Before auditioning for The Voice, Melanie Martinez participated in a talent competition named Varsity Talent Show. She sang The Beatles and The Four Tops’ song.
She auditioned for The Voice in 2012 and chose the singer Adam Levine to be her coach.
She was eliminated by the audience vote during week five. After performing on The Voice, Melanie launched her first single called Dollhouse in 2014.
In the same year, the singer signed a contract with Atlantic Records and released an EP called Dollhouse. The song got gold certification from the RIAA.
She produced a single titled Pity Party and Soap in June and July 2015. Melanie eventually released her album Cry Baby in August. It ranked #6 on the Billboard 200 and got Platinum certification.
In 2019, she directed and produced a film titled K-12 and appeared in a web series named Extra Credit.
This singer was nominated for the Billboard Music Awards for the Top Soundtrack category in 2020.
- Full name: Melanie Martinez
- Stage name: Melanie Martinez
- Nickname: Melanie
- Born: April 28, 1995, in New York City, U.S.
- Zodiac sign: Taurus
- Height: 1.57 m
- Nationality: American
- Religion: Christianity
- Profession: Singer, songwriter, actress
- Education: Baldwin High School
- Hobbies: Singing and photography
- Parents: Jose Martinez (Father) and Mery Martinez (Mother)
- Sibling: Joseph Timothy Martinez
- Boyfriend: Oliver Tree Nickell
- Facebook: @melaniemartinezmusic
- Twitter: @MelanieLBBH
- Instagram: @littlebodybigheart
- TikTok: @littlebodybigheart
- YouTube: melanie martinez official
- Melanie is bisexual.
- She is of Dominican and Puerto Rican ancestry.
- Growing up, Melanie’s favorite show was Ren & Stimpy.
- Dylan Sprouse is the her celebrity crush.
- Melanie still has her baby teeth.
- She has stitches on her hand and chin.
- She is allergic to red apples and doesn’t like eating vegetables.
- Melanie loves eating chocolate chip cookies and other types of chocolate.
- Cookies and cream is her go-to ice cream flavor.
- She likes watching American Horror Story and Stranger Things.
- Her favorite book is Go Ask Alice, and her favorite film is Alice (1988).
- Her best-loved visual artists are Nicoletta Ceccoli and Mark Tyden.
- Five and three are her lucky numbers.
- Melanie has many tattoos; her favorite is a rabbit called Whinnie.
- Her favorite songs for her works are After School, Test Me, and Mrs. Potato Head.
- She is often compared to Lana Del Rey and Dresden Dolls.
- Her musical influences include the Beatles, Zooey Deschanel, and Neutral Milk Hotel.
- When she feels anxious, she peels her cuticles.
- She raised a donation for Cancer Research UK in September 2014.
- Melanie designed a toy and sold it for donations to NZ Charity in 2016.
- In 2017, Timothy Heller reported her for rapping and sexual assaulting.
- She rejected the statement by saying Melanie would never be intimate without her partner’s consent.
- Her boyfriend appeared in the Alternative Press 2019, in which she became the guest editor.
Pics of Melanie Martinez
1. Melanie looks feminine with the pink dress
2. Melanie wears scary makeup
3.She looks like a doll!
4. Her dress blends well with her hair
5. She incorporates two dolls for her hair accessory
Melanie Martinez’s dream of becoming a singer has come true. She has built huge popularity and following.