Before JiU’s big charm magnetizes a lot of K-Pop fans out there as a member of Dreamcatcher, she initially started her career earlier before she debuted with the group.
She was known as a part of a girl group called MINX several years ago.
On 18th September 2014, she made her first debut with MINX and released their debut single, Why Did You Come to My Home?
Two years later, the agency that formed MINX confirmed that the group would make a rebranding and re-debut with a different name, Dreamcatcher.
The new branding also would add 2 members, Handong and Gahyeon.
After waiting for some time, JiU finally can debut again in a new girl group, Dreamcatcher, on January 13, 2017. At that time, she and her group released the first EP called Nightmare.
In the same year in October, JiU, Yoohyeon, Siyeon, and Dami joined a reality show called MIXNINE as a contestant. But two months later, JiU and her 3 partners left the show because of the schedule.
- Real Name: Kim Min Ji (김민지)
- Stage Name: JiU (지유)
- Nickname: Pink Princess, Dreamcatcher’s Mom
- Birthday: May 17, 1994
- Birthplace: Daejeon, South Korea
- Zodiac Sign: Taurus
- Nationality: South Korean
- Position: Leader, Lead Vocalist, Lead Dancer, Visual
- Height: 167 cm (5’6″)
- Weight: 49 kg (108 lbs)
- Blood Type: B
- Religion: –
- Profession: Singer, Dancer
- Education: Daejeon Gubong High School
- Hobbies: Eating
- Parents: –
- Siblings: –
- Boyfriend: –
- Facebook: –
- Twitter: –
- Instagram: –
- TikTok: –
- YouTube: –
- JiU’s MBTI type is ENFP or campaigner.
- She thinks that her nightmare is if she is being chased.
- In her family, JiU has a brother who is younger than her.
- Before becomes a Dreamcatcher member, she joined MINX as a member.
- JiU has an English name called Lily.
- She really loves eating but she maintained her body by doing workouts.
- She is really a carefree person.
- In their dorm, JiU always eats at the right time.
- She loves doing some act that requires an expressive face.
- JiU’s reactions towards anything are so cute.
- Her nickname, Pink Princess, was given by herself.
- Pink is her biggest favorite color.
- Actually, JiU never did a hair coloring until they had to promote Fly High when JiU dyed her hair into red tones.
- She would take a bath for a long period if she wants to relax.
- JiU is a big fan of Baby Metal.
- But actually, JiU idolizes all K-Pop girl groups so much and wants to collaborate with all of them someday.
- JiU would like to achieve a career as a macaron store’s owner or woman police if she wasn’t an idol.
- When she gets stress, usually she would do some aerobics.
- She once became a participant for MIXNINE.
- She left MIXNINE because of the schedule.
- She made a cameo appearance for a web drama called Hororong Story.
- She is Siyeon’s roommate.
- She said that she would like to be with her ideal type, who can do good communication with her and can control JiU, just a little bit.
Pics of JiU
1. JiU looks really romantic here
2. Her boldness is emphasized by her outfits and make-up
3. Look how fierce her stare is
4. She is really good-looking with her pink jacket and pink-stroke hair
5. JiU looks so bold even when she wears a girly dress.
JiU’s bold style has magnetized everyone who is attracted to the K-Pop industry. She’s bold, brave, but she’s also bright. No wonder everyone is looking up to her every time.