Who doesn’t know Safiya Nygaard? This American beauty and fashion guru always successfully takes her audience into the ride to her own journey.
As the starting point, this cat-person YouTuber did a job as a video producer for BuzzFeed back in April 2015. In that company, she got a job to produce a show called Ladylike.
She made amazing and breathtaking videos for that show. But unfortunately, two years later, in 2017, Nygaard left the company because of some issues with BuzzFeed.
In that year, she also uploaded an explanation video about her reasons why he left BuzzFeed on her YouTube channel.
That video has the title of Why I Left BuzzFeed, and surprisingly, that video gained more than 14.9 million views.
One year later, in 2018, she made some appearances for a web series called Escape the Night. Several audiences admitted that she has potential skills in acting that can be developed.
Nygaard then continued her career as a YouTuber and social media influencer by creating several contents that make her audience amazed.
And of course, her hard work finally paid off when she got her first nomination in the 2018 Streamy Awards for the beauty category.
This achievement then led her into the beauty company’s trust to her, ColourPop Cosmetics. In October 2019, she launched a lipstick collection as a collaboration product with that company.
- Real Name: Safiya Jaffer Nygaard
- Stage Name: Safiya Nygaard
- Nickname: –
- Birthday: July 16, 1992
- Birthplace: Santa Clara, California, United States
- Zodiac Sign: Cancer
- Nationality: American
- Height: 178 (5’10”)
- Weight: 65 kg (143 lbs)
- Blood Type: –
- Religion: Islam
- Profession: YouTube Star, TikTok Star, Actress
Stanford University (Majored in English);
Whitney M. Young Magnet High School;
- Hobbies: Doing makeup, Experimenting in fashion, Acting
- Parents: Jaffer Nygaard (father), Mumtaz Nygaard (mother)
- Sibling: Adil Nygaard (Brother)
- Husband: Tyler Williams (Married 2019 – )
- Facebook: Safiya Nygaard Official
- Twitter: @safiyajn
- Instagram: @safiyany
- TikTok: @safiyany
- YouTube: Safiya Nygaard Official
- She once got into controversy about her credits for videos that she created for BuzzFeed, which influenced her decision to leave the company.
- Her video that showed the audience about that controversy is a result of her six months waiting.
- Safiya has an Indian descent from her own mother’s side.
- Her father is Danish.
- Safiya met her husband, Tyler Williams, at college.
- Her husband works as a YouTuber and the CEO of Nextbeat.
- She often appeared together with her husband on their YouTube channels.
- When Safiya held her wedding with Tyler, there were also some YouTubers that attend their wedding, such as Shane Dawson, Jenna Mourey, and also Cristine Rotenberg.
- Safiya and her husband once sold their LA house in 2021 which they purchased back in 2019.
- Their house then was bought by Uzo Aduba.
- Safiya and Tyler once lived in Raleigh, North Carolina.
- She was raised in Chicago until she was going to college in California.
- She admitted that being a mixed-race person is not easy.
- She was pretty active in college.
- In college, she once joined Ram’s Head Theatrical Society.
- She once became a Resident Assistant in her college.
- Safiya loves fashion very much.
- She is very experimental when it comes to fashion and loves to do various looks to get her own personal style.
- Safiya idolizes Lucille Ball so much and said that she is one of the funniest people she has ever known.
- Back in 2016, she once did a makeup look that resonates with the vibe of Lucille Ball.
- She also loves to do various projects of acting.
- Initially, she didn’t want to be a YouTuber and her dream is just to stay in LA and publish some web series with her friend.
- She supports human rights so boldly.
- Safiya is never afraid to speak her mind.
- She was very active in the Black Lives Matter Movement.
- She once became a worker for Abercrombie and also Fitch for more than one year.
- Safiya loves cats so much.
- She owns a cat, Crusty.
- She has several highlights on her Instagram that show Crusty.
- Her ideal type is…
- Her net worth is around $3 million.
Safiya Nygaard proves to her audience that she is worth being their role model. She is inspiring, proactive, and always does her best to amaze her audience.