Rami Malek’s acting passion began when he performed a play for a school competition. Thus, he decided to study theater at the university.
After graduating, he moved to New York and formed a theater project with his friends.
When he visited his family in Los Angeles, a casting director Mali Finn asked him to stay to pursue a career as an actor.
Eventually, he got his first role for Gilmore Girls, a TV sitcom in 2004. In the same year, he was cast on the Fox series titled The War at Home.
His prominent role was in the Night at The Museum sequels as Pharaoh Ahkmenrah.
The opportunities started to come. He portrayed HBO miniseries The Pacific, Larry Crowne, and The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2.
Yet, his breakthrough was becoming a hacker on Mr. Robot. He received Emmy Awards and was nominated in other prestigious awards like Golden Globe Award and the Critics’ Choice Television Award.
He got more spotlight after portraying the lead vocalist of Queen in Bohemian Rhapsody.
He received many Best Actor awards from various film industry awards, such as the Golden Globe and Academy Award.
- Full name: Rami Said Malek
- Stage name: Rami Malek
- Nickname: Rami
- Born: May 12, 1981, in California, USA
- Nationality: American
- Religion: Coptic Orthodox
- Profession: Actor, producer
- Education: University of Evansville
- Hobbies: Talking to strangers, traveling, playing video games
- Parents: Said Malek (Father) and Nelly Malek (Mother)
- Sibling: Sami Malek, Yasmine Malek
- Girlfriend: Lucy Boynton
- Instagram: –
- Twitter: –
- Rami’s parents are immigrants from Egypt.
- After moving to America, his father worked as an insurance salesperson and his mother became an accountant.
- Although his parents are supportive, they actually wanted Malek to be a lawyer.
- His lips and wide eyes are his trademarks.
- He fluently speaks Arabic.
- Some of his idols are Freddie Mercury, The Queen, and his mom.
- He is a fan of chamomile tea and handwritten letters.
- His favorite food is a sandwich.
- Malek’s good friends are James Ransone and Bassam Habib.
- Rami’s older sister is a medical doctor and his twin brother is a teacher.
- Rami Malek attended Notre Dame High School as American actresses Kirsten Dunst and Rachel Bilson.
- He dated a girl named Emily. Apparently, she is the stepsister of his co-star in Mr. Robot, Christian Slater.
- Rami majored in Fine Arts and studied theater in the university.
- He also worked for a Mediterranean restaurant during his early career in the filming industry.
- He got Emmy Awards for Best Lead Actor in a TV series in 2016. At that time, he became the first actor of color in 18 years that win the title.
- When he was in Paris, he joined the 2017 Women’s March.
- Rami Malek almost turned down Freddie Mercury’s role for a cameo appearance in Rocketman.
- While filming Bohemian Rhapsody, he wore Freddie Mercury’s golden teeth.
- In 2018, he became the second Arabian ancestry that wins the Academy Award for Best Actor.
- In 2019, Time magazine listed him as one of the 100 most influential people in the world.
1. Look at his lips! He was born to play Freddie Mercury
2. What do you think of his side profile?
3. He wears black from head to toe
4. What about this red outfit with a YSL belt?
5. His big smile with the Oscar statuette looks charming
Many people call him nuts when pursuing a career. Yet, he proves them wrong and becomes the legendary award-winning actor from Egypt.