Sasuke Uchiha is the second main character in the series Naruto written by Masashi Kishimoto.
He was initially introduced as a protagonist, a member of Konoha belonging to Team Kakashi. But his character became darker and in an alliance with the Akatsuki.
Sasuke is the son of Fugaku Uchiwa and his wife Mikoto. She grew up in the shadows of his older brother, Itachi Uchiha, who killed every member of the Uchiha clan.
Sasuke has bristly black hair with a blue tint and onyx colored eyes. He has lighter skin than his older brother, Itachi. Like many other members of his clan, his hair spreads out on both sides of his face roughly framing his cheeks.
As a child, Sasuke was a very kind boy, affectionate to his family, respectful to his clan and teachers.
After Itachi massacred the clan, Sasuke’s ideals and personality changed considerably, he became cold, lonely, cruel, cynical, a little arrogant, and for the next eight years of his life he devoted himself to his revenge against Itachi.
- Real Name: Sasuke Sarutobi / Sasuke Uchiwa / Uchiha Sasuke / うちはサスケ
- Stage Name: Sasuke Uchiha
- Nickname: Child of the Prophecy (の子, Yogen no Ko), Sasuke of the Sharingan (のサスケ, Sharingan no Sasuke)
- Supporting Kage (支う影, Sasaukage, literally meaning: Supporting Shadow
- Birthday: July 23
- Age: 12-13 years (part 1), 15-17 years (part 2)
- Gender: Male
- Height: 150.8-153.2 cm (Part 1), 168 cm (Part 2), 175 cm (The Last), 182 cm (Boruto)
- Weight: 42.2-43.5 kg (Part 1), 52.2 kg (Part 2), 55 kg (The Last), 65 kg (Boruto)
- Blood Type: AB
- Hair Color: Black
- Eyes Color: Onyx Eyes
- Clan: Uchiha
- Parents: Fugaku Uchiha (Father), Mikoto Uchiha (Mother)
- Sibling: Itachi Uchiha (Brother)
- Wife: Sakura Uchiha
- Daughter: Sarada Uchiha
- Best friend: Naruto Uzumaki
- Hobbies: Training, Taking Walks
- Manga Debut: Naruto Chapter 3
- Anime Debut: Naruto Episode 1
- Japanese Voice Actors: Noriaki Sugiyama, Nao Tōyama (Infant and Child)
- English Voice Actors: Yuri Lowenthal, Erica Mendez (Infant)
- In the Naruto popularity polls, Sasuke was the fourth popular character in the top ten of every popular character.
- Sasuke’s initial dream was to join the Konoha Police Department later, like his father.
- Sasuke means ‘help’ or ‘assistance’.
- Whenever Sasuke appears in the anime, slow acoustic guitar music titled “Wandering” (Hyōhaku) is played.
- Despite not bearing the title of Hokage, Sasuke is referred to as the “Shadow Hokage” by Naruto because Sasuke protects the village from the outside whereas Naruto, as the Seventh Hokage, protects it from the inside.
- One of Sasuke’s favorite dishes is onigiri, or rice balls that serve as a dish for a variety of different toppings.
- Sasuke is a character that Mashashi Kishimoto described as the yin of Naruto’s yang.
- Sasuke’s favorite word is chikara, which means “strength” or “power”.
- He can summon hawks to increase his mobility, under Orochimaru’s teaching, he also learned to summon snakes.
- When he joined Team Kakashi, Sasuke displayed great indifference to his teammates.
- Orochimaru gave Sasuke the Cursed Mark of Heaven during the Chūnin Examination to give him a taste of power.
- In part 2, Sasuke’s personality returned much to the same as when he first met Team 7, given that his revenge against Itachi prevailed above all else, including his own life.
- Due to being the reincarnation of Indra Otsutsuki, Sasuke has a large amount of chakra, letting him utilize taxing techniques without running low.
- He uses Shadow of the Dancing Leaf and then strikes the opponent in mid-air.
- Sasuke has an affinity for the lightning element, though he can also utilize fire. By channeling chakra into his feet, Sasuke can run on walls or across water.
- Sasuke can run his electrified hand through targets with enough piercing power called Chidori, Kakashi’s old signature technique, which he taught Sasuke.
- Mirage Crow: The genjutsu doesn’t require eye contact and can trap an opponent in an illusion of a torrent of crows to torment the victim.
- Body Replacement Technique: Replaces Sasuke with a nearby object to avoid attacks.
- Sharingan: The Uchiha clan’s signature ability, which allows Sasuke to see the flow of chakra, letting him track people through following their chakra signals. This can also be used to copy a physical technique or jutsu he sees and use them with near-perfect accuracy.
- Amaterasu: Conjures black flames that can’t be extinguished, and are said to be as hot as the sun. Until Sasuke dispels the flames, they will continue to burn for seven days and seven nights.
- Rinnegan: After receiving half of the Sage of Six Paths power, Sasuke’s left Mangekyo Sharingan transformed into the Rinnegan, the ultimate eye power. Sasuke’s Rinnegan has six tomoe on it, which start vanishing if Sasuke overuses his Rinnegan techniques.
- Dimension Traveling: The ability to conjure portals to other dimensions, though overusing it drains the Rinnegan’s power.
- Chakra is finite, and using up all of it will kill him.
- His fire and lightning attacks are weak to water and wind respectively.
- Easily manipulated.
- Some of his ocular techniques require eye contact to work.
- Overusing the Rinnegan weakens it.
“I understand now. Even if I must take the Devil’s fruit, I must gain power. I am an avenger.”
“No man chooses evil because he is evil; he only mistakes it for happiness, the good he seeks.”
“It’s not the future I dream of anymore, only the past.”
“Tears and rain fall down on my face, my body is unable to stay, yet my heart is unwilling to leave.”
“I never want to see another important person die in front of me again.”
“The people that are the hardest to love are usually the ones who need it the most.”
“If you think I’m some stupid kid ruled by his emotions, then so be it.”
Sasuke Uchiha has a good character, that he figured that he needed to change the ninja system in order to change the world, and he could do this by becoming a hokage.
He believed that he should be solely responsible for making the difficult choices in the world. He would bear the burden of all hatred, just like Itachi had done.