jennie wears a dress in her favorite color, pink
2. Her hairstyle and make-up match perfectly
3. Look how hot she is in this outfit
4. Taking pictures in the elevator isn’t a problem for her, since she’s an icon
5. Jennie’s off-duty look is very charming
Who is Jennie BLACKPINK?
She is a South Korean singer, rapper, model and actress.
Who is Jennie BLACKPINK’s real name?
Her real name is Jennie Kim.
What makes Jennie BLACKPINK famous?
She got famous after debuting as a member of YG Entertainment’s girl group Blackpink. Her popularity is boosted furthermore by her debut as a solo singer with Solo (2019).
Where is Jennie BLACKPINK from?
She was born in Seoul, South Korea.
How old is Jennie BLACKPINK?
She was born in 1996, and she is 27 years old as of 2023.
When Jennie BLACKPINK celebrates her birthday?
She celebrates on the 16th of every January.
How tall is Jennie BLACKPINK?
Her height is 5’4″ or 163 cm.
Who are Jennie BLACKPINK’s parents?
She did not reveal the names of her father and mother.
Is Jennie BLACKPINK married?
She is not married. Furthermore, there is no information on whether she is in a relationship or not.
Who is Jennie BLACKPINK’s ex-boyfriend?
Her ex-boyfriend is Kai (EXO). Furthermore, she also used to be rumored to date G-Dragon and V (BTS).
How rich is Jennie BLACKPINK?
Her net worth is around $10 million to $20 million.
What is Jennie BLACKPINK nationality?
Her nationality is South Korean.
Her confidence, style, talents are the perfect combination of an idol. No matter, her fans are really rooting for her in their everyday life.