Kevin has always been serious in making a career in the music industry.
At 18 years old, he moved from Canada to South Korea to pursue his musical career. He eventually joined the agency Cre.ker Entertainment.
In 2016, this singer participated in a singing competition show K-pop Star. He didn’t win the show, but managed to get his name out there.
Kevin even got to be in Saimdang, Light’s Diary Soundtrack in April 2017. Under his Korean name Moon Hyeong-seo, he released his first single Half.
This Pisces man then became part of new group The Boyz. He was introduced to the public on July 2017, with video of him singing released online. He was presented as the main vocalist of the group.
Kevin got his debut with The Boyz on December 2017. They released an EP titled The First as their debut album.
As part of the release, the group also held a showcase. Kevin’s family came from Canada to support him.
After their successful debut, The Boyz went on to release several more EPs. They also released their first studio album in February 2020.
The album was named Reveal, with a total of nine songs in it. Reveal got to number 1 on Gaon Album Chart.
Other than being a great singer, this K-pop star is also talented in songwriting. He was involved in creating many songs under The Boyz.
Some of his creations are I’m Your Boy (2017), Clover (2019), and Spring Snow (2020).
- Real Name: Kevin Moon (케빈 문)
- Stage Name: Kevin (케빈)
- Korean Name: Moon Hyung Seo (문형서)
- Nickname: Keb
- Birthday: February 23, 1998
- Birthplace: Gwangju, Gyeonggi Province, South Korea
- Zodiac Sign: Pisces
- Nationality: Korean-Canadian
- Position: Main Vocalist
- Representative Number: 16
- Height: 176 cm (5’9″)
- Weight: 56 kg (123 lbs)
- Blood Type: AB
- Religion: Christian
- Profession: Singer, Songwriter
- Education: Burnaby Mountain Secondary School
- Hobbies: Playing the piano and guitar, Singing
- Parents: –
- Siblings: Stella (older sister)
- Girlfriend: –
- Facebook: –
- Twitter: –
- Instagram: –
- Tiktok: –
- Youtube: –
- Even though Kevin was born in South Korea, he grew up in Vancouver, Canada.
- He doesn’t like it when people call him with his Korean name.
- When he was four, he moved to Canada with his family.
- He went to the same elementary school as Michael Bublé.
- In 7th Grade, he won the Michael Bublé Prize for his talent in music.
- His parents named him Kevin after the main character of the Home Alone movie.
- He dropped out of college after attending it for four days to pursue a career in music.
- He was going to study psychology and fine arts in college.
- His personality type is INFP-T.
- He wears shoes in size 265 mm.
- He is friends with the cover artist Suggi. They used to go to the same singing class.
- His ethnicity is Korean.
- He picks his eyebrows as his charming point.
- He can speak English fluently.
- Gold is his designed color.
- He has a talent in drawing.
- He hates licorice.
- This K-pop Idol loves the taste of Mint Chocolate Ice Cream.
- He picks olive as his favorite color.
- He likes eating sourdough bread.
- Kevin is quite good at cooking.
- He can play the piano. He started learning in middle school.
- This singer can also do calligraphy.
- He used to learn tap dancing when he was young.
- Kevin doesn’t like spiders.
- He loves watching Disney or Pixar movies. His favorite one is Up.
- He likes cats but has allergy reaction to them.
- He can play saxophone.
- This Pisces man composed his own song that was shown in his DAZED profile video. He also wrote the lyrics for Younghoon’s.
- He is the host of music show called Simply K-pop.
- Kevin idolizes Beyonce, Mark of GOT 7, and also Sam Kim.
- He mostly speaks English with Jacob. But with Eric, he speaks 50% Korean.
- His favorite type of music is R&B.
- He used to have a Youtube channel called F L O S S.
- He was the one who designed the logo of the group.
- The man from Gwangju wouldn’t delete his pre-debut pictures because people has already seen it anyway.
- His ideal type is someone who is just like his mother.
Pics of Kevin
1. Kevin always has the most fun on stage
2. He looks adorable when smiling
3. Loving his casual style
4. He looks really cool in this blue denim jacket
5. Kevin can also bring a bit of mysterious vibe
Kevin has worked so hard since the beginning of his career. He definitely deserves all his success.