Trafalgar Law is one of the protagonists in One Piece. He takes a role as an ally for Straw Hat Pirates. Goes with the nickname Surgeon of Death, due to his ability in surgery.
His full name is Trafalgar D. Water Law, but he kept his identity as secret and goes by the name Trafalgar Law instead.
He is a slim tall man with a faint shadow under his eyes. He has black dark hair but mostly kept hid behind his white northern style fur hat with a spotted pattern in it.
He often wore a yellow hoodie with black sleeves and a black hood. His hoodie has Jolly Roger printed on the front.
He also wears jeans with odd dots on the knee and ankle, along with sport-pointed shoes. He has small earring in both of his ears.
His arm is full of tribal style tattoos and a tattoo that spelled Death in his fingers. He also has a tribal style tattoo on his chest and a tattoo of his Jolly Roger.
Law is laid back and would smile calmly when he is not in a tense situation. He chooses to avoid unnecessary conflict and wait for valuable opportunities to gain his goal.
He hates being ordered around and can be childish and competitive at times, especially with Luffy and Kid.
Read also: Boa Hancock – Biography, Trivia, Family & Life Story
- Real Name: Torafarugā Dī Wāteru Rō (トラファルガー・Dディー・ワーテル・ロー)
- Stage Name: Trafalgar D. Water Law
- Also Known As: –
- Nickname: Trafalgar Law, Surgeon of Death
- Birthday: October 6
24 Years Old (debut);
26 Years Old (after time skip)
- Gender: Male
- Hobbies: Wandering around, collecting commemorative coins
- Manga Debut: Chapter #498
- Anime Debut: Episode #392
- Japanese VA: Hiroshi Kamiya
- English VA: Brittany Lauda (young), Matthew Mercer
Height, Weight, and Physical Appearance
- Height: 191 cm (6’3”)
- Weight: –
- Blood Type: F
- Hair Color: Black
- Eyes Color: Yellow, Gray (anime)
- Body Measurement: –
- Shoe Size: –
- Dress Size: –
- Father: –
- Mother: –
- Brother: –
- Sister: Lami
- Friends: Monkey D Luffy, Roronoa Zoro, Sanji, Tony Tony Chopper, Nico Robin, Jinbe, Donquixote Rosinante
- The words D in his name is to indicate that he also parts of D clan that is described as the enemy of God. But he was told to keep his name secret by his parents, as well as his name Water. So in the series he goes by the name Trafalgar Law.
- His surname Trafalgar was taken from the cape Trafalgar in South West of Spain. In Arabic, this means Western Cape.
- His name Law, is also taken from Edward Los, a pirate in the 18th century that was famous for torturing his victims before killing them, and coincidently it’s also similar to his cruelty.
- He’s placed 5th on the popularity poll, making him the most popular character alongside Straw Hat Pirates crew.
- His favorite food is onigiri and grilled fish, and he hates bread, which is the popular food in One Piece world.
- His tragic childhood, where he hid in piles of bodies to save himself when his hometown Flevance was attacked, is similar to what happened to Francois L’Olonnais, a French pirate active between 1660-1668 who was known for his cruelties, especially to Spanish people.
- He has a unique Jolly Roger. His Jolly Roger is similar to a smiley and it’s most likely he chose that Jolly Roger as a tribute to Donquixote Rosinante, who died while protecting him on Rubeck Island and died with a grin on his face.
- He is known as a cruel pirate, especially the way he beats his opponents. But behind the cruelty, he is against killing for no reason and unnecessary bloodshed.
- He is the youngest one who became Warlord at 26 years old during the time skip in order to survive in the New World. He became Warlords by cutting 100 hearts out of pirates and giving them to the Marines.
- He is the calmest character in One Piece. He also calculate and plans out everything to perfections. But sometimes he can act recklessly.
- As a renowned pirate, he has a high amount of bounty. His bounty amount is the even higher than Luffy or Boa Hancock and after defeated Big Mom, his bounty rose to 3 billions berries.
Read also: Usopp – Biography, Trivia, Family & Life Story
- His nickname, Surgeon of Death is given because he has immense surgical skills. He can operate Luffy and Jinbe at the same time and successfully treat them even if they are at the brick of death. His medical expertise is not limited to him treating the person in injury but also his knowledge in pharmacology as he can move Caesar’s NHC10 drug from children’s bodies.
- His Devil Fruit Ope Ope no Mi allows him to manipulate fabric of space by creating a sphere of light blue aura. With this aura sphere, he can control the fabric of space and move things within the area including people. He was even able to move souls and resulting in bodies swapping. With this ability, he can also remove dangerous matters such as diseases or drugs from someone’s body.
- He has an immense level of durability and endurance. He gets his physical abilities by undergoing rigorous combat training as a child under Donquixote Pirates. He is strong and can withhold swords as tall as him. He is also a skilled combat man and able to hold his own against Luffy, who is a powerful fighter, especially in fist fights.
- He has the infamous sword Kikoku that is as tall as him. With Kikoku as a weapon, he also gain his ability in swordmanship and makes him able to mutilate numerous people faster than they can react.
- He has two kind of Haki, that is Busoshoku Haki and Kenbunshoku Haki. While the Busoshoku Haki makes him able to harden his body to block Goshikito that is powerful enough to slice Issho’s meteorite his Kenbunshoku Haki allows him to sense Luffy’s presence when they face Kaidou.
- He no doubt hold unstoppable prowess. But due to his Devil Fruits, he has limitations that can be taken as a chance by his opponents. His ability to create light blue areas cost him his stamina, so if he’s not careful it could shorten his lifespan.
“You seem low on life.”
“Looks like you need my help.”
“Do you want to die that badly…?!”
“Who wants to get sliced up next…?”
“You’ve come… Let’s push them back!”
“People call me the “Surgeon of Death”…”
“We won… But it’s nothing to get excited about.”
“Shocking… That he could conceal such power…”
“I don’t plan to lose. I’ll fight until I’m the last one standing!”
“I’m an unparalleled surgeon. My operations always end in success…!”
“Weaklings can’t choose how they die. You’d be wise to remember that.”
“So that’s Straw Hat-Ya… He’s sloppy with his powers but suitably strong.”
FAQs of Trafalgar Law
Who is Trafalgar Law?
Trafalgar Law is one of the protagonists in One Piece and the captain of the Hearth Pirates.
How old is Trafalgar Law?
Law age is 24 years old in his debut and 26 years old after time skip.
How tall is Trafalgar Law?
Law height is 191 cm (6’3″).
How much does Trafalgar Law weigh?
There is no information about his weight.
Trafalgar Law is a calm but strategic one. In battle he was known for his cruelty and oddly merciful, for mutilating his opponents without harming their bodies, and for toying around with the body to mock his opponents.